Username Post: Is it christmas ...YET??        (Topic#1598103)
mindygail
Expert
mindygail

OK, just deleted my entire post hate that!!! here I go again ....
1.MOM- alter a birdhouse and matching card
2. DAD-- idk
3. the rest- bezels filled with utee and maybey snowflakes on suede necklaces. and matching cards.
ok, so I need man ideas if anyone has a clue please fill me in .
NEXT???
whos next I have sugar plums dancing in my head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( ok no)
mg

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to mindygail

not me...still grabbing onto summer...

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to Juansmom

I did some of my Christmas gifts that I made. I just have a hard time with Christmas cards

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to southern lady

Just ordered a die for my Christmas cards this year. Thinking ahead for a change.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to olleharr

COOL!!! Do you realize I actually have...
CODY- 5 Summers left
Kaili- 9 Summers left

Before they leave the house (nest)

OMG * OMG* OMG*-
I LOVE MY KIDS!!!!
miss them!
They went to six 6 FLags with their aunt and uncle today

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to mindygail

How d you know they'll leave that soon? They might be under your feet for years after that!

I made most of this year's Christmas cards just after last Christmas, while the decorations were still up and I was still in the festive mood. So that's it, I'm not doing any more Christmas for months yet. I'm in denial. Two years of Christmas in July in Australia and I'm finished with tinsel in the summer.

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to RedSquirrel

I done my Christmas gifts I made everyone there gifts.

southgirl
Veteran
southgirl
In response to southern lady

I usually start making crafts early but depression set in.

1.Making greeting cards from Elizabeth Crafts/Karen Burniston's dies for 6 people (5 to 6? cards each) and maybe if time lets me decorating the boxes. Cross your fingers that I follow thru.
2. Recovered an art journal (blue glittery paper and a cat from Cindy Loo Cartridge) for my BFF who is 11 who I want to encourage her art.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to southgirl

awww southgirl I am sooo sorry you are feeling down. I will put you on my prayer list right now. I used to be very depressed then jesus and a great book called Getting Your Life Back (from depression) set me free from it now I am happy and healty and you can be too!!!I know exactly what you mean about your bff being 11 see my bf bff has a gf named tiffany and she is nice and pretty. She is coming over today to scrap with me - I never get company maybey 4 visitors per year and that is mainely bf family and my mom. she (tiffany) has a daughter who is getting into art and crafts. SOO I am donating a med size box of paper, stamps, glitter glue two nice little albums I like but don't use and a drawer thigy!!!
Hope she likes them I also made her a red art journal and a purple on I love and may give to her!
whew!!!
Full circle- my bff is 9 (my daughet Kaili _(Kay-lee)
mg
ps- I hope and pray you will get beyond the depression.

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to mindygail

well I am start on my Christmas cards. later on will take a family pic to put in the card.
I finish my Christmas gifts for my mom sister and grandma aunt. I made them little recipe books.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to mindygail

• mindygail Said:
COOL!!! Do you realize I actually have...
CODY- 5 Summers left
Kaili- 9 Summers left

Before they leave the house (nest)

Unless you're as lucky as I am and get to hang on to them through college. My daughter is 22, attended a local private university for four years and now is working on her masters degree. I get her for two more years and am enjoying every minute I tell you. Her dad and I joke with her all the time about how we're going to have to be the ones to move first.

Resident

I'm sure Christmas in Australia was quite different for you Rosey, there is just something about tinsel and snowmen etc in the middle of a stinking hot summer that doesn't make sense.
My biggest wish/dream is to spend Christmas somewhere where it is cold and snowing one year, that would be lovely to me!
I have zero motivation to start Christmas cards yet, every year I say I will start earlier, but never do!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to christiscraps61

Christmas in summer wasn't the problem for me Christi, as I'd lived in Singapore for 5 years before. I was used to that. The part that caught me out psychologically was the winter without Christmas. It was so empty. Even though WA's winter was drier and not much colder than UK's summer can be!

mindygail
Expert
mindygail

hmmm I would adore to be able to go to Colorado or nm for the winter or xmas I mean d o nOT get me wrong I LOVE my family and would haved to share it with them but yeah Christi I agree cold and snow would be amazing!!!! good luck I live in North texas- ugh!!!!!!!
I highly recommend all of you and yes red especially you sweetie start working in a month or so a special sweet Christmas planner last year I used one from some site was very helpful this year I am doing my own -- getting excited afterall I am a Christ mas baby- 12/24/72
mg
fa la la la

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to mindygail

olehart- u are blessed and yes lucky!!! I would love for my kids to live with me!!!
mg

Resident

Wow, yes...I could see how that would be the case Rosey, I didn't think of it from that angle!
I will get motivated soon Mindy, just had a lot on my plate lately....
So, is it cold in north Texas at Christmas time?

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to christiscraps61

I live in Colorado and we rarely have snow for Christmas. We live right in the foothills. Now if you show up for April and May, we've got snow!

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to 950nancy

i see I rarely see snow in any part of texas!! We did however for I think two consecutive years around the holidays have snow though a little bit I remember I was with my bf , and out two kids driving out to visit my Mom and stepdad for my birthday(x-mas eve) and for Christmas and it started snowing and we had just put on white Christmas song on the radio omg it was soooo COOL or cold!!!
picture perfect.
anyways hope we all find a way to become in that special Christmas mood btw I had an aweseome idea; give for thanksgiving 5 planners to my
bf (his mom) soon to be mil
his sister (my kids aunts)

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics