Username Post: Putting together die cuts        (Topic#1598075)
New Kid On the Block

This is my first ever scrapbook that I'm putting together for my friends and I. I just bought the die cut of the word Nashville. How do I put it together? It has a thin fragile border that outlines the word Nashville. I'm finding suggestions that say use a glue stick but that doesn't seem like a good idea? Any other ideas or is that what needs to be done?

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 08-14-14 05:10 PM
In response to bluegangster87

I've found that when I have really thin pieces like that, spray adhesive works best for me. Glue sticks are hard to manage and get all over the whole thing before the first part is already dry.

thelightupnorth
Tenant
thelightupnorth
In response to Vae

I usually use Tombow Mono liquid glue... It's not too wet a liquid glue, if that makes sense, so there's never any problem with warping... The bottle has a pen tip, but you can also dot some on with a stylus or toothpick...

There are also glue pens/markers, like this one... http://store.scrapbook.com/jv-38480.html?w=glue+pen

Edited by thelightupnorth on 08-14-14 10:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to thelightupnorth

I have a Zig 2-way glue pen.

But I watched a friend glueing delicate stuff at a crop last month. She painted liquid glue with a brush onto the back of her hand, then dabbed the die-cut onto the glue on her hand using the little finger and thumb of her other hand. It covered without getting stuck to her hand, and then she had all the rest of her fingers clean to stick it down. Genius!

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Tweezers help...a lot! As well as all the above tips...and I love the glue on the hand so morning else gets messy...it sounds so...Picasso-like!!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 08-25-14 08:35 PM

Rosey, that is a great idea with the glue on the back of the hand! I am going to have to try that next time!

paperkrafter4life
Tenant
paperkrafter4life
In response to Vae

I use a zig two way glue pen. works on very tiny delicate cuts.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to paperkrafter4life

A little liquid glue (I use Tombow Mono) on your fingertip and then just lightly dab over the back of the thin die cut. I do that for the really intricate dies and it works great.

lynnscraps
New Kid On the Block
lynnscraps
In response to olleharr

Here is tip I use when gluing more than one item. Take an old magazine, lay your die cut face down and apply glue. To keep the glue residual from transferring to the face of your next item, just turn to the next clean page each time you glue. When finished with all the used pages, just pitch the magazine. It keeps the excess glue off my table and mat. Especially useful with my three granddaughters, although some of my friends are worse than the dgds! So simple, but it works like a charm. I even keep a "glue magazine" in my rolling cart to use at crops.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to lynnscraps

I have a glue magazine in my craft room too.

mikrmouse
Tenant
mikrmouse

I use the Xyron sticker makers. I have the 1.5 inch one and also the 5 inch. I have a circut and it makes it easy to get the die cuts glued down. I love that it is fast and simple.

Scrapjanny
Resident
Scrapjanny
In response to mikrmouse

I use a glue marker or pen and just dab it onto the back of my delicate die cuts. I find this works better than the Xyron for these types of cuts. The Xyron sometimes mangles the delicate ones, or it leaves sticky globs in the open spaces. (I've tried all the tricks for the Xyron, but they don't work.)

nanalovesyou
Diva
nanalovesyou
In response to lynnscraps

What a wonderful idea! Very ingenious, by using a magazine as a mat for when you are gluing, turn the page then it is clean for your next "glue" job! Thanks!

Edited by nanalovesyou on 12-13-14 05:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics