Username Post: Need some advice        (Topic#1597429)
New Kid On the Block

Hi guys, I'm new here and I'm totally new to scrapbooking too. I want to do an art journal but all I have is a book and no materials except some acrylic paint. Would you mind recommending me some materials to buy such as,

1. Color pens (the kind that don't bleed or blot)
2. Stencils
3. gel mediums
4. The kind of glue that gives a nice shine like a glaze

Thank!

Resident
In response to artist_sl

Copic markers are amazing!! I use modge podge glue/medium. You can get it in different finishes. I also like glimmer mist sprays (although I haven't bought any in a while, so I'm not sure what is available anymore). I say for an art journal...anything goes! Just have fun with the creative process!!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-11-14 09:33 AM
In response to artist_sl

I think these sets (look below) would be a very good place to start. The set of mediums has gel medium, a gloss medium, and several others and they are good sized bottles to test and play with before you commit to buying larger quantities. The brush set has a good variety of sizes. And Pitt pens are my favorite for writing on top of mixed media. I don't use colored pencils much but I have a set of prismacolor pencils that are very nice.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Vae

Thanks a lot guys. I will buy a couple of options you mentioned on eBay.

My journal is underway and I will post a page-flip video once it is done! I don't plan to write anything just yet so I have time to buy the pens later.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics