Username Post: **Book of Me (BOM) - August** Everyone Welcome        (Topic#1597829)
charcats7
Governor
charcats7

Welcome to the monthly BOM Challenge for August 2014.

This is a monthly challenge to help those who want to make a Book of Me (BOM) or expand their BOM or just get motivated to work on their BOM. I'm making it a monthly challenge as that seems to give us all more urgency to make us work on a project. Couple it with some of the other challenges out there- Page Maps, Stamping, Monthly Sketch, Monochrome, Sewing... There are so many & you'll at least get one LO done for YOU.

Or - you could use these topics each month to work on a Smash Book of you - just share your page or pages that correspond to the topics :)

So many times we scrap our family, but not ourselves- as if we are less important. I so wish my mother had put a note or something behind some of those photos of her & now she's gone & I cannot ask. Leave something for the future generations about the magical & wonderful person you are.

These are topics to inspire you- not to be followed to the letter. So be creative. The idea is to tell YOUR story. Pictures are a plus, but not required on your pages. The idea is to work it as a smash book or regular scrapbook pages, 1-2 page layouts.
PLEASE NOTE: I have combined June & July’s topics and posted them here for August as so many of us were incredibly busy those 2 months and very little got done or posted. If you finished a LO in June or July on one of these topics, please go ahead & post it on this month so everyone can see. I’ve done one LO myself over the past 2 months so it’s time to get busy

Topic 1: Happy Place We talk about our ‘Happy Place’ many times when we’re under stress. But is your happy place a tranquil location you refer back to? Or is it a fun & inspiring activity/location? Is it in your past or present? Do you mentally visit there? Or physically? Is it in your home? Or somewhere you walk or drive? Describe your happy place & give us the details about where & when it is.

Topic 2: Travel - Do you vacation in the summer? Talk about a memorable vacation or trip, near or far from your past- recent to childhood. What makes it so memorable? Why did you travel there? Did you want to go or not? Did you plan the trip? Was it a family trip?

Topic 3: July - If you are in the US, do you celebrate the 4th of July? How? What stands out to you about that holiday? If you are not in the US, is there a special day that you celebrate in July? Same thing- what stands out to you? What makes it special? People? Location? The nostalgia? Do you go somewhere or do people gather at your house? Do you meet others at a specific location? Is this a tradition?

Topic 4: Transportation Tell about your regular way of transportation or the most unusual way you have ever gotten from point A to B. Have you ridden a hot air balloon? Train? Boat or ship? Police car? Tell a story about a ride or trip you took.

Topic 5: Giving Birth - What is your story about giving birth? If you have not personally, have you witnessed or helped someone give birth? An animal? Describe the feeling & thoughts you had during this miracle.

Topic 6: Father's Day- In honor of Fathers Day, tell about your father (or father figure) in your life. What is your favorite memory? What lesson will you never forget? What traits about him stand out most to you? What do you admire about him? Do you have a special tradition together?

You are also welcome to share other BOM pages you make- just those not on topic won't be linked to the front

Most of all, have fun, share as much or as little as you want, give positive feedback & leave as we all need some of that about our work.

No sign-up necessary- just jump right in

Please let us know the name you like to be called if it isn't in your signature block.

LINKING LAYOUTS TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. On the right-hand side under the small icons of your gallery, click on ‘Link'.
3. When the pop up window opens, click on 'IMG code' button. Choose a larger size if you’d like.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...] into the forum thread.
ALLOWING PUBLIC EMBEDDING:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Edit Image' tab at the top on the left side of the layout.
3. Scroll down to the bottom left side.
4. Check the box that says, ‘Allow Public Embedding’.
+you can also check the box at the time you upload as well & save having to edit.

Edited by charcats7 on 07-31-14 02:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to charcats7

Your Pages:

Topic 1: Happy Place
1) House of the Blue Wave Chung Do Kwan By AuntyT

2)

Topic2: Travel
1) Blackpool By Scrappinglyn

Topic 3: July
1)

Topic 4: Transportation
1)

Topic 5: Giving Birth
1)

Topic 6: Father's Day
1)

Edited by charcats7 on 08-31-14 05:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappinglyn
Diva
scrappinglyn
In response to charcats7

hi ya char is no 2 and 5 r the same topic ?

And I will do this one on my return as where we are going I used to go when i was little with my mum and family ,
So will do this one on return aswell,

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to scrappinglyn

ooops- I see what I did- I'll fix it...

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to charcats7

Great catch Lynn- I do these in Word then copy paste them into SB.com - I guess I made changes for July on June's then saved it before doing a Save-As - so that's how it got overlapped. All fixed now tho

GingerH
Diva
GingerH
In response to charcats7

im in

PamStewart.Iowa
Governor
PamStewart.Iowa
In response to GingerH

I am going to try to get a couple done this month!

scrappinglyn
Diva
scrappinglyn
In response to charcats7

• charcats7 Said:
Great catch Lynn- I do these in Word then copy paste them into SB.com - I guess I made changes for July on June's then saved it before doing a Save-As - so that's how it got overlapped. All fixed now tho

Lol easily done hun , so will keep to the travel one on my return from my vacation ,

charcats7
Governor
charcats7

Did a page for a friend who's daughter is going off to college next week- need to clear my work table off so I actually have room to see what I'm doing LOL

PamStewart.Iowa
Governor
PamStewart.Iowa
In response to charcats7

Another month almost gone and summer is almost over. Maybe fall is a better time to scrap for me LOL

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to PamStewart.Iowa

I posted this in June but I thought I'd repost again. I'm not sure I'll get another one done.

House of the Blue Wave Chung Do Kwan By AuntyT

scrappinglyn
Diva
scrappinglyn
In response to AuntyT

Going to do some more layouts from sunday and hopefully get this one done sometime next week

charcats7
Governor
charcats7

I thought August would be a little less hectic- HAH! Silly me thinking such a thing. I've just gotten back from a 3-day scrap retreat (which was awesome) but I've been focussing on making items for my upcoming craft fair for which I now have just over a month to get everything made
Like that country song "what was I thinking?"

scrappinglyn
Diva
scrappinglyn
In response to charcats7

Hi ya char you are busy arnt you hope you get it all done in time when i used to do craft fairs it was so busy and after sales aswell i was always on the go ,

Done my layout for no 2 will upload tomorrow

charcats7
Governor
charcats7

This summer & still has been really really busy. Seems like there isn't any such thing as an open day or weekend- we are either booked with some doctor appointment, event, family obligation, Military, etc- it's been so crazy. If I didn't keep my calendar on my phone & check it regularly I'd be in the dog house for missing stuff.

PamStewart.Iowa
Governor
PamStewart.Iowa
In response to charcats7

I agree - such a busy month, and I can't really see what I have accomplished. Oh, well, keep on plugging along.

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to PamStewart.Iowa

I had so thought August would be a slower month & now it's almost over. I'll have Sept posted I hope tomorrow.

scrappinglyn
Diva
scrappinglyn
In response to charcats7

at last found time to upload topic no 2

Blackpool By Scrappinglyn

charcats7
Governor
charcats7

working on Sept topics now.... hope to post tonight

charcats7