Username Post: Sagging Pages        (Topic#1597397)
New Kid On the Block

I'm wondering what you do to prevent your pages from drooping and sagging out of your album at the bottom? I know not to stuff or over-fill the albums, but just the general weight of simple pages causes them to drop down. I use 3 ring binders. I was thinking about sewing a rubber-band-elastic type system to hold the contents together - wrapped around the outside of the binder - Thoughts... Suggestions?

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to ejmclucas

ok well first of all are you putting your pages protectors in open top up>?? you know insert at the top of the page protector if I were you I would try the wrmk albums or any album that is more than a simple 2 or 3 ring binder. Mine have never sagged - never!!!
good luck!
mg

Veteran
In response to ejmclucas

I have the same problem with some binders I have (just one particular brand, and they are 4 ring!!!). In anticipation of this very problem, the manufacturers made slip in cases to hold the binders, but I never bought any and now they have gone out of business.
I thought about the elastic strap idea too! I haven't tried it, I have just ended up laying those albums down....not the best solution though.
I have often thought of making my own slip in cases for them. Think of a box with one open side so that when you slip the album in, the spine of the album becomes the last side of the box.
It would be constructed out of thick cardboard and then have to be covered with (maybe) contact??? It would be easy enough to do, and I will get around to it one day....
sorry...that's all I've got....but I feel your frustration.....

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to christiscraps61

I have this problem with one of my 3-ring albums. Haven't found a solution yet. Not sure what Mindy's suggestion of putting them in with the opening facing up would change - if the situation being described here is anything like my experience, it isn't quite the pages themselves that are slipping down, but the entire page protector, including the layout. Which happens even with the opening facing up.

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to aquabunny

For me the D ring seems to sag more. D ring has the ring part mounted on the inside of the back cover. Some of my older albums that are 3 ring and don't sag have the ring mounted in the middle binder spine part. I think the sagging has to do with album design.

An album cover sounds like a good idea. I have my albums in plastic bags, which helps but is not ideal.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to wilbur

well ok I might be mistaken but that is ONLY because I use regular albums post mounted ha ha

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to mindygail

I had an album that did that and I got a scrapband to try and hold it all together-basically a 2-3" wide piece of elastic large enough wrap around the album and hold the everything together. It has stopped the problem of the pages sagging and I think they'd be really easy to make.

New Kid On the Block
In response to MrsAnnieS

Thanks, all, for the advice! I'm pretty bad about just buying albums when they're on sale - at big box stores - so I have a hodge podge of brands. I think I might try the elastic idea on the ones that are a problem!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to ejmclucas

Just a note on the elastic suggestion. Look for elastic headbands. They offer the same elasticity, but they are softer and also come in a variety of colors.

New Kid On the Block
In response to dwelch

Headbands -- Great idea! Thanks @dwelch!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics