Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Is Bazzill disappearing?        (Topic#1597653)
Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit

I have noticed a lot of the Bazzill cardstock in the Superstore is out of stock, which I find disturbing due to American Craft's acquisition of the company. I can't even order something as basic as Raven, which I use frequently. I checked AC's website and they do not show any of Bazzill's cardstock. It's not even listed as one of their brands. In fact I found no mention of Bazzill other than the announcement of the purchase of the company, which was about 3 months ago. Does anyone know whether my favorite go-to cardstock is being discontinued? I don't want to panic but I'm running low on a lot of colors and wonder whether I should start scooping up everything I can find for future use.

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to Ms. Fit

I'm already panicking because several of my favorite colors aren't available anywhere anymore. My personal opinion? Scoop up everything you can because chances are if they're your favorite colors, you'll use them and once stuff is gone, sadly, it seems gone for good.

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to gin1902

OK, I panicked too. I placed an order for whatever I could get. Some of the colors were in such short supply that I could only get 9 pages. I checked the big A website too for some basic colors not available here but would have to order from some independent little outfit and didn't want to take the chance.

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to Ms. Fit

LOL~sorry for forcing you into a shopping spree, but happy to do some enabling! It's very distressing though when basic, plain, good quality, usable color cardstock is unavailable.

Love your name and your dog pages are gorgeous. Can't wait to see the pages of your husband's handmade furniture.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to gin1902

This would be very bad indeed if Bazzil is being discontinued. I have just recently started using some of their paper and love it to pieces for the quality!

Hmmm... thinking I should pick up some extras...

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Shutterbugg

I love Bazzill! Fortunately I also love American Crafts. But still.....

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-23-14 09:09 PM
In response to Luvmyfam

What is the big deal between these two? It's there an actual difference in product or are some people just on team bazzill because that's all they know? I haven't used either one and I'm trying to figure out what to get for my cameo.

Veteran
In response to Vae

I like both brands, but I think Bazzill had more colors available. I need to find some lighter cardstock for my Pazzle as it seems the textured cardstock doesn't cut as well...although that may be a sign that I need a new blade.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to 1scrappymom

Vae, I use the AC cardstock in my Cameo & it cuts like butter. Best cardstock I've found. I get it in solid color packs of 25.

Frau_Cooney
Guru
Frau_Cooney
In response to flintridgescrapper

From a business perspective, it is hard to imagine that AC bought Bazzil to simply discontinue its products. Just guessing, but they will probably continue producing the cardstock either in the AC or B name. It's likely that the purchase of the company, re-branding, etc., has disrupted the supply chain causing a shortage here on scrapbook.com, but that it will resolve itself quickly.

All that said, stock up on what you love. :-)

andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to Frau_Cooney

I have used both brands on many projects. We sold both at the lss I worked at. I have to say they are both awesome but I think AC cuts better in a die cut machine.

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to Frau_Cooney

I do not think Bazzill is disappearing. However, production may slow for a while as they move everything to a different warehouse or retire colors or lines or whatever. It would be odd indeed to purchase a company for it's asset - which is paper, and then close it.

andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to GwynnAsbury

They may decide to keep producing the bazzil colors under the AC name. This has been done with many companies for years.

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to andrea m

If you're absolutely desperate for right-now orders, Am has many colors. Otherwise, I think there's just going to be a lag in production, as other posters have said.

Huskymom
New Kid On the Block
Huskymom
In response to meezerpleaser

Yikes! I've just reentered my scrapbooking room for the first time in ages and I'm glad I'm stocked with Bazzil! If there's a color someone is desperate for, I may be able to help. I have a file cabinet full This is the only card stock I ever used.

Edited by Huskymom on 07-24-14 09:28 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

justCecilia
New Kid On the Block
justCecilia
In response to Huskymom

It makes sense that it would lag in production for a little bit.

With that said, I am still going to stock up on favorite colors/textures.

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to GwynnAsbury

I do hope you are right. I do use both AC and Bazzill. I think, however, that Bazzill has more of a variety of colors and textures so I do not want to lose that. If AC is just getting things sorted out for marketing purposes, they really should post something on their website. This site is not the only one running short. I did try the big A the other day but they had only a very few of the colors I wanted and what they did have had to be ordered from another party with which I am not familiar so I didn't do it. Plus, I usually get free shipping from A, but not so from the other supplier. I ordered quite a few colors from this site (my favorite) but only 8 or 9 sheets were available in some colors, and several that I wanted were totally out of stock.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to Ms. Fit

I have never used either of these! just getting ready to place an order at amazon for white ac cardstock!!!

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to mindygail

I've noticed that some stores have their own "copy" of Bazzil, M's has Recollections and J's has their own brand. I don't like their texture but I will get DCWV and I love white bazzil textures.

MeMovieGal
New Kid On the Block
MeMovieGal
In response to Mia1979

Just ordered two Raven 25 packs. I am in desperate need of black cardstock. I have only recently started using Bazzill. My go to paper was Worldwin Double Mates, but they are discontinuing their 12 x 12 line. I like the few sheets of Bazzill that I tried, so I sure hope it is not discontinued.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics