Username Post: Heart-broken......        (Topic#1598049)
New Kid On the Block

I have just found out that my husband has been cheating on me for at least three years..... How do I survive this??? I am taking the Get Organized class, but it feels so meaningless to scrapbook now. I have no memories to preserve any more.....

northcarmen
Veteran
northcarmen
In response to Scrapprinsessan

Very sorry to hear this.

JoRosie
Expert
JoRosie
In response to northcarmen

Heartbreaking! Maybe use scrapping as therapy, start with nature, its very healing.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to JoRosie

I understand what your going through...although I've not experienced exactly what you have, I have experienced some trauma in my life that made me not want to scrapbook for about 9 months.
The best thing to do is just take a break.
Don't get rid of your stuff.
I know you don't think so but there will be happy times in your life again... unfortunately life is like that - "highs and lows".
Right now you are at your "low" and the best thing to do is just concentrate on taking care of yourself.
Again, I know you don't feel like it right now, but the truth is, this too shall pass.
I had an issue that pulled at me for 3 years...
I still scrapped because at the time I needed it for a "release" but when my "issue" finally came to a point where it got so bad I could barely get out of bed and function in the real world so I stopped scrapping and doing anything that caused me to exert energy I knew I didn't have.
My goal during that time was just to make it through the day. Eventually I got stronger. It took a while but I did it. And now my life is good...
Not to downplay your feelings, just trying to help you to be hopeful to a future where you will be "okay" and possibly even "happy" again!

Take care of yourself!
At this time, you need to be selfish!

Edited by Doreena on 08-13-14 07:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 08-13-14 05:03 PM
In response to Doreena

Scrap about you... how you are feeling, what you are experiencing... make a special art journal that conveys all you are experiencing right now.

Like Doreena says this will eventually get better but right now let yourself feel what you feel.

There is real benefit to scrapping/journaling through this, it helps you get perspective and move on.

Believe me, many of us have been through this sort of thing, I for one. And many more hurtful things that make us feel that what has come before will be forever tainted/ruined. Trust me, even if it takes a very long time it will get better.
Don't be hard on yourself and do keep sharing.

New Kid On the Block
In response to GMFTS

Now it is almost four weeks since my world collapsed. I have been in chock, I have cried, I have been screaming so my throat got soared..... There have been days when I haven't had any words at all.

Thank you so much for your sympathy, it mattered a lot to me. I have started counselling both in church and in my community, my husband have started counselling too and he is also going to a 12-steps group. And we go together to family counselling.

Today is the first day I feel that I actually may get through this, I don't beg God to let me die any more. There is hope...

Thank you so much for caring.

northcarmen
Veteran
northcarmen
In response to Scrapprinsessan

I am very glad to hear you and your husband are pursuing counselling, on your own and together. Best wishes to you.

Carmen.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics