Username Post: What do you use to keep your stamps in the binder?        (Topic#1597393)
Nurse Kelly
Tenant
Nurse Kelly

I am acquiring a bit of stamps and need to come up with a storage solution for them.

I've seen people use page protectors for them, but then I'd have to take them out and put them back in a sleeve every time which is what I'm trying to avoid in the first place.

I have wood rubber ones (not a lot of them so I'll probably just keep them mounted), clear and also some red rubber ones from InkaDink Clings (they are green on one side and red rubber on the other).

I'd like to have them in a binder but stuck to pages that I can just flip through....I'd also like to have a picture of the stamp in the binder too but that may require to have them in a sleeve?

I'm soo confused over something that I'm sure is pretty simple, LOL.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to Nurse Kelly

I would love to help BUT , I have like 35 rubber wood mount stamps that I just keep in my drawer and about 12 cling stamps so not really worth putting in a binder system yet!!
good luck!
mg

Expert

Hi Kelly,
Ok, after a bit more thought, and seeing that you are leaning towards using a binder, here is what I think will be the simpliest way....
Using a 2 or 3 ring binder, PVC clear binding covers and thick (200/250gsm) white card.
You will have to punch holes in the PVC and card.
Attach the acrylic stamps to the PVC sheet, then follow that with the card with the images stamped on it....then continue to alternate. Or put the card with images first, whichever suited you better.....
You would be able to flick through the binder and you would not have to use plastic pockets.....
I worked in stationery for 20 years, so I know not everyone might be familiar with binding covers, so I googled and found www.laminator.com in the states.
They have them in 3 thicknesses....I would get the thickest.
I do hope I am making sense....I can see it in my head,
but may not be putting it into words well......

Edited by christiscraps61 on 07-09-14 02:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

I like to flip too, look at the systems by Crafters Companion.

Edited by CrimsonMama on 07-09-14 04:23 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Nurse Kelly
Tenant
Nurse Kelly
In response to CrimsonMama

CrimsonMama,

Do you think that the storage panels (sheets) would fit in a regular 3 ring binder? Doesn't look like the cases fit very many and then I'd have a couple of cases instead of 1 binder....

Edited by Nurse Kelly on 07-09-14 05:48 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

They have two sues. I would go to the company website for more info.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

• CrimsonMama Said:
I like to flip too, look at the systems by Crafters Companion.

I think this is the same kind I have. I've had them for so long now, I don't remember the brand. The ones I have work perfect. I have stamped the images and keep the stamped sheet in a regular page protector between two of the stamp holder things (if that makes sense!).

Expert

Oh I do like those.....I have never seen them before....off to google where I might find them here in Australia......thanks so much for this idea......

Edited by christiscraps61 on 07-09-14 06:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tenant
In response to christiscraps61

I store mine in binders and use pages made to hold baseball cards. There are 12 pockets per page and I don't have to reach way in to retrieve them. Also, I keep pages in the front of the binder with my stamped images so I know what I have (I have about 100).

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to Artistic Scrapper

I bought a Tim Holtz binder a few moths ago. I have stored my acrylic stamps in the binder. What I like about the binder is that it zips up. If any of the stamps on the sheets falls off it will still be in the binder. I only have a small collection of stamps. So most of my stamps can fit in the binder. The only ones that aren't in the binder are my wooden mounted stamps.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to justartguy007

Tim Holts stamp sets are the absolute best as far as the sheet they store on.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics