Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: When I'm mad at my DH/BF I.....        (Topic#1598117)
ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

Let's play a game......

You know the old story about sticking someone's toothbrush in the toilet when you're mad at them.....

What harmless (or not) thing do you do/have you done to your DH/BF when you're good and mad at him?

Its okay to admit to being *itchy now and then, having a momentary lapse of good judgement...we promise not to tell!!

So? What do you do? I'll start.

When I'm mad at my BF I use his body puff to scrub the tub.

For the EXDH, we had a horrible argument over hunting and I poured King Syrup down the barrel of his favorite gun. (I was considerably younger and had a flaring temper....)

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to ScrappyMama6

That's not my style...
I just curse him out in my head! LOL

Cuz regardless of how angry he's made me I still love him bunches! Plus I live by "don't do to someone what you wouldn't want done to you".

I'm okay if he curses me out in his head as well! We all deserve it sometimes!

Veteran
In response to Doreena

The body puff comment made me literally LOL!!

When I am made at my DH, I tend to ignore him completely.

Kaylann
Diva
Kaylann
In response to 1scrappymom

This silent treatment reminds me of something...a couple years ago we were at a wedding and a couple days later at the dinner table we were discussing how the preacher was telling the couple that giving each other the silent treatment is not a good idea. They should talk about what is bothering them. A little boy that was present was listening pretty intently and after a while he said, "My mom and dad do it ALL the time!" We had a good laugh.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to Kaylann

I found it interesting that 145 have viewed this post but so few have commented...

sassiescrapper
Pro
sassiescrapper
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
That's not my style...
I just curse him out in my head! LOL

Cuz regardless of how angry he's made me I still love him bunches! Plus I live by "don't do to someone what you wouldn't want done to you".

I'm okay if he curses me out in his head as well! We all deserve it sometimes!

This is me. Or I just walk away until I've cooled down.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to sassiescrapper

Oh I wish I had something funny to reply to this thread, because I like a laugh, and I like to make the punishment fit the crime.

But we're not like that either. I think the worst I've done when we got into an argument over what to have for dinner (for goodness sake! ) was to go out and leave him to make his own.

My Mum told me once about how my Dad made comments about her ironing everything, and that upset her. Next time she did the washing (no tumble-dryer), she scrunched his cotton under-shorts up into balls to dry slowly, so they were all hard and creased and uncomfortable. He got the message.

elizabeth_C
Veteran
elizabeth_C
In response to RedSquirrel UK

I'm not married nor involved so I don't have to worry about these things. *whew*

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to elizabeth_C

I'm with Rosie. I WISH I had a good story.
I don't.

On that rare occasion of marital discontent... I usually do the passive/aggressive stuff and quietly stew.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 08-20-14 06:23 PM
In response to Bxr-Linda

LOL this is hilarious. Hmm... something I would admit to in writing...

I know I have some good stories for this, I just can't think of any right now.

One thing I can think of (sorry, it's not entertaining) is that I won't wash his clothes. Laundry is my job and I do it every weekend, but if we get into a fight, I only wash my stuff. He has certain shirts he has to wear to work on some days and he doesn't have enough, so if I don't wash them, he has to get them out of the dirty clothes pile and iron them. And of course, he never realizes it till the morning he has to wear it, so I hear him grumbling/cussing about it as he's rushing around trying to get ready. I always laugh and think "well that's what you get for being a meanie head".

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to Vae

Lol Vae.....I shut down on the nice-ities around the house too. Doing his laundry, buying his favorite snacks, and the million other little things no one but the wife/GF does or notices that needs done.

I also do a fabulous silent treatment!

What I've learned is, that you are all nicer than I am apparently!

Cloverlady
Queen
Cloverlady

If truly angry then the silent treatment but not into paying petty pranks or doing anything mean behind his back. I am pretty what you see is what you get and if I am angry you will know, no playing games I hate that.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Cloverlady

• Cloverlady Said:
If truly angry then the silent treatment but not into paying petty pranks or doing anything mean behind his back. I am pretty what you see is what you get and if I am angry you will know, no playing games I hate that.

This!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 08-21-14 11:59 AM
In response to Doreena

Oh, when I'm mad, he definitely knows it and knows exactly why. We don't play guessing games or any of that. I've never been able to do the silent treatment... I figure that's more of a reward for him. Nope, when there's something wrong, we have to talk it out, yell it out, or whatever. But he can never complain about not knowing what he did.

It's only when he decides that he doesn't feel like owning up to it or doing anything to fix it that I resort to not doing his laundry and things like that. That is also usually when we are arguing about who does more around the house... I don't mind letting him "realize" how much I do by not doing it for a bit.

Veteran

I guess I am a bit boring, I don't have a good story to tell.
In 20 years, a couple of "yell it out" stories, but no matter how angry I am I could never do anything mean or spiteful to my hubby. Like Vae though, I won't give him the silent treatment, because he'd like that plus I tend to keep talking until I am sure he understands my position....he doesn't have to agree, just understand.
Anyhow, I think the worst I have ever done was throw an ex-boyfriends stuff over a first floor balcony, everything went over, even breakables! Without going into details, he deserved it, and I was young and hot tempered and very hurt! I may have also let his car tyres down ......

OntarioSue
New Kid On the Block
OntarioSue

I try not to play games, either, but after a good yelling match, I go off by myself and in my head, I'm packing all my stuff, clearing out the joint bank accounts, gathering my books and scrapbooking items and going to live somewhere far away BY MYSELF! Then, he will eventually come and say to me "Can we be friends again?" and it's over.
I guess it's working - 27 years later, we're still friends ... most of the time.

OntarioSue
New Kid On the Block
OntarioSue

I try not to play games, either, but after a good yelling match, I go off by myself and in my head, I'm packing all my stuff, clearing out the joint bank accounts, gathering my books and scrapbooking items and going to live somewhere far away BY MYSELF! Then, he will eventually come and say to me "Can we be friends again?" and it's over.
I guess it's working - 27 years later, we're still friends ... most of the time.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to OntarioSue

No good stories here either.

SarahEdens
Pro
SarahEdens
In response to Henri Jean

Ok, as sappy as this sounds.. we've been married 11 yrs.. we dont fight/argue, etc..

I spent so many times missing him when he was in iraq and afghanistan.. i dont spend any of our life now being mad at him.. I know i know sappy sappy

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to SarahEdens

• SarahEdens Said:
Ok, as sappy as this sounds.. we've been married 11 yrs.. we dont fight/argue, etc..

I spent so many times missing him when he was in iraq and afghanistan.. i dont spend any of our life now being mad at him.. I know i know sappy sappy

Not sappy at all! That's great!
My hubby and I used to fight, not a lot, but enough.
Then we went through some "things" in our marriage and we don't fight much at all anymore.
Funny thing...last time we fought I just decided to let him have his space instead of nagging him (not my usual M.O.). I slept in our bed and he slept on the couch (his choice). But the next morning he came in and laid down next to me and gave me a huge hug and kiss and told me... "I don't like it when we fight any more". The old him (us) would have never ended a fight like that... it would have dragged on a few days at least...
As much as I hate the hard times we went through, I realize that it made us stronger as a couple and THAT is a good thing!
So embrace your "no-drama" life... I know I do!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics