Username Post: Difficult Layouts!        (Topic#1597573)
jennypuccinelli
Resident
jennypuccinelli

So this is my newest layout for my WDW album. It took me about 6 hours to do because I just wasn't happy with anythings. Started out with different background paper, embellishments, etc. I even did a version using glitter on something I cut out on Silhouette adhesive paper.

Do you ever have times when your layouts are really hard to come by??? I'm still fairly new so hopefully it's a phase

It's A Small World By Jennypuccinelli

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 07-18-14 05:32 PM
In response to jennypuccinelli

Oh, definitely! Sometimes it's because I really want to use a specific paper or embellie, but it just isn't working with the rest. And sometimes whatever I come up with just looks messy. I don't get much time to scrap, so a LOT of my LOs are in progress for weeks or even months before they're finally done.

I think your LO is fab!

darkchami
Expert
darkchami
In response to stick

I struggle with a lot of layouts. At first I thought I was the only one who did something and then had to tear it apart. Once I started watching videos of other people scrapping, I realized it happens all of the time!

Your page is fabulous!

bonprof
Mayor
bonprof
In response to stick

For me, when that happens, it usually means I am tired or I am trying too hard. I step away from the layout for 30 minutes or overnight, and come back to it refreshed.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to bonprof

Yes, I don't think anybody just sits down and puts something together quickly without any trouble, ever. That's a pretty page.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to RedSquirrel UK

yall are gonna be shocked this rarely if ever happens to me ha ha ha not trying to be a bragger really but maybey I am just happy with the status quo
now your layout is really cool I would be happy to produce it
good luck and keep on scrapping
btw I think it would be smart to occasionally take a break
might come back with a fresh perspective

EagleScoutMom
Resident
EagleScoutMom
In response to RedSquirrel UK

It happens all the time for me. It can take me a month to get a layout done. I tend to obsess/worry whether or not I'm putting the "right" things on the layout. I told my dd one time that "it has to feel right".

You did a nice job and as long as you like the layout in the end, it doesn't matter how long it takes you to finish it.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to EagleScoutMom

You produced a great page.....but I know how you feel. I still have a layout from Dolly's Dixie Stampede from 2009 that drives me nuts.....I want to redo it so badly but I won't anytime soon. I said no to ever re-doing a layout unless I am all caught up and since I am the slowest scrapper in history, that will never happen.

jennypuccinelli
Resident
jennypuccinelli
In response to PhotobearSam

Thanks for all your feedback! Glad I'm not the only one And I am definitely happy with final product!

Edited by jennypuccinelli on 07-19-14 09:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Cloverlady
Queen
Cloverlady
In response to jennypuccinelli

I love your layout!
That happen to me alot when my Mojo is just not there or I just do not know where to begin. Sometimes I start a page and it just does not come out like I planned. Sometimes it helps to walk away and then come back to it later.
When I want to stimulate my mojo, I peruse the gallery. I also like participating in challenges (there are a lot of great ones here).

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-19-14 12:49 PM
In response to Cloverlady

6 hours? To me, that's lightning quick. LOL. Almost all my layouts take a long time. My most recent one took me about 5 nights of working on it after work. At least one of those nights I just stared at it for more than an hour and didn't actually do anything to it. It just wasn't flowing. Yours turned out great!

Nylene motherbambi
Guru
Nylene motherbambi
In response to Vae

You are definitely not the only one. I nearly always have to leave a layout on the table and walk away for a while. When I come back I can usually figure out what was bugging me.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Nylene motherbambi

It happens to me too. I do most of my scrapping in the evenings so if I run into I roadblock I usually just leave everything and come back to it the next day. I've learned that when I get like that it's more a frame of mind with me and it's best to just walk away.

danigirl786
Veteran
danigirl786
In response to olleharr

Sometimes I just sit moving the tiniest things around for several hours until it looks right, and then spend days on the page altogether. Other times I can just whip it out; and by whip it out I mean finish a layout in a day! Walking away helps, but so does checking pinterest for inspiration or using a sketch.

heather375
Tenant
heather375
In response to danigirl786

I love your layout!

I only scrap during lunch breaks during the summer, because after work, I just want to be outside! This gives me about 40 minutes a day to play. Some times I can throw a layout together with no problems. Other times I just look, and move things around over and over. then, I usually take a picture of it on my phone and head back to work. Then, while I'm working, I'm thinking about my layout in my head, and able to look at the pic on my phone and rearrange things in my head, to go home and try!

Edited by heather375 on 07-21-14 06:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

chinagirl
Tenant
chinagirl
In response to heather375

I have been working on a LO for couple of weeks myself. I thought it would be easy peasy, but its not. So, I can relate. Your LO is awesome by the way

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics