Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: What have you regretted purging.        (Topic#1598015)
Veteran

Up until now I have never missed anything that I have purged from my stash, but I am now really wishing I had not given away 4 packets of 12x12 plain coloured vellum I had.
I gave it away years ago, after having not used it for years! (I bought it probably 10 years ago).
All the packets were different assorted colours and now I find myself wanting to play with vellum again, and can only
find the normal clear/white colour.
I was bored one day and searched for ideas using vellum on layouts on pinterest and wow!
I am kicking myself for getting rid of it

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-10-14 02:41 PM
In response to christiscraps61

Well, yah, that was kinda stupid. (I say this as I would to my best friend, as I'm someone who loves playing with vellum and can't imagine getting rid of any of it!!)

This site has some really pretty printed vellums, but for plain colors check out arccrafts and papertemptress, I've had great customer service from both.

I can't think of anything I've purged that I really regret ... only things I haven't purchased that I can't find anymore.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 08-10-14 02:50 PM
In response to stick

Purge? What's that? lol j/k. I am a hoarder so I usually don't purge anything unless it really is complete junk. But I have a pack of colored vellum that I got not too long ago. It's pastel colors... I don't think they had regular colors, but it's by Recollections.

Veteran
In response to stick

Yes. Yes it was...
Thanks for the info girls, will check it out!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr

I don't purge very often and when I do I'm totally ready to get rid of it and make room for new. I've never had any regrets so far.

bonprof
Mayor
bonprof

I have not regretted purging anything yet...

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to bonprof

Purge??? Why would I? LOL!! Actually, I've spent a lot of time and money amassing my hoard...there is no way i'd be ready to give or sell anything away. In fact, I'd love to accept some of other peoples purge! Bwahahaha!!!!

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to Juansmom

I hear ya, Chris! Purge? Huh? I have things that were total mistakes that I'm still finding ways to use up. Ugly papers get a swipe of gesso and/or gelatos and, voila, they have a new life, lol! Embellies get torn apart or adorned with Stickles, etc. And flowers? Wow there are so many ways to alter flowers with paint, mist, sequins, and on and on.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to NMscrapper

I've never really purged. I could give up just a few things and not miss them. But I've bought pretty carefully. Ive been given things that I passed on to my niece and MIL I did buy a lot of G45 discontinued ppr at TM where you get 25 sheets for $3.99 and I gave a little bit of that away to my MIL and to ppl looking for something specific. I don't feel a major need to purge......yet. I can only think of one ppr pad collection I which I hadn't purchased. Maybe I will luck out someone will want it and I can pass it on.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to CrimsonMama

I sold my QuicKutz for pennies and wish I had it back. Why? I don't know - I hardly ever used it, I have 3 Cricuts and a Big Shot - but it was MINE, and I want it BACK!

heather375
Tenant
heather375
In response to dwelch

purge!? I can't get rid of anything! My sister-in-law commented about coming over and scrapping with me, which I would love, however she doesn't have her own supplies, and as much as I love my family....I'm not good at sharing! I have all boys and have a lot of girly papers. I have put all the pink girl stuff back in a storage tote....someday I may have granddaughters, you never know!! (my boys are only 11 and 15! lol)

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to heather375

I thought about this topic last night, and since i have a cameo now, and was browsing some die cut designs for it, i realized that if i'd gotten one earlier, i prob would never have gotten the cuttlebug...i have some letter dies, and stars or scallop shapes...but i dont use the dozen or so embossing folders. I could have done without the cuttlebug n trappings and spent the $$ earlier on a cameo and made all the same letters n shapes. But...I will NEVER let the bug go...i love it also...

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Juansmom

and i suppose the same might hold true for all my punches, even the border punches and the CM border system and carts i have been expensively/extensively collecting...

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to Juansmom

I got rid of the original Red Sizzix machine and a butt load of dies when I got my Cricut thinking Id never need it again.

So, so sad.

But nothing else. In fact I just donated a huge mix of stamps papers and such to my sister for a Girl Scout yard sale next month and don't regret it at all!!!!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to ScrappyMama6

Oh I will never get rid of my dies. Love them! Even if I get an electronic cutter. I've thought about a Cameo, but now I've about talked myself out of it.

Veteran
In response to CrimsonMama

Carol, I really admire your resolve to re-invent old stash, I feel that would take a bit more creativity than I possess!
Although I am very taken with the idea of gesso over old papers...I will try that.
Heather, I too am hanging onto pretty stuff for that granddaughter I hope to have in the next year or so...
I also keep old stickers, some papers and embellishments that I think future grandkids will enjoy creating with....

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

Embossing would be enough reason to not get rid of the CB or Big Shot if you have a cricut or cameo.

Thought about getting rid of my cricut now that I have a cameo, but don't think I can just for the "what ifs"

Tenant
In response to SherylEb

I have a Cricut but my Big Shot and dies aren't going anywhere.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Artistic Scrapper

Ditto Sheryl. I've thought about getting rid of my Cricut, but I actually like the cuts I get with it and what if the cameo would quit working? So, I keep two space hogs. Someday I might give the cricut to my teacher-daughter if she'd use it for her school kids. For now, it's mine and she can use it :>)

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 08-11-14 07:40 PM
In response to mrsdriver5

I still have my cricut too. It's upstairs in the attic and all my carts are in a box in the Lab. I just can't bring myself to part with it even though I haven't used it a single time since I got my cameo.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics