Username Post: We R Memory Keepers - Card Punch - 3 x 4        (Topic#1597645)
bbarthej
Expert
bbarthej

Does anyone have any tips on how to keep this punch from sticking/jamming?
TIA
Emah

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to bbarthej

If I need a punch sharpened, I cut aluminum foil. If it is sticking I cut waxed paper. It always seems to work.

bbarthej
Expert
bbarthej
In response to 950nancy

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to bbarthej

I've read that all punches need to be "serviced" periodically, by punching through foil a few times to sharpen them, then punching through waxed paper to lubricate. I have a few that I have to do that a lot with, because I over-use them.

bbarthej
Expert
bbarthej
In response to RedSquirrel

Thanks Red Squirrel

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to bbarthej

I also have this punch; not thrilled. It will cut paper but not photos and it sticks a lot. I did the foil/waxed paper thing. It helped a little.

chihuahua4
New Kid On the Block
chihuahua4
In response to bonprof

I definitely have to use foil /wax paper and I have to place the punch on the floor to actually have enough leverage to make a clean cut. Like the idea of the punch but it needs tweaking!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to bbarthej

I too have had trouble with those 3x4" punches... I decided a little while ago not to buy a punch that has a man demonstrating it; like on that shopping network show. I think it is a silent hint that it takes a lot of strength to use.

Sharon Leigh
Veteran
Sharon Leigh
In response to Sunnydi

I too have these punches and have had trouble with them from day one. I haven't tried the foil thing but I believe the problem goes beyond being sharpened. One of them, I can not even pushed down and the other one jams all the time. I am not happy with these punches.

Edited by Sharon Leigh on 08-13-14 09:15 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SarahEdens
Expert
SarahEdens
In response to Sharon Leigh

if you try the wax paper and it 'eats it up' which happens to me ALOT with the punches that are already hard to go through paper, just take a candle and rub all around the metal edges...i have some used birthday cake candles in my desk drawer i use for that since certain punches i had wouldnt even go through the wax paper without tearing it all up

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to SarahEdens

Oh that's interesting. Thanks Sarah! Mine always chew up the waxed paper, but it does still help to lubricate it.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics