Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: August Monochrome        (Topic#1597793)
beck_bear
Diva
beck_bear

See Forum Discussion for Details. Join here and make sure to add your name in the forum as well, so we'll all know you're here! Please see forum for basics of monochrome

View Challenge Here: August Monochrome

beck_bear
Diva
beck_bear
In response to beck_bear

Here are the basics of how MONOCHROME works.

1. Monochrome means "of one color." Each week has a color which you are to create a layout around. Aside from the listed neutral palette, this is the only color tone allowed in your layout.

2. It must be obvious that your intention is to create a one color layout, so the only "color" of your layout must be the weekly color and it's corresponding darker and lighter tones and shades. Any other colors must come from the neutrals palette.

NEUTRAL COLOR PALETTE TONES are : white, cream, beige, tan, brown, khaki, olive, black, gray, and navy. These are the colors that my mother always told me "go with everything."

*****Layouts using colors other than the color of the week and the neutral palette are not considered monochrome and will not be included for the voting. Make SURE your layout conforms to the specs for this particular challenge!

3. Twists are added for your amusement and to help you push your project to the next level. If you complete the twist, your page gets an extra vote at the end of the month.

4. The challenge weeks can be completed in any order, and you are not required to complete all four weeks. This is a challenge by choice - do one, two, three, or all four weeks. Do them in whatever order you want. And if you decide that you want to complete ALL the month's layouts in one week that is perfectly fine. Whatever works for you!

5. No sign-up required. Just jump in and have fun whenever you're ready!

6. I am not the comment police. I know we all get busy and get behind. But we all like to get comments on our projects, so do your best to give love when you get love.

7. Layouts must be new as of the first of each month and are DUE no later than midnight SB.com time the last day of the month.

READY? Then let's go! Have Fun!
~~~Becky

beck_bear
Diva
beck_bear
In response to beck_bear

Colour 1: Lavender Meadow
Lavender Meadows - August Monochrome

Optional Twist: I love being outside during the summer but at our house the mosquitos/bugs are terrible!!! next year i am going to be planting lavender around the yard (as this is supposto deter mosquitos). . .twist is to have a cluster of flowers on your project

Your Beautiful Work:

another leaftover card By Ozmagi

mum By Scrappinglyn

3. *
nadia By Ozmagi

4. *
Life is Good **Robin's Nest** By Erin Reed -

Sisters By [url=http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 5151073.html]Scraping4fun25[/url

6. *
Cousin Chaulk Fun By Beck_bear

7. *
Details By Scrapanda

Edited by beck_bear on 08-31-14 06:54 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

beck_bear
Diva
beck_bear
In response to beck_bear

Colour 2: Summer Rain
Summer Rain - August Monochrome Colour

Optional Twist: I don't know about you but i love the rain - - especially a good summer storm (we get lots of thunderstorms at night after a long hot day). . .twist is to have some splatter on your page

Your Beautiful Work:

Only 1 By Scrappinglyn

you and me By Pam In TX

Senior Ball By Charris449

4. *
Beach Boys By Boricuapr

Grandpa By Boricuapr

Yummy By Kbear23

Can't You See - We're Napping By Scrapping_in_AK

8. *
Time 2 Ride By Beck_bear

9. *
Bon Voyage **Birds of a Feather & Just imagine** By Erin Reed -

Edited by beck_bear on 08-22-14 07:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

beck_bear
Diva
beck_bear
In response to beck_bear

Colour 3: Crisp Sheets
Crisp Sheets - august Monochrome

Optional Twist: another one of my favorite things is hanging sheets on the line to dry in the sunshine. My aunt is from the NorthWest Territories and she is visiting my parents at the same time I am and yesterday she did a load of laundry just so she could hang them on the line after they were washed because she doesn't get to do that back home. . .twist is to create a project that is unique to you (how you interpret this is up to you)

Your Beautiful Work:

1.*
anchored **Birds of a feather & Susan K. Weckesser & Just Imagine** By Erin Reed -

2.*
LOVE By Scrappinglyn

3. *
The Love of Baseball By MrsCDJ

4. *
Wedding Ceremony Randoms By Scrapanda

Edited by beck_bear on 08-22-14 07:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

beck_bear
Diva
beck_bear
In response to beck_bear

Colour 4: Lazy Days
Lazy Days - August Monochrome

Optional twists: there is nothing I like doing better on a lazy day than sitting on my deck reading a book while my son plays in the yard. . .twist is have some texture on your page that makes you relaxed

Your Beautiful work:

1. *
Brother By Scrappinglyn

2. *
Trash the Dress By Scrapanda

3. *
The pastor's Cat By Charris449

4. *
Simplicity By Scraping4fun25

5. *
8th Grade Grad By MrsCDJ

Edited by beck_bear on 08-26-14 06:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Charris449
Expert
Charris449
In response to beck_bear

I will probably be able to do at least several of these. I'm in

scrappinglyn
Idol
scrappinglyn
In response to Charris449

as previusly mentioned in another challenge i am really busy this month and on vaction for 10 days from the 11th , I am not going to commit myself but would love to if i can and love the crisp colour,

Scrapanda
Mayor
Scrapanda
In response to scrappinglyn

I am going to try again this month!

msmama
msmama 
Mayor
msmama
In response to Scrapanda

Count me in!

Diva
In response to msmama

Lisa, I'm having a lot of trouble trying to figure out what color family Lavender Meadow and Lazy Days belong to. My computer shows the lavender as a mauve and the lazy day as black - help!

scrappinglyn
Idol
scrappinglyn
In response to beck_bear

• beck_bear Said:

Optional twists: there is nothing I like doing better on a lazy day than sitting on my deck reading a book while my son plays in the yard. . .twist is have some texture on your page that makes you relaxed

Your Beautiful work:

Can someone tell me what colour this is , i,m looking at it as dark blue my hubby and grandson is looking at it as grey

Erin Reed -
Pro
Erin Reed -

color 3 - with navy

anchored **Birds of a feather & Susan K. Weckesser & Just Imagine** By Erin Reed -

beck_bear
Diva
beck_bear

• scrappinglyn Said:
  • beck_bear Said:

Your Beautiful work:

Can someone tell me what colour this is , i,m looking at it as dark blue my hubby and grandson is looking at it as grey

When i originally saw it i saw it as a blue with grey tones. . .but if you see it differently on your screen go for it

scrappinglyn
Idol
scrappinglyn
In response to beck_bear

Here is my entry for crisp sheets no 3

LOVE By Scrappinglyn

Mine for Lavender meadows ( no 1 )

mum By Scrappinglyn

Heres my for summer rain (no, 2)
Only 1 By Scrappinglyn

here is mine for Lazy days (no,4)
Brother By Scrappinglyn

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX

Here is my layout for Summer Rain w/o the twist.

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 5136683.h...

beck_bear
Diva
beck_bear
In response to Pam in TX

front page is updated

thank you so much for you patience while i've been on holidays (they turned out much busier than i was anticipating)

I leave saturday and will be getting home Sunday so probably won't be on until Monday afternoon/evening so if you have any questions please pm them to me (as I get email notifications on my phone), thank you so much and thank you for playing this month

scrappinglyn
Idol
scrappinglyn
In response to beck_bear

acu

Scrapanda
Mayor
Scrapanda

Mine for category 4 (Lazy Days) - it looked black on my screen - twist of texture
Trash the Dress By Scrapanda

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Idol
MrsCDJ
In response to Scrapanda

I did this for Crisp Sheets, which looks like and offwhite/eggshell-ish color on my screen (and Lavender Meadow looks like a dusty rose and Lazy Days looks like a dark grey with blue trying very hard to peek through!).

The Love of Baseball By MrsCDJ

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics