Username Post: Scrapbooking supplies in Hawaii        (Topic#1597981)
Emma82 
New Kid On the Block

Hi everyone.
I will be visiting Hawaii in October from Australia and was wondering if anyone knows of any good craft/scrapbooking stores. Everything is so much cheaper in the states than here so I would love to be able to pick up some bargains.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Emma82

Which island are you visiting?

Emma82 
New Kid On the Block
In response to Luvmyfam

That information would be helpful, wouldn't it?

Visiting Waikiki and the Big Island. Will have a car on the Big Island

Cheers

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to Emma82

yea what island are you going to be on

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Emma82

• Emma82 Said:
That information would be helpful, wouldn't it?

Visiting Waikiki and the Big Island. Will have a car on the Big Island

Cheers

A bit.

I personally do not know, because I never have time for scrapbook shopping when visiting the islands, but I asked because others who stop by this thread with an answer would need to know.

I do know that there are few Ben Franklin Crafts stores in Honolulu (I think one is close to the Waikiki area) and a store on Hilo (Big Island).

cmpeter
New Kid On the Block
cmpeter
In response to Luvmyfam

There is a Ben Franklin's in Kailua on Oahu. It's not very close to Waikiki though, you would need a car to get there. It's small...I stopped there while visiting my sister in Kailula.

http://www.benfranklinhawaii.com/

Veteran
In response to cmpeter

I hate to mention this, but I don't know if you'll find a lot of good bargains in Hawaii. They have to import everything from the mainland, so in general, everything is more expensive there than anywhere else in the U.S, as items, especially in a niche market like scrapbooking carry their cost + cost of shipping from the mainland+ retailer's take (which is large as to maintain a business in a niche market on that Island you have to tripple or quadruple the price just to survive). I don't know how this will compare to prices in Australia, but I could guess that basically you are running into the same problem in Hawaii you have over there in Australia, which is that you are twice removed from the manufacturer and in a smaller market than a place like mainland USA. But, goodluck! I always like to check out scrapbook shops when I travel because sometimes they have old stock of retired items. Have fun, either way!

Cricutgirlg
Expert
Cricutgirlg
In response to preraphaelitess

I was just on the Big Island last April and there is a scrapbooking store on the other side of the island I stayed at the Fairmont Orchid, but I did not see it in the travel book that I picked up there until my last day. By that time we had already been there and hubby refused to drive back over. But the Big Island has a Walmart and they have a souvenir section and I found tons of scrapbooking supplies for $4.99 and $5.99. I bought tons of stuff. The brand is called Island Heritage and they made several packages of 3D stickers. Really cute stuff. Also look here and some of the on-line stores that specialize in travel I got some great stuff. Good luck I love that Island so much. I can't wait to go back.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Cricutgirlg

Island Scrapbooking is located in Hilo. It is a small store, but they carry a lot of items unique to Hawaii. They have a website and are on Face Book.

On Oahu you can take The Bus most places, so you might be able to get to Kailua that way.

Emma82 
New Kid On the Block
In response to Cricutgirlg

Thanks everyone for those suggestions.

I unfortunately have accepted things won't be as cheap as the mainland but hoping they won't as expensive as they are here. It most circumstances it's cheaper for me to purchase from the states and pay the international postage than buy locally.

Will still be nice to explore new stores

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics