Page 1 of 8 
Username Post: August BUDGET Challenge        (Topic#1597789)
jorganne
Idol
jorganne

Details: Welcome to the August Budget Challenge! We're here to try to stay within limits on our scrappy/crafty spending, though we have plenty of enabling going on! We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers! (Mostly enablers!) The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month. Then list the high priority items that you want to buy this month! Optional: List something you are NOT allowed to buy all month! (Forty lashes with a piece of wet twine if you cave in on that one!)

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and keep track of it as you spend. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, storage, gifts or shipping, unless you want to. Please round to the nearest dollar value.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

There is no longer a twist to indicate what you CANNOT buy in the month but if you can add one if you want.

Happy Scrapping!

View Challenge Here: August BUDGET Challenge

Sewflake
Diva
Sewflake
In response to jorganne

Me of course, but I will have to get back with you on a budget for August....

What the heck, I will keep it at $150

My wish list is to finally push the button on my cart here at SB. Right now it has 24 items in it!!! 20 of those items are paper......... then I have more Color Bloom in there and one new die, flowers by Prima.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

I'm here but I need to think on my budget! I have a wedding this month coming up which means some money being spent.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Naturally I'm here too! And naturally my budget should be zero, but that's just unrealistic!

Budget: $80
Wishlist: Sizzix dies from SMS, TH Tattered Florals sizzix die, SS Sea to Shining Sea Stars paper, Amy Tangerine Plus One Thickers, Prima Seashore paper line, resins and metals, Color Blooms (orange, green or red), Prima anchor mask & words, whatever else I see as long as I....
Twist: DO NOT BUST! No Cricut carts, no washi, no other paper!

Edited by SonjaC on 07-31-14 02:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to SonjaC

LOL. Yep unrealistic!! I'm staying on $200. I'll have to put my wish list up later.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to jorganne

ah Sonja I love your NO list!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

It seems if I set my budget high, I stay under and if I set it low I go over. That being said, I am setting mine at $200. I know I will want some things out of the new CTMH book and I am hitting a lss which isn't local but 2 hours away with some girlfriends.

I was at J's yesterday and had a couple Cricut carts in my hand and put them back. They were $19.99. I really don't need carts and I enjoy the EB route of getting them cheaper than that and free shipping.

Veteran
In response to tinadn

Well, the likelihood that I will stay at 0 for another month is pretty slim, so I will set my budget at $65 for this month.

On the wishlist are more Disney papers/embellishments (I am determined to get caught up, darn it!!)

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to 1scrappymom

yeah Shannon has a budget and a wishlist this month! Can't wait to see what she buys.

Tina love you are thinking! I may try that strategy too. this month I am going down home to Manchester for a wedding so may pop into the LSS on the Saturday!

I also have not done anything for my quota for Su and do have a wishlist

Sewflake
Diva
Sewflake

You really kept to your budget Shannon?? Hats off to you! or bouncing as we don't have hats.

I'm in a shopping mood but have no place to go!! Since I have two packages coming in the mail now I had better keep my purchases local, alas there is nothing new out there that I want. I will just pretend I went shopping when my packages come in........ now there is always a digital cartridge I can get.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Sewflake

I'm here. I'm not setting a budget or a wishlist for this month. The packers get here on the 13th. We are moving on the 18th, it's a 5 day drive across the country, and then we are "homeless" until mid September when our house should be complete as long as there aren't a ton of weather delays. I suspect there won't be too much shopping taking place since I won't have access to my supplies for a bit and living in a hotel room with three dogs won't leave us a lot of room to hoard supplies.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Knew you'd like that Tammy!

I have the shopping bug too, but know I won't cave, don't have time!! LOL!

That said, I saw M's has a coupon for 50% off Sizzix dies through Saturday...

jorganne
Idol
jorganne
In response to SonjaC

Yikes gone to M's BRB...

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to jorganne

• jorganne Said:
Yikes gone to M's BRB...

Sorry Jorganne...

But you know that coupon is good tomorrow too... just sayin!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

lol! Oh Jorganne hun, usually we try as hostesses not to be the first to bust! (although Kelly, Courtney and Sonja might disagree with that) lol

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Kelly, I hope all goes well with the big move - I know it is a big change for you!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Actually Courtney and I at least had a competition to see who could bust first as hostess. I believe she won....

I am well on my way to busting already! Pressed 'buy' on my SMS dies!

$23 and it's not even noon on the first! I think that's a new record for me... On the plus side, (or maybe its a minus side), I chose to pick up in store rather than ship and saved another $8! Go me!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Budget: $80-23= $57
Wishlist: Sizzix dies from SMS, TH Tattered Florals sizzix die, SS Sea to Shining Sea Stars paper, Amy Tangerine Plus One Thickers, Prima Seashore paper line, resins and metals, Color Blooms (orange, green or red), Prima anchor mask & words, whatever else I see as long as I....
Twist: DO NOT BUST! No Cricut carts, no washi, no other paper!

Sewflake
Diva
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

Kelly, hope you have a smooth move!

Glad you were kidding Jorganne about shopping yesterday, right!! Can't bust on the first day........ I came close once!

Cute chevron boarder Sonja, way to go being the first to shop!!

Maybe I'll get in the mood to leave the house to see what M's has left in the way of dies. In the meantime I'm back to my work table.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Sewflake

wow and it was even something on your wish list and not your twist list Sonja!

Page 1 of 8 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics