Username Post: how do i use flock?        (Topic#1598007)
mindygail
Expert
mindygail

I got some flocking colors from doodlebug design and they come in little bitty jars in 12 colors so I am excited to use it but I don't know how basically. I mean I don't know if you are supposed to use embossing powder no idk maybey staz on then add flock?? If anyone has ideas I would love to hear them, thanks!!!
mg

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to mindygail

Search youtube for flocking and you'll see instructional videos along with hundreds of great ideas for using it.

BonjourScrap
Expert
BonjourScrap
In response to mindygail

I used flock with a glue pad and acrylic stamp. See the result on this card :

a card with flocking

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to BonjourScrap

There is a really nice feature here, that you can ask a question ON the product page. That way, people who own and use the product can answer whatever questions you have about it there. Hope that helps!

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to tanyaham

Tanya I will try that thanks guys!!
mg

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to mindygail

I've only used it a few times. I bought the FlowerSoft adhesive when I bought my FlowerSoft flocking, but it's not really needed. I've also used Glossy Accents, but any glue/adhesive will work. I sprinkle lots of flocking on, then put a sheet of paper over it and roll it with my brayer...or just scrunch it down with your hand to get it to adhere well. Then shake off the loose flocking and save it for another time. I usually heat set it, but I don't know if it really helps :>) Just don't get too close with the heat gun and burn it.

I've used it for mustaches, hair, flowers and animals. Have fun playing with it. I usually try things and see what works and also search on youtube and the videos on sb.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to mrsdriver5

to add to Mrs.Driver5 ....You can use either kind of ink and then heat set it if you don't like the glue method.

There is a video by inkadoo on here under the video tab. I did a search for flocking to find it. It was a spider and it looked pretty cool!

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to jaxxan

might be good for Halloween I do happen to have orange and black!!!
mg

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics