Username Post: Liquid Pearls        (Topic#1597423)
RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel

Vae just told me about the new Garnet Liquid Pearls that are coming out soon and I want that colour so badly!

I already have a few bottles, and it seems to be that it stays very slightly tacky even days after it has dried. When I've used it on cards, I've had it sticking to the inside of the envelope.

I live in the UK so you know I haven't got problems with overheating! The humidity is quite high though.

Has anyone else had that problem?

boysmom
Pro
boysmom
In response to RedSquirrel

I don't have problems like that with liquid pearls Rosey.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to boysmom

I think it is the humidity, if it is high mine seem to be a bit squishy for a few days but when we have no humidity they seem to harden up alright

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

Rosey, I don't have that problem and I live in Georgia with high humidity. But that could partly be it. We have air conditioning here wear as in Seattle, I did not. So that could be why I'm not affected?????

Ranger is very responsive if you go to their site and ask questions. They might can give you tips.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-11-14 09:25 AM
In response to CrimsonMama

I've had that same thing happen Rosey. They look great and even if I set them out for days or a week to dry, when I stack them or put them in an envelope, they will stick to the envie or flatten out (or both). I still love them so I hadn't even questioned it but I wonder how they would do with a heat gun. Like maybe after they have had a chance to dry for a day or two, I wonder if the heat gun would help them finish setting up. Or if that would just make them bubble or something. I dunno.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to Vae

I live in the SE - our humidity is thru the roof. I use liquid pearls all the time. I've never had that problem. HOw much are you using? I use them mostly for dots - so it's not too thick.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to ncyankee

ok I have never used liquid pearls or ever made my own embellishments! what do you use this for just little dots of paint??
mg
goodluck !!
ps- has ANYONE EVER tried a melting pot by ranger???

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to mindygail

Mindygal --

Here are 2 examples of how I use them on lo's. Here I bordered the pic in liquid pearls but then I also used them on the orange pp - to pop some of the polka dots.

Yoga in Times Square By Ncyankee

And here I bordered them along a torn border.

Terracotta Warriors By Ncyankee

They usually take 15-30 minutes to dry. But to be safe I leave it out for the day before putting it in an album or container.

RhondaR
Idol
RhondaR
In response to ncyankee

I LOVE liquid pearls and just used some on a layout a couple days ago...I'm in Tennessee and I do know what you're talking about as mine do tend to stay slightly tacky and flatten a little but it they don't completely lose their dimension so I've never really questioned it.
Ncyankee...I really love the lp accenting the torn border...that looks great!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to RhondaR

Yes, just dots. Nothing too thick or extensive. This card, for example:

Xmas penguin Dutch fold card By RedSquirrel

And this one:
Christmas card By RedSquirrel

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-13-14 12:09 PM

Rosey, those pearls look fabulous! Is this one where they flattened? That must have been after these pics were taken 'cuz these are gorgeous!!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Vae

They didn't flatten, they just stayed tacky. And stuck to the inside of the envelope.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel

And thank you!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics