Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Least favorite chore?        (Topic#1598013)
Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 08-10-14 12:53 PM

What is your least favorite chore related to scrapbooking? I have two... cleaning my stamps, and removing all the little bits of paper off my cutting mat.

Yesterday I was working on a small book and I was doing a ton of stamping. Instead of cleaning each stamp as I go, I just kind of tossed them all into a pile to be cleaned later. Most of them are clear stamps, and I'd say I had about 20 or more, and probably 6 wood mount stamps. I wish I could just toss them all in the dishwasher or something... I really don't like cleaning them.

I also get annoyed at cleaning the little scraps off my cutting mat. I am terrible about leaving them all on there until I need the cutting mat again.

But there are other chores that I don't mind... like cleaning up my scraps to be stored (basically cutting them down to squares and rectangles to be used for something else later), putting away my tools, and things like that.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Vae

mine would be clean all the stuff up in my room. pick up all the stuff up and put it away

Veteran
In response to Vae

Oh I agree 100%. Cleaning the stamps tops the list for me too! I do the same as you, toss them aside and then clean them all in one go. Then replacing them on the right sheet, I usually forget which stamp came off which set, cos I just throw the sets aside as well! Also replacing all the stamp pads....I mostly use little versacubes and cats eye stamps which I keep grouped by colour, so I then have to put them back in their correct colour grouping as I don't put them away as I go either....
The rest of the clean-up doesn't bother me so much....

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to christiscraps61

I have a stamp scrubber that I spray down with cleaner when I start. As I use each stamp, it gets a quick scrub across that and then I don't have to clean later. Saves a ton of time!

Veteran
In response to SherylEb

I have one of those buried in my stash. I had totally forgotten about it.....brilliant idea...I will go and find it and put it somewhere where I can see it and use it!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to SherylEb

Ohhhhhh what's a stamp scrubber? I keep wipes handy but I mostly take them to the sink and wash with dish detergent. I can usually do this when Im in a Walk away from the LO. I did have a ton to clean when I was experimenting designs form my altered albums and making the masks for the stamps.

I really didn't like poking the little Chads pg paper out of dies, but the new Spellbinders tool remedied that.

I hate getting distress ink under my nail and cuticle. I have a scrubbie but it stays under the fingernail for a few days.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-10-14 02:22 PM
In response to CrimsonMama

Taking my stuff out, and putting it all away again. Ah, the 'pleasures' of a small apartment

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to stick

Least favorite scrapbooking chore? Opening the credit card bill.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

You clean your stamps? I do a little bit, but not OCD about it :>) I keep an old Diet Coke bottle filled with distilled water by my craft table. When I stamp, I pour water into a little condiment cup, then use an old toothbrush to brush the water over the used stamp after stamping off all the ink I can, then a quick once-over with the wet toothbrush, dry-stamp and done.

However...putting the stamps away when I'm done. That project I don't care for. I don't put things away when I use them since I often decide to use the same thing, so it's easier to keep everything out until the project is done. Or at least it seems easier while I'm scrapping. I don't feel quite the same about it when I'm done and have a pile of scrap stuff to put away.

I go over my work area with an adhesive lint remover, but putting all the stuff away isn't my idea of fun. But I do like how nice and clean it all looks...right before I mess it all up again :>)

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to gin1902

OK, delete my post. I agree with gin~

Veteran

I don't know how to link an image, but the Superstore has a Technique Tuesday one.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to stick

Cleaning up. Period.

Another thing would be cutting letters out with the Big Shot. Its so easy, but it always seems to take me forever so I usually decide to just use Thickers.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 08-10-14 03:38 PM
In response to AmyWho

ROFL! Yes, I'd like to add gin's answer to my list as well. Well, opening them isn't as bad as paying them. lol

I have 2 stamp scrubbers, but I keep them at the bathroom sink. When I'm done with a project, I take all my stamps in there. The clear ones I usually just wash with soap and water, but the wood mount ones I always use my scrubber pad.

Expert
In response to gin1902

• gin1902 Said:
Least favorite scrapbooking chore? Opening the credit card bill.

This will definitely be me this month! A few too many online shopping orders from here another scrappy site...oh how I miss Archivers! But I was stocking up for an album for a weekend trip to Kansas City (which will also be on the same bill...along with a few dental and medical bills...yuck!)

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Vae

I'm getting lazier and lazier when it comes to cleaning stamps. A lot of times I just stamp off on paper until it's clean.

What I really hate doing is picking up and sorting all those scraps. I am always tempted to just shove it all in the wastebasket when I'm done but I know it's wasteful. I use my scraps a lot so I hang on to it all.

bonprof
Mayor
bonprof

I heard that Tim Holtz never cleaned his stamps, so I never do. Is this bad?

I hate putting paper away. I have 4 cropper hoppers with misc paper in them . It's hard to keep them organized.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to bonprof

I'm with Lisa...I pile up the scraps until i just cant take the disorganization any more and then stuff the littler bits in a ziploc and the larger pieces in the ROYGBIV file. I use my scraps a lot, and i'm the type of person who likes to see my stuff...if i see it i'll use it. Scraps inspire me to create great stuff.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to Juansmom

I really like using paints and mediums in masks. I just hate cleaning all the masks. I really wish they would clean themselves.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to andrea m

Cleaning up after myself! My creative process is extremely messy, I'd love to walk away and return to find it all neat and tidy and everything away, lol.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to chocolateaxel

ok I have to agree partly with vae bc I hate cleaning my stamps but the other thing I hate to do is clean my stencils- all that ink is messy!!!!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics