Username Post: Gallery Challenges vs. Forum Challenges        (Topic#1597781)
sassiescrapper
Pro
sassiescrapper

Hello! I'm fairly new to being active here on SB.com. I was a 2peas transfer.

I was just curious why some of the challenges are listed in the Gallery vs. in the Forums.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to sassiescrapper

I had to go exploring to see what you mean. I never saw that before! I don't know. Lots of help, huh?

It looks like the ones in the gallery are the ones that you actually join, then all of the entries are shown together. If there is an entry that wasn't posted in the thread itself, you can see it there. But, you can join and/or get to the same thing by clicking the link in the first post of the challenges.

That probably didn't make any sense! Since all of them aren't listed in the gallery part, I'd just check the forum ones.

I'm sure someone else will have a better answer.

Edited by AmyWho on 07-29-14 05:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

sassiescrapper
Pro
sassiescrapper
In response to AmyWho

Thanks, AmyWho! Hoping someone from SB.com might be able to answer or clarify.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to sassiescrapper

A little over a year ago, SB.com added the "challenges" section under the Gallery tab above....it was very confusing since we all had been using the forums tab above and using the challenge discussions tab up to that point...THEY DID NOT CONNECT THE 2! except you can click on the forum discussion button from the "challenges" section. I feel that they should be connected at the very least "together" instead of under 2 different headings above.....

I chose to use the new feature though as it seems easier for newer members to find us and find the challenges!....Many, though, just continue as they were before this change....I send a lot of helpful PMs to those that just post in the challenges section as hardly anyone looks there to look through the LOs...you get far more viewers when they are posted directly into the forum discussion area....

Hope that helps and explains a little bit!

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to MarciLB

the main difference is if you 'join' a challenge in the gallery section, it shows up in a list when you upload images so you can submit a project by checking a box.

most people prefer the forums for posting and submitting to challenges.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics