Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: Do you keep a tidy work area        (Topic#1597449)
Tenant

I'm working on a mini album. Although I always start my projects off with a neat tidy work area, it never stays that way. I end up working along then stopping and cleaning and going again. Kind of a wash rinse repeat thing.

Any tips out there for how you guys manage?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to nswilliams

I don't even have a work area anymore except the dining table which is in the living room so although everything is not exactly put away most of the stuff is after every project

bonprof
Diva
bonprof

I clean up between layouts, but I always make a huge mess while in the process of creating. Sometimes I can't believe how messy I am.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to bonprof

you are so not alone in that Donna!

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to Ladybing Tammy

in one word.....No.....In a sentence, HECK NO

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to PhotobearSam

I clean up after every couple of layouts just so I can pull more stuff out. Some people work well in clutter and some people don't.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 07-12-14 12:02 PM
In response to 950nancy

Unfortunately, no I am a messy!

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to vawm

I do the same thing as 950nancy--drag stuff out for a few related LO's and then put it all away, admire how nice and neat my table is, and then drag more stuff out for another round of work. It may look like chaos, but there is some organization to the mess.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Ms. Fit

I read the title of this thread, and all I can do is laugh! I am so unbelievably messy while I'm creating! I do tidy up between projects, not necessarily put everything up but at least clear the area a bit.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to chocolateaxel

i am like chocolate! yeah I get messy but its not too bad just lots of paper cluttering the table !!

hcocca
hcocca 
New Kid On the Block
hcocca
In response to mindygail

I work from home, so my desk is all business by day and then crafty scrapbooking stuff in the evenings and weekends -- so it makes me clean up after myself... which isn't a bad thing

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to hcocca

at times i get so frustrated with the clutter on my table that i put everything away and the next day i start all over again

Veteran

I am very messy when making layouts. I have a small desk, so not much area to work on, I am hoping that changes when I get my bigger desk in a few weeks.....but it probably won't....my guess is the mess will just get bigger too!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to christiscraps61

I clean up between LOs. I have a Waverly stationary holder that can hold more than one 12x12 pad and embellies to keep everything corralled during a LO. I can throw my Grand Calibur, dies and tool bag in my cabinet if I'm totally done for a while.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to CrimsonMama

Im very messy and dont clean til I absolutely have to ....either run out of space or cant find something ....I wish I was neater but its just my style ... guess its a good thing I have a room I can close the door and no one else has to see how messy I am

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to melissadam

I clean up between projects. I need the clean slate to get started on something new. while I am working though it is a mess everywhere.

Melissa920
Tenant
Melissa920
In response to andrea m

I clean just before I start a new layout. So that means I leave the mess from the previous layout until I start a new one. I tend to lose momentum when I put things away as I am scrapping.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Melissa920

I consider myself "neat" if i have lot of pictures to scrap I will set a day to organize. I have page planners so i will get all things necesary for the layout and put it in a planner. I will 'plan' up to 5 at a time sometimes (as with my vacation stuff now). And I clean up my area nightly.

But WHILE i'm working on a project...all bets are off. I have stuff laid out all over the air hockey table and my worktable lol

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-12-14 08:14 PM
In response to Just G

Do you remember the character in Charlie Brown called Pig Pen? That's me in the middle of a project. And yes, when you get a bigger table, the mess just expands. LOL. But I do try to clean up between projects.

A week or so ago I had just finished making a card, and by the end of it I was working on the very corner of my work table on a 4"x8" clear spot. My table is 40"x60", plus wrap around countertops on 3 of the walls. ALL of it was covered with paper and supplies except that tiny corner I was working in. LOL.

cenglanddesigns
Tenant
cenglanddesigns

My flat is too small to have a dedicated craft space where everything can be left out. I also scrap standing up using my ironing board as my work surface so I clean up after each crafting session. But while I'm crafting, I don't typically bother to tidy between LOs. It's a balance.

Also, I'm naturally a very organised person to begin with and a bit on the OCD spectrum so having mess and clutter just isn't an option for me. A place for everything and everything in its place is very much my lifestyle.

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics