Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: Hoarding Favorite Paper?        (Topic#1597441)
jennypuccinelli
Resident
jennypuccinelli

Does anyone else hoard their favorite paper? I tend not to use the cutest stuff because I know once I use it, it's gone! Am I weird????

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to jennypuccinelli

It doesn't even have to be my favorite for me to do that. You're perfectly normal.

nanof8 
Resident
In response to AmyWho

I don't like using the plain side of a double sided paper unless I am going to use the pattern side with it.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-11-14 10:09 PM
In response to nanof8

I am the WORST 'favorite paper' hoarder. and I have a LOT of favorites. I've gotten to where I buy at least 8 sheets of my favorites so that I can use some and hoard some for eternity. LOL I do it with embellies too. And then I go back and look at something and think "gee, I really should have used this on that project". I'm trying to get better. I've joined a 12x12 step program.

Veteran
In response to Vae

12 x 12 program......love it.....

cenglanddesigns
Tenant
cenglanddesigns
In response to christiscraps61

Hoarding is a very slippery slope... I have the urge and in the past I used to and then, like Shimelle, I discovered I had all of this paper that I had invested a lot of money into and I no longer liked and/or it no longer fit my current style and I hate it all now.

So bottom line, I get the urge and then I go ahead and use it. It always looks 100% times nicer as part of a project anyway and then you can actually enjoy looking at it, instead of having it hidden away in a stack of papers in a closet somewhere.

Often what I find is the best cure for fighting the urge to hoard a favourite paper is making that first cut into it - it can be hard but once it's cut, it completely releases me from needing to hoard it because it's no longer 'perfect'. Just cut up a bunch of random sizes or shapes; you'll find they work into projects easily without needing to be exact sizes.

You can do it!

EagleScoutMom
Resident
EagleScoutMom
In response to cenglanddesigns

I'm not creative so I'm never sure what to do with the pretty paper once I get it. I also worry that once I've cut the paper I won't like what I did and that the paper will be ruined.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

I'm hoarding thevEntire K&Co Flora and Fauna Colection. Includes two paper collections, specialty papers all the embellies and the matching album. I think one day I will use it to make a book of me. I have all of it in one box and I refuse to touch it until I decide what to do with it!

I also have stamps that will work with it and 7Gypies Conservatory paper too.

That's a huge hoard but I don't hoard any thing else.
Products Referenced in This Post:

bonprof
Mayor
bonprof

Omg, we all do this!!

It's heartbreaking when special paper is discontinued.

bonprof
Mayor
bonprof
In response to EagleScoutMom

Everyone is creative; don't doubt yourself. Use sketches, pint rest, the gallery to find ideas.

southgirl
Veteran
southgirl
In response to bonprof

Yep, me too. Graphic 45 is HARD to let go of.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to southgirl

Oh yeah. It's a terrible sickness. LOL! The problem is I have soooo many favorites. How do you cure that frame of mind? I find that my favorites sit in my stash until they are no longer my favorites anymore.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to olleharr

Yes I do this and have yet to use my BoBunny Snowfall collection. It's so pretty and glittery! lol

Tenant
In response to Cindyckj

I used to hoard but I have given it up. I can always find something else I like to replace it.

And lately I have been making mini albums which use a lot of paper. The challenge for myself is I don't buy as much as they say and I force myself to go into my stash and use stuff up. It's working great. I have started one this weekend and I'm combining an old Webster's line with the newer G45 By the Sea Shore - or whatever that one is called.

But that Flora & Fauna - I did love that collection. I wasn't as fortunate to find all the bits to go with it....

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to nswilliams

wow you ladies are hoarding some wonderful stuff!

I hoarded every scrap of BG Oliver I can find (and still do) but I also decided to use it. But I have plenty left and I have hoarded BG Black Tie since it was introduced and have used it sparingly over the years

EagleScoutMom
Resident
EagleScoutMom
In response to bonprof

I love the gallery! I look at it every day to see what new has been posted. I haven't uploaded any thing to my gallery because I have been too chicken.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to EagleScoutMom

why are you chicken? everyone has their own style and talent and everyone inspires someone else. We would love to see some of your work!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Cindyckj

• Cindyckj Said:
Yes I do this and have yet to use my BoBunny Snowfall collection. It's so pretty and glittery! lol

I have at least an inch think of this paper with a dozen embellishment packages. I have also done at least eight layouts with it. I will use it all one day.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to 950nancy

My problem is that I am so far behind in the daily books of my kids. I find paper that will be perfect for some activity in 2006 and then I find that I already bought some paper for that activity last year.

Edited by 950nancy on 07-12-14 06:49 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

EagleScoutMom
Resident
EagleScoutMom
In response to Ladybing Tammy

I'm not sure why I'm so chicken. I can tell that everyone is supportive and encouraging (I have been lurking for a few years). Thank you for giving me a little nudge. I promise I will post some layouts before the end of the weekend.

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics