Username Post: AC Moore has turned into an outlet store.        (Topic#1598213)
Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire

I was wondering why I hadn't gotten any coupons from AC Moore this week. I stopped in yesterday and there was a big sign on the door saying the store is now an outlet and everything in the store is 40% off.

There are no more coupons, no teacher discounts, and all sales are final. They are still using rewards cards and will accept rewards certificates.

I had a $10 certificate which I used.

I'm wondering if all the AC Moore stores turned into outlets, or just this one.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 08-26-14 09:08 AM
In response to Solitaire

Interesting. I don't think we have them where I live but I've been there while I was traveling.

Michelle StClair
Guru
Michelle StClair
In response to Vae

Not here in Apex, NC. Still a regular store and I still receive coupons.

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane
In response to Michelle StClair

Still a store here in Knoxville, TN. I swear though they have had the same 12x12 single papers for over a year now (lol)!!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to OnlyJane

• OnlyJane Said:
I swear though they have had the same 12x12 single papers for over a year now (lol)!!

Lucky, I really value the ability to find paper I like long after its launch - I don't follow everything the moment it comes out, or don't immediately have need for it (and later an event or something happens that would make it useful), so slow stock rotation really doesn't bother me at all, it means I can still find what I like without having to dig around online.

(One time, Little Yellow Bicycle launched a fabulous travel line, but I didn't even know about it until 6 months later, by which time the collection item I wanted most was out of stock everywhere, and I only got my hands on it out of the goodness of one of their design team member's heart when I posted on the company Facebook page about being unable to find the item.)

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to aquabunny

If the AC Moore in my neighborhood is the only outlet store, then does it mean that all the overstock from other stores will end up here? And that they won't be getting any new stuff? And once the items they used to have here are gone, they won't be getting any more of them?

I liked it better as a regular store.

ashley.calder
Resident
ashley.calder
In response to Solitaire

That's too bad. The only AC Moore near me closed several months ago.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to ashley.calder

Oooh I have to find out if the one near me is now an outlet too. Thanks for sharing!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Crafting Marfa

Hi Marfa! Missed you around here!

Scrapjanny
Resident
Scrapjanny
In response to RedSquirrel

The ones I usually go to are still A.C. Moore stores. I have heard about some becoming outlet stores, though, so I guess it depends on the store. Maybe they are closing some?

Memories4Ever
Idol
Memories4Ever
In response to Scrapjanny

I still get my ACMoore coupons and as of a week ago, the store is still the same. I rarely go there anymore since they don't really have anything new. I have been going to Joann's more and using lots of coupons there. They have been having great sales and I love some of the new things they have.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to Memories4Ever

As far as I know, the only AC Moore stores that became outlets are the ones in Queens and Staten Island.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Solitaire

the one in Manchester, NH is also an outlet store now. As far as I know, the ones in Nashua and Salem NH are regular stores.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to moxiegirl23

It looks like 9 of the AC Moore stores have become outlets. They are 2 in VA, 2 in FL, 1 in MA, 1 in NH, and 3 in NY. The rest are still regular stores.

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to Solitaire

I'm in MA and the one I go to is still a regular store. As a matter of fact, I just got an email with some coupons in it. I was in there a few weeks ago and they were revamping their paper display and adding some new things.

On the other hand, all the Michael's in my area have drastically cut down their scrapbooking and paper crafting aisles!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics