Username Post: What do you do with all your pages about you ex and their family?        (Topic#1597995)
New Kid On the Block

I scrapped a ton of pages about my ex and also his family (nieces and nephews). Did you pull them all out of your albums and pack them away just in case? Did you give those pages to his family? What did you do? I'm at a loss of what to do. I love how quite a few of those pages turned out, but it's a big part of my life that brought so much pain.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to SkyOreo

unless for some reason you want to keep them I would just give them to your ex. mayney a separate album just for them that you could give them??
sorry if I was not much help!
mg

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to SkyOreo

Oh my. You didn't mention if you had children? I would DEFINITLY put those together and keep for them.

New Kid On the Block
In response to CrimsonMama

My daughter is almost 1 year old and he hasn't been a part of our life together, so no photos with him and my daughter, plus with being a single full-time working mom, I haven't found anytime to scrap just yet. Now I'm getting to the point where I will have a few hours here and there and am working to clear out my scrap room and get back to a part of me that brings me joy.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to SkyOreo

One day, when she is MUCH older she will have questions. I would keep the best for her. Pack it away for now. I do genaology research and I have a distant cousin who has never seen a photo of his dad. I didn't have one for him. Just one of his GGF. NOW he is in his 50's and would like to have one. His parents divorced so that is why. So no matter what the circumstaces, she will want it some day.

Edited by CrimsonMama on 08-09-14 06:31 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to CrimsonMama

i would say keep some of them for your daughter that way she can know who her dad was. sorry I can't be any help.

Veteran
In response to southern lady

I left all of mine in because that was my life at the time. If it is too painful for you, maybe you could just keep them Ina a separate album for your daughter. Hope that helps.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to GAKropper

Store them away for now....see what happens in the future with your daughter...time will erase some pain n will also make it easier to part with them!!

***i updated this to say *easier*...which is what i meant before autocorrect mis-corrected me...

Edited by Juansmom on 08-10-14 07:54 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Veteran
In response to SkyOreo

I agree with the other ladies who said keep them for your daughter. I personally don't think I would scrap them, rather just pop them together in an album, and record the names of members of his family and details she may wish to know some day. Then put it away....If she never wants them, so be it, but if she does, I am sure she will appreciate that you recorded and saved the photos and information for her.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to christiscraps61

Oh yes, definitely keep them for your daughter. I made the mistake of doing a scrapbook for one of my granddaughters documenting her engagement, wedding and pregnancy. They had split by the time I finished the album, but I sent it to her anyway, for our d/ggs. I thought someday he would want to know a bit about his parents. It didn't take long to get back to me through the family grapevine that she destroyed all of those pages.

I got a bit of revenge though, because I had all of the layouts in my computer. I went to Mixbook, created a lovely design and had them all made into an album for him. Needless to say, he will get it when he is old enough to understand.

Point being, if there's any chance the ex's family won't appreciate them, keep them!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 08-10-14 07:44 AM
In response to NMscrapper

I guess it depends on how much pain it brings to see the layouts. I've always kept everything I've done and years later, I can look back on the good times and the pain has faded. I agree with others that your child might want them some day.

I'm also wondering, are any of them able to be used as a layout for different pics? Could you remove the pics and journaling blocks and set those aside for your child, use the layout for pics you DO want to look at, and still be able to enjoy the work you've done?

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Vae

good advice from Carol and Vae

Cricutgirlg
Expert
Cricutgirlg
In response to SkyOreo

I scrap all people from my families life as well as mine. Its a part of history. I have scrapped my husband's past girl pictures with him and my siblings' past boyfriends and girlfriends. Everyone is fine with it. They go into a book and I move on to the next photos. But to each their own.

heather375
Tenant
heather375
In response to Cricutgirlg

When I got divorced, I took all my scrapbooks and pics I hadn't yet scrapped yet. After I got remarried I went through the albums and took out all the pages that had my ex in them, along with sorting the loose pics. I gave them all to my ex. He was very excited to have them and his new wife is adding to the boys albums on that side of their family while I continue with our new life on my side.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to heather375

Carol, that is heart-breaking. I'm so sorry.

SkyOreo I would keep the pages you made for the children's sake; your niece, nephew and your daughter. Keep them separate from the others, but don't waste your hard work. Your memories are painful now, but in 15 years time you may feel differently.

I hope you manage to get back into scrapping again. Baby pages are so adorable.

salt-of-the-earth
New Kid On the Block
salt-of-the-earth
In response to RedSquirrel

Go with your gut feeling on what you want to do with these photos.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics