Username Post: Saying for Minecraft-themed birthday card        (Topic#1597457)
northcarmen
Veteran
northcarmen

My nephew is turning 6, and he is hugely into Minecraft right now, so I found a free Minecraft font and frame and am making him a themed birthday card. I would like to have an appropriate saying for the inside, but I know absolutely nothing about the game. Anyone know the lingo well enough to suggest something?? Your help is much appreciated! Thank you!

Carmen.

northcarmen
Veteran
northcarmen
In response to northcarmen

I think I've figured something out. I will share the card later if anyone wants to see.

Carmen.

Veteran

I am a bit late seeing this, but if you get stuck, my kids suggested.....http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/minecraft-slang- terms/

katnip05
Resident
katnip05
In response to christiscraps61

I would love to see your finished product! My eight year old DS loooooves Minecraft!

Veteran
In response to katnip05

That sounds cool. My son had a minecraft party this year. I found free invitations to download and made most of the party games. I have a minecraft bingo file as well. Can't wait to see your card.

northcarmen
Veteran
northcarmen
In response to 1scrappymom

Here are some photos of my card. I found the green and brown frame on a page with free Minecraft birthday printables and subbed in my own text (using the colours on the original) with a free font (Minecraft Evenings, I believe). The heart is just a sticker. On the inside, I inked the edges and added my text -- hopefully it's suitable! I found a sticker of some haybales that I thought looked similar to the Minecraft blocks. On the back, I added a cow and a sheep, as they are apparently popular "passive mobs" (mobile characters?). Let me know what you think.

Carmen.

P.S. Argh -- can't figure out how to add photos in the text. Give me a sec...

northcarmen
Veteran
northcarmen

I can't figure this out. Here is the URL: http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?m=image& id=506942...

Carmen.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan

Carmen, you might be having trouble because it is not publicly embedded. When you upload you projects, if you want to share them in forum or challenges make sure you have that checked.

You can go back under edit and check the box allow for public embedding.

I did peek at your card and you did great with it. Left you some love on it.

northcarmen
Veteran
northcarmen
In response to jaxxan

Thank you, Jill - for the love and for the tip. What coding is required for adding a photo into the post? Is there somewhere in the reply box that I choose "add image"? I have checked the embedding box now.

Carmen.

northcarmen
Veteran
northcarmen

Christi, I forgot to thank you and your kids for the link. Much appreciated!

Carmen.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics