Page 1 of 10 
Username Post: I feel a binge coming on        (Topic#1598197)
bonprof
Governor
bonprof

In the last 3 months, Ive spent virtually nothing on supplies. I've been using my stash and using my stash!! My wish-list is longer than the Amazon River!! And..,so many new products are coming out!! Something must be done! Anyone else?

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to bonprof

Why don't you come sit by me on this very comfortable couch and tell me all about it? I'll hold your hand and nod understandingly while I talk you into buying a few things regularly to satiate the shopping craving. I know how to solve this problem for you...You can trust me. It's all going to be alright. Cookie?

Expert
In response to gin1902

I wish I could say the same...I've been on a buying spree lately getting ready for two big albums (4th of July/Family Reunion and family weekend trip to KC). I was doing really well with no Archivers to shop at and two boys home during the summer, but then I started stocking up for those albums with some online shopping and a couple of trips to my LSS (one was even with my boys, but I let them pick out papers to do some pages with the multiple pictures they took in KC). Between scrapbooking, dental bills (stupid unexpected root canal and crown), vacation expenses, and a medical bill my credit card was way high this last month!

bonprof
Governor
bonprof
In response to gin1902

Oh Gin!!
How did I know that you would be the first to comment on this thread??!!?!!! Lol!
Yes, I will lay on the couch and eat the cookies and you can tell me ALL about it. I surrender!! Lol!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to bonprof

I've been good but I've got a cart full of stuff and almost ready to hit the send. I don't know why I always wait to hit the send button but I guess I feel like I'll save more on shipping if I let it accumulate - or that a free shipping day will come along!

Soon I'll be on the couch with you!

bonprof
Governor
bonprof
In response to Henri Jean

Hi Henri!! So good to have you here. Just like old times!

bonprof
Governor
bonprof
In response to HuskerMom98

Welcome HuskerMom!
Your albums sound awesome!

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to bonprof

HuskerMom98~that's just wrong having to spend perfectly good craft money on medical bills.

Hit SEND, Henri. Hit SEND! That's what that button is there for!

Wow, that was quick, Donna. One cookie, a comfortable couch and a few encouraging words, and you're off to dump every wish list you've got into your cart and I bet you and Henri can mash the buy button at the same time!

I splurged a little while back on ALL of the G45 Eerie Tale. All of it~doubles of everything and triples of the stuff I *really* liked. Okay, there were a few papers I *might* have gotten 8 of, but only a few. Oh, alright, most.....

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to bonprof

I've been home bound for the last couple months healing so I've had way too much time to browse and shop online lately. I have to say though, a box of goodies at the door does lift the ol' spirits a lot.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 08-24-14 04:16 PM
In response to olleharr

What's sad is that I feel like I've been being REALLY good lately. I mean, there have been SO many things I've resisted buying. But when I go look at my credit card online, the evidence is there. I'm spending less than normal but still... how did I really just spend $50 when EVERYTHING was on sale and it all fit inside one small bag??

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

Frustrating to spend so much and walk out with so little. Especially when it was on sale! $50 should fill the trunk but I guess those days are long gone.

Gin, I keep looking at the Cricut Encore and I know I need to wait on that one. I'm 90% sold but not 100% sold.

I have an order - almost $300 ready to order and I'm waiting for free shipping. Mostly papers and diecuts.

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to Henri Jean

LOL~I was going to tell you to just hold your nose and jump on that last 10% Henri, but then I got thinking about all the stuff I'm *almost but not quite* ready to get!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to gin1902

Glad you understand. I have bought a lot over the years that I wish I had thought a bit more about first. I have a bad tendency to go overboard!

bonprof
Governor
bonprof
In response to olleharr

Lisa,
Did you have surgery?

I sure hope you are feeling good now!!

bonprof
Governor
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Everyone have a great night. Stay tuned for more adventures on, "I feel a binge coming on".

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to bonprof

Been fighting off a bad staph infection in my foot Donna. Starting to feel better, thanks.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to olleharr

Lisa. I hope it heals soon. Chronic infections really drag you down, don't they?

Welcome back Henri, and thank you Donna for starting a new shopping thread.

Gin

Can I still join in on this even though I'm desperately trying to scrap rather than spend? I've bought quite a lot recently, mainly clearance and gifts for other people. But now I want to stay in and use all my goodies. I have an almost-finished LO sitting on my desk for nearly a week now. I began it for a challenge that had a deadline of midnight last night, and didn't get it done. Isn't that sickening? Now the deadline is past and I'm fed up with seeing it sitting there on the desk. Pfft.

bonprof
Governor
bonprof
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Good morning everyone!

Lisa, glad you are doing better.

Rosie, the more,the merrier!! Lol.
Today is the first day of school where I teach! Wish me luck!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to bonprof

So last week, I used my sb.com birthday coupon to get some of the Tim Holtz vellum embellishments and one of the small Configurations books. I had some ideas to do the Configurations book with a book/reading theme.

Then it arrived and I petted it and got like 3 more ideas for it, and J's had them on sale but their online inventory for in-store items is junk, so, uh, I've got three more on order (two mini and a full-size) and I can't wait for them to get here so I can play!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to aquabunny

The TH vellum is just beautiful, isn't it aquabunny? Jealous! Is costs an arm and a leg here so I'll keep admiring everyone else's I think.

Good luck at school Donna! How long have you been teaching? Are you used to the first days of the year yet, or do they never stop being challenging?

Henri, did you buy any scrappy stuff on your travels? Anything that you can't get in the States?

Page 1 of 10 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics