Username Post: How Many Boxes...        (Topic#1597549)
Mulan05
Expert
Mulan05

does it take to pack all your scrappy goodness up?

I know the answer now for my stuff. 10 boxes that are 12x12x16. 3 boxes of tools/embellishments/cart ridges, 3 boxes of albums, and 4 boxes of paper. We're moving in the next few months and I've had to pack it all up. *sigh*

Oh well, bring on the new bigger scrapbook room in the new house!

Dani K 
New Kid On the Block
In response to Mulan05

I empathize with you. I moved four years ago and it was a nightmare. I want to move again, but haven't because I don't want to box up all my craft stuff again!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Dani K

I know how many boxes it took when we last moved 2 years ago, but now... I dread to think!

Good luck with the move. Have you kept any back for therapy - I mean emergency scrapping? I packed a small suitcase with essentials so that I could still do something while I was languishing in a serviced apartment while we waited for our furniture to arrive.

Expert
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Oh I don't even want to think about trying to move everything!! Although the thought of a larger scrap room sounds like it might *almost* be worth it.

Good luck on your move and all the unpacking!

Expert
In response to 1scrappymom

• 1scrappymom Said:
Oh I don't even want to think about trying to move everything!! Although the thought of a larger scrap room sounds like it might *almost* be worth it.

Good luck on your move and all the unpacking!

Very true...there are days I would consider walking my stuff to a new house using only my Crop-in-Style XXL if it meant I could have a dedicated scrapping room that is not in a basement!

DawnMcD
New Kid On the Block
DawnMcD
In response to HuskerMom98

I am moving in a bit over a week and am just getting to the scrappy stuff. I think I will have at least 3 or 4 boxes of albums. I can not even guess on the rest of my supplies!

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to Mulan05

Only ten boxes?? You piker.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to meezerpleaser

omg I am moving in april of 2015!!! to a smaller apt I dread it yet cant wait all at the same time!!good luck with your move!!!
(it wont be THAT bad)

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to DawnMcD

• DawnMcD Said:
I am moving in a bit over a week and am just getting to the scrappy stuff. I think I will have at least 3 or 4 boxes of albums. I can not even guess on the rest of my supplies!

Ugh! The albums would be hard. I would have boxes and boxes of those too. All of my shelving in my craftroom would also be a bear to move. I'd have to take my expedit shelving completely apart to get it out the door. Maybe I'll stay put for a while longer.

Mulan05
Expert
Mulan05
In response to RedSquirrel UK

• RedSquirrel Said:
I know how many boxes it took when we last moved 2 years ago, but now... I dread to think!

Good luck with the move. Have you kept any back for therapy - I mean emergency scrapping? I packed a small suitcase with essentials so that I could still do something while I was languishing in a serviced apartment while we waited for our furniture to arrive.

I'm storing my supplies at my parents house until we get possession of our new house. Then I can go play if I want to.

For now I've got a mountain of photos to scan, so that's my project.... well that, and packing everything else lol.

Mulan05
Expert
Mulan05
In response to DawnMcD

• DawnMcD Said:

My trick was to combine as many little things as possible into the giant ziploc bags. Then stuff as many ziploc bags as possible into a box - and when I say stuff, I really stuffed those boxes.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Mulan05

I just moved. JUST MOVED. And it was almost embarrassing.

It took about 25 boxes- all of varying sizes. And I've spent over eight hours, trying to unload and organize it all into my new workroom- and it's still not done.

I have five freestanding shelves plus the floor to ceiling BUILT IN- and they're all full, now. And I've still got stuff in boxes.

I cant even remember where I had all the stuff before I moved.

It probably didn't help that I was buying things on my lunch break and then sneaking them in after work, when I'd re-distribute everything before my husband saw it- and not that he'd complain or that he's in charge, lol, but I FELT THE SHAME. lol

-kory

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to designguyKORY

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Mulan05

since we moved 2 years ago I do know how many it took. I downsized most of it before we moved & it was many many many trips in my van & some in the moving truck too many to count. lol

ed_momof2
Tenant
ed_momof2
In response to anda11

I'm moving right now and I wish I only had 10 boxes. It seems like all I move is scrapbook things and books.

kathrynf
Tenant
kathrynf
In response to ed_momof2

I think I would have to count how many trucks, not boxes ...LOL

Christy S
Tenant
Christy S
In response to kathrynf

I am not sure. My husband jokes that I would need a whole truck for just my stuff.

MisasMom
Resident
MisasMom
In response to Christy S

I don't know but will find out soon as we are moving in about 2 months!

kelsterjean
New Kid On the Block
kelsterjean
In response to MisasMom

I don't know how many exactly. I know it's at least 10 to 15. We moved recently and packed my scrapbook room first and it was the hardest room to do! Luckily my hubby is patient!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to kelsterjean

well we move last aug and took me probably 12 boxes I think

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics