Username Post: I forgot to ink my edges        (Topic#1597925)
Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 08-04-14 07:56 AM

I forgot to ink my edges...again. LOL I am so silly, anytime I mat anything on black, I always want to ink the edges first, especially on dark photos or patterned paper. Not distress inking, just the very fine edge that shows up white when you put it against something black. I always forget until I've glued it down. Usually I can go back with a marker or something to fix it, if I even bother, but I just think it's funny that I always forget this one thing.

How about you? Is there anything you always forget to do on your projects?

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to Vae

sorry you forgot ...again!! ha ha hey your lucky I often "forget" embellishments!!! oh do not get me wrong I LOVE to embellish big time I just do not get that far!!! 1 of two things happen either I forget or I don't get that into it or detailed!!! silly I know!!
take care,
mg

Veteran
In response to Vae

Oh, forgetting to ink edges or distress edges is a big one for me too!
Sometimes I will finish a layout and think..oh I really should have have used some mists on the background...they are sitting on a shelf, at eye level, and I still forget to use them!
And....I always forget to thoroughly go through all my embellishments to see what might work, and will later remember that perfect something that would have worked on the layout, but then trying to incorporate it doesn't work.
I think that is why I will forever continue to search for that all perfect embellishment storage system.
Please note: I used "embellishments" not embellie
But in regard to my forgetfulness, I am sticking with old age!!!! I am going to start making a list of things I want to do or use on a layout before I start it.....

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 08-04-14 12:55 PM
In response to christiscraps61

Oooh I have that same thing with the perfect embellishment. I usually find it a month later in a spot where I put it so that I would definitely remember to use it. LOL.

The other one I frequently forget is to use my embossing buddy before I stamp with embossing ink. I need to make myself a note to do that and attach it to my heat gun to make me remember.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to Vae

Lol!! When I first saw this thread I thought you would say the Scrap Police were coming to take you away!!

I have to line up everything I want for my page and keep it in front of me or else I will forget something.

nanof8 
Resident
In response to bonprof

I would do a layout and think I should have inked the edge so I now have a note with INK EDGES where I can see it.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to nanof8

I have done a whole lo and realized I inked everything but one picture edge. then that one spot bugs me. I guess I get on a roll and just skip it.

southgirl
Veteran
southgirl
In response to andrea m

Often! And I wonder if anyone notices. I have gone back with a stipple brush and slid a piece of paper under it and tried to ink it anyway. I have actually thought to just give up on inking edges.

Wow I thought I was the only one that was driven mad by the white peeping from under a cut and using a marker to stop it.

Frau_Cooney
Guru
Frau_Cooney
In response to southgirl

I never thought to ink edges before. Now I feel so inadequate! :-)

Edited by Frau_Cooney on 08-05-14 07:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Frau_Cooney

Oh my I've done this so many times. I've really been trying to concentrate on it for my vintage stuff right now.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to CrimsonMama

I forget to ink edges until after I've matted as well. Then I have to do the whole LO with no inking, 'cos I think it looks silly to have some inking (it doesn't really, that's just me) so no edges get inked. I'm getting more and more pages with no inking...

The other thing I'm always forgetting is to leave space for the journalling. The number of times I've had to unpeel adhesive and add an extra mat so that I can tuck journalling behind photos is ridiculous.

Resident
In response to RedSquirrel

I, too, often forget to ink edges. I remember after i am done, and all is glued. Then I just leave it.

I try not to let it bug me. It does right after I finish, but then I forget about it. I know others looking at my pages don't notice.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics