Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: what is the 1 tool        (Topic#1598035)
mindygail
Expert
mindygail

that you are surprised you don't own yet??
For me I guess it would be oh let me think...I know!!! cutter bee scissors!!next>?

Tenant
In response to mindygail

The Cameo. I've been tempted a few times when they've been on sale, but just can't justify the purchase. Not yet, anyway.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to Artistic Scrapper

That bow making thing. So many times, I want to put a bow on something but I'm horrible at making them!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-11-14 07:19 PM
In response to AmyWho

LOL, Amy!

Great topic! For me ... I'm pretty good at supplying myself with what I need and want. But...

One thing I really want is great, non-stick detail scissors. But I'm left-handed and they apparently don't exist. "Ambidextrous" scissors are not the same, the geometry is exactly the opposite, and any left-handed person who thinks the ambi ones are okay is just fooling themselves. I can do a whole song-and-dance presentation to make my point, but you'd be even more bored than you are right now reading this paragraph, lol.

Also a really great paper trimmer, but I think the expense of that has so far out-weighed the benefits. So I live with an okay one.

Resident
In response to mindygail

I just got back from buying the one tool I have been hankering after for a while...a Tim Holtz Distress Marker Spritzer....can't wait to have a play with it...
On the flip side, all my scrappy friends over the years have been surprised that I don't own any die cutting system, be it manual or electronic. Just never wanted one, I guess I'm a bit weird!

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to christiscraps61

I wouldn't mind getting those scissors for fussy cutting. I've seen people do amazing things.....

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to bonprof

Ranger's craft sheet. Every time I see someone using it in a video I tell myself I need one. They make clean up look so much easier. It's on my wish list for sure but something always seems to trump it.

Resident
In response to olleharr

The Cuttlebug or Sizzix.

I want to be able to emboss, but I have a Cameo, so I just won't let myself buy a machine just to emboss.

I have the Fiskar texture plates and the little embossing tool. I don't know how that was released as a product. It is a major pain to use.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to GlitterNGlue

Hm...wanted a Silhouette Cameo for the longest time, my friends and family just got me one for my birthday...so that's off my want list...now i want the TIME to play with it!!!
I wanted the four or five CM Border system cartridges that i *dont* own, but just realized i can create something alike enough with the cameo that they are off the want list too.
Time...i just want time to create and play...

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to Juansmom

great responses!!! btw Christi your not weird!!
I also have been wanting a ranger kraft mat I feel the same way I keep telling myself to get one but never find a way to get it!!!
Amywho: go get that bow making thing !!!(you deserve it )
mg

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to mindygail

ps- what bow making thing are you reffering to ?? do you know the name of it??

southgirl
Veteran
southgirl
In response to mindygail

I am a toolie. If it comes out I merely HAVE to have it. I love the tool that cleans out bits of paper from your die. ToolNOne, it really works great. I bought the craft mat and Meh! It just seems too much problem to move it when I want to cut. I just bought a ceramic exacto like knife (found in the yarn section of Michaels) and just need to play a bit with it. I like the idea of never having to change the blades. We'll see.

I have been playing around with the idea of a Scan N Cut. Maybe that is my next tool?

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to southgirl

Mindy, this: http://store.scrapbook.com/pp-zu-7625.html?w=bow+it+all... Sorry, I couldn't find the link button on the product page.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to AmyWho

Some of you mentioned fussy cutting scissors. All you really need is a pair of cuticle scissors or small embroidery scissors. I think they work a lot better than the thick craft scissors with small points at the tip, because you can see what you're doing without something getting in the way. Also, unless you're cutting a straight edge, a curved tip is really very useful.

As for tools, I have quite a few (mostly small items) that I couldn't resist buying, but I'm still waiting for the occasion to make use of them.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to AmyWho

• AmyWho Said:
Mindy, this: http://store.scrapbook.com/pp-zu-7625.html?w=bow+it+all... Sorry, I couldn't find the link button on the product page.

I got one of these last time they were on sale here. Haven't tried it out yet though. I was thinking of bows for cemetery flowers and big bows for wreaths and presents. I'm ok with a little bow, but a big "cool" bow, I'm terrible!

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to SherylEb

Lisa and mindygail~me too! I think I've had the craft sheet in my wish list for years! It just never quite makes it over into my cart.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to gin1902

Some of you won't be surprised, but I can't really think of anything. If I want something, my brainwaves are just so strong that it jumps right into my cart and finds its way into my stash. Now if the question were what do I have that I haven't yet used...I'd have a pretty long list :>)

I have a bow maker and I didn't realize that they still don't help a person who is all thumbs. Someday I'll get ambitious and try again, but so far I've pretty much failed. But don't let that stop any of you from buying it...I'm just a klutz.

And I love my craft sheet! I just bought two more when they were on a good J's sale, because it's true...they do have to be moved when you go to use an exacto knife :>( My current one is held together with lots of tape~ Mindy, they are great to use with the melting pot.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:

I have a bow maker and I didn't realize that they still don't help a person who is all thumbs. Someday I'll get ambitious and try again, but so far I've pretty much failed. But don't let that stop any of you from buying it...I'm just a klutz.

Uh oh! I am very likely to have the same trouble lol. Thanks for the warning.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to AmyWho

amywho- thanks for the link!!!!

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman
In response to mindygail

i can't decide if I want an embossing machine or not. Sometimes I do and then I think I really won't use it that much. I don't do cards at all so I really don't think I would use it on my scrapbook pages. That is how I talk myself out of it every time.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics