Username Post: Just a Thank you        (Topic#1597473)
Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg

Hello

I know this is going to sound really random but I want to thank who-ever it was that sent me a friend request and send a nice note about my grey flat files. I will be the first to admit that I don't know how to use half of what is here on this website for us and because of my lack of knowledge, I saw the orange/white envelope at the top of my screen, clicked on it, I saw 2 new messages. The first one was someone sending me a friend request and I clicked to accept it before I realized I could send them a message back. So, I know they are one of the people in my friends list but I am not sure which one it was. I wanted to go back and send a message thanking them for the friend request and for the nice comment about my flat files. Unfortunately, the message is no longer in my list of messages and I don't know what the name of the new friend was... (No, I don't know the people on my friends list very well because I am just not here enough...)

So, if you are reading this and you are the one who sent me the friend request and commented about my flat files, please know I received (and accepted) your friend request and I wish I knew how to find out who you are so I could actually send a thank you directly to you.

If anyone knows how to figure out who this might be, please let me know. I know there are others here who really know the in's and out's of this site.

Thanks!

Maureen

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Shutterbugg

Click on My Account at the top of the screen, then select Activity Stream. Click on the right tab My Activity, and if necessary adjust what it shows so that it displays activity by you. I think it should show you whose friend request you accepted and when. It's worth a try!

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to RedSquirrel

Thank you Redsquirrel! I tried what you suggested and it wouldn't show me what I did regarding friend requests but that's ok because the member here who left the comment and friend request saw this and sent me another message!! Yippy!!

This place truly is the best....

Thank you again for your suggestion! I did learn something new - which I didn't know before about the activity streams! So thats a bonus!!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Shutterbugg

Oh good. I'm glad you found your friend. And you taught me that friend requests don't show in activity streams, so that's helped me too.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics