Username Post: Need ideas        (Topic#1597605)
c4cinders58
New Kid On the Block
c4cinders58

Hi... I am new to the site, first time actually, so I may be posting in a wrong area. If so, please just redirect me for next time.

I am doing a cute little page (paper pieced) with 2 cats sitting in an old fashioned overstuffed chair looking through their family album together. With a basket of kittens on the floor next to them. I need ideas on making a rug to sit in front of the chair. I thought about crocheting one, but thought maybe you all might have a better idea. Thank you so much for any ideas you might have. Happy Scrapping!

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to c4cinders58

Your project sounds very cute! Maybe you could use some colored burlap? Not sure. Just wanted to say hi.

Veteran

Hi and welcome.....
I like your idea of crocheting one; in my mind it "suits" the over stuffed comfy armchair feel.
Hope you share the finished project, it sounds co cute

EagleScoutMom
Resident
EagleScoutMom
In response to christiscraps61

Hi and welcome! Can't wait to see your finished project.

sassiescrapper
Expert
sassiescrapper
In response to EagleScoutMom

Have you tried weaving? I haven't watched either of these videos but found them on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbtKnvc_9No&a mp;list=PL...

You could also do it with paper:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By31C9gL4Dc

I think they could turn out cute for your project. Good luck!

Veteran
In response to sassiescrapper

Welcome!! Sounds like a fun project. You could always weave ribbon into a rug shape. Maybe glue it to a piece of cardstock for stability. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to 1scrappymom

I kinda like the weaving idea good luck and looking forward to seeing your project!!!

c4cinders58
New Kid On the Block
c4cinders58
In response to mindygail

Thanks to all of you for all the great ideas. I am excited to be here. Just moved to a small town on the Colorado river. Retired now and looking forward to getting back to scrapping and some other things I love to do that I never had time for while I was working. This is my jumping back in page. I never thought about posting it after I finish. Is there a specific spot for doing that? Thanks again for all the help!!

mindygail
Expert
mindygail

welcome back !!!!
glad to have you - have you considered art journaling??
fun!
mg

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to mindygail

Kind of in line with the crocheting idea, why not do that using some of that twisted baker's twine that's so popular with scrapping right now. It comes in all colors, and is light weight. If you used the two-tone it might give it kind of a braided rug look.

c4cinders58
New Kid On the Block
c4cinders58
In response to mindygail

No Mindy, I don't even know what that is. Enlighten me.

jennypuccinelli
Resident
jennypuccinelli

Cute idea! How about weaving the colored twine?

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel

• c4cinders58 Said:
Thanks to all of you for all the great ideas. I am excited to be here. Just moved to a small town on the Colorado river. Retired now and looking forward to getting back to scrapping and some other things I love to do that I never had time for while I was working. This is my jumping back in page. I never thought about posting it after I finish. Is there a specific spot for doing that? Thanks again for all the help!!

Yes, there's a Gallery here. Look up at the top next to Superstore. Under My Account you'll see My Gallery, and that's where you upload your photos of your work for everyone to see, and leave nice comments on. And you can view the Gallery and leave comments for others. It's a great resource!

Welcome to the site, and enjoy it!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics