Username Post: Scrapbooking A.D.D.        (Topic#1597647)
Veteran

So I am DETERMINED to finish my vacation album before I go on to scrap other pictures, but with all the new goods and sales on photo developing, I find myself distracted and wanting to scrap other things. The problem...then I never actually get a whole album completed. While I am NOT a chronological scrapper, I do have some "theme" albums like trips to Disney, etc.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm scrapping along and....SQUIRREL!

Frau_Cooney
Guru
Frau_Cooney
In response to 1scrappymom

Yup! Mostly I switch between the albums for each of my kids to keep things fresh. But I started a project of scrapping (mostly just putting pictures on pages) my college photos after the photo album got damaged. I put it down to do another layout and now I don't want to go back to finish it!

bbarthej
Expert
bbarthej
In response to Frau_Cooney

I don't scrap in order - too moody for that. I just scrap whatever interests me at that moment. Then I make a small pile of layouts that I eventually will file away in the right album. By scrapping this way I never get bored.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to bbarthej

I have eleven albums that I am in the process of finishing. It makes it so much easier to buy whatever I like. It could be used in one of the albums.

Resident

I know what you mean! While I like to scrap whatever takes my fancy at the time, I am also currently hung up on getting one childs' album somewhat up to date.
One more layout and I'll be caught up to 2012
I will then endeavour to get the other childs' album to that point as well.
My kids albums MUST be chronological, but my albums are not, and that doesn't bother me in the slightest.
I think it's because I really want my kids albums to journal their life stories as they grow, but I look at my albums more as my creative outlet.....I am weird....I know

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to christiscraps61

I currently have 5 albums of mine & DH's that are in progress from previous years plus this years project life. And I have 8 years of my bonus sons books in progress. I work on his books once a year at a weekend crop I go to out of state and usually push out 40+ 2 page spreads in one weekend.

I've decided that this year I am going to finish the 5 albums from previous years before I start any new ones of ours (regardless of what my sig file says below because I can't remember how to change it for the life of me! lol!)

EagleScoutMom
Resident
EagleScoutMom
In response to Shutterbugg

I'm currently working on my son's Air Force album and my daughter's school album (She graduated in 2007...I'm a little behind). I want to re-do the boys' school albums and I keep getting flashes of ideas for the vacation albums for the kids. Making things worse is all the pretty paper my daughter brought me last weekend. I don't know which direction to turn.

momtokatie
Expert
momtokatie
In response to EagleScoutMom

I'm trying to finish up our Disney trip album from last year and we just got back from Yellowstone. I need to catch my dd's Girl Scout album up and am a few years behind on her actual year to year albums.

Oh, well I still enjoy doing it and that's a big thing.

Veteran
In response to momtokatie

I can totally relate! My goal for my next retreat is to finish the last vacation album I started.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to GAKropper

I suffer from constant squirrel moments.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Luvmyfam

Where d'ya think I got my username from?

No actually it really was from our squirrels in the garden, but that's me with scrapping too, SQUIRREL!

Veteran
In response to RedSquirrel

I think I do better when I can go to crops. I only pack the pages/projects I want to work on and get tons done, but when I am home left to my own devices...yep...SQUIRREL!

Unfortunately, we no longer have a LSS and my opportunities to go to crops are slim so I guess I need more discipline.

As for school albums, well..... let's just say I might get them done before I die! My dd graduated from high school this year and I am pretty sure I am still working on her baby album!

heather375
Tenant
heather375

I tried to stick with getting a vacation album done before going on but then found I was just hurrying to get pages done, and not really loving what I was doing.

I'm so much better at flipping through pictures and then scrapping something that jumps out at me, or flipping through paper and thinking, I have the perfect pictures for this!

Veteran
In response to heather375

Sometimes when I go through my stash I find papers/embellishments that I didn't realize I had, so perhaps I should spend less time trying to finish the albums and just enjoy the process.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-24-14 12:28 PM

One of my favorite quotes ever, and this totally applies to my albums:

"I was going to conquer the world...

but then I saw something shiny"

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to Vae

I don't get squirrels just bored working on the same stuff. I have about 5 albums on going. However, Every Christmas I make sure I have an album wrapped for each daughter. One of those albums is of my grandson and the other album has mostly layouts of professional photos since Michelle is an actress.

Edited by bonprof on 07-24-14 04:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics