Username Post: Quickutz dies tell me why        (Topic#1598053)
creater1
Diva
creater1

I shouldn't sell them. I have lots and lots of them. Most have never been used. More of a collection or must have at the time.

I started slow by selling my 4 x 4 dies at first I couldn't bare parting with them and then suddenly I couldn't stand not seeing them get used. I have not missed them but then after collecting years of 2 x 2 and most of the retired I worry that I might be sorry.

Tell me your experiences if you sold or saved them.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to creater1

I feel like as humans we see something, want n use it, then put it aside for something newer, better,... but tools,...well, tools you will always need & use, trends change n come back around, I'd put them aside n not sell, but challenge myself to use them on a project every once in a while.

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to Juansmom

Well - they are still well sought after and you can use them in all types of machines now not just the quickutz......

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 08-13-14 04:58 PM
In response to GwynnAsbury

I'm with Christine - keep 'em and challenge yourself to use them.

One thing I do is keep my machine set up readily accessible and then I keep a lot of alpha sets handy so I use them a lot. I have to remind myself to use some of the other dies from time to time but it seems that when I am really stuck for an embellishment idea I usually have a die I can use.

I didn't buy a lot of the 2X2s because at that point my scrap funds were much more limited and I concentrated on getting dies that would get more use- alphas, frames, generic items like flourishes.

If you find that you have some dies you have limited use for maybe sell those - pare down your stash and then feel not so overwhelmed by what you have.

Good luck..

Hey - why not start a challenge here for los/cards using die cuts from any of the die companies?

I would love that - really get me to use mine too!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-13-14 05:27 PM
In response to GMFTS

I don't think of any dies as a "collection" to keep or get rid of in entirety. I buy and keep dies because I like what they produce. I have dies from a LOT of different brands, and they come in a lot of different formats.

Go through them and think about the images themselves. Be brutally honest with yourself. Get rid of anything you don't like. Keep dies with images you love. Have a serious discussion with yourself about anything you're on the fence with. LOVE Mary's suggestion to challenge yourself to use them.

... And feel free to PM me with a list of anything you want to sell, lol

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to stick

Great advice everyone.

Stick I would not have this unbelievable stock of dies if I could just do what you recommend. I can't make decisions like that all or nothing here. LOL!!!

Maybe I will get the urge to keep or sell. I was shocked one day I just was detached to all the 4 x 4 and many of the set like Special Delivery, entire Santa's Workshop and so many more.

Maybe it will hit me to part with them just like the others.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics