Username Post: What am I doing wrong?        (Topic#1598237)
dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

I keep seeing messages about chipboard and so I know people like it. I hate it! I use it on a scrapbook page, put the page into a page protector and into my scrapbook. The next time I get my book out and turn a page, the chipboard pops off. Stickers, etc. bend with the page turn and stay intact. It seems chipboard has no "bend" as the pages bend and just won't stap put. I recently bought a couple Creative Memories cricut cartridges that came with chipboard pieces and I'm ready to just throw them out!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-27-14 09:51 AM
In response to dwelch

What adhesive are you using? I use a strong liquid, like Glossy Accents, 3M Quick Dry, or Best Glue Ever.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to stick

Yes, I've had that trouble, and I had the same problem with Thickers. I now add my own adhesive as well: ATG or Glossy Accents, or glue dots, depending on the shape/size. You're right, they don't have any "bend".

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Wait.............scrapbook pages are supposed to bend??????...............................

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to CrimsonMama

What Rosey said.

I have not had good luck with any self-adhesive chipboard. It never sticks!

I use my own adhesive.

But.... if you really dislike it, don't use it.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Bxr-Linda

Tombow Mono liquid glue has never failed me. Even heavier pieces like chipboard stay put. Glossy Accents is great too.

MisasMom
Resident
MisasMom
In response to olleharr

I have to agree with Glossy Accents - anything attached with it never moves again!!

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to MisasMom

I am not sure how I feel about chipboard- it is so versatile!!! Love it and yet it is very rigid and unforgiving!!
good luck sewflake
mg

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to CrimsonMama

• CrimsonMama Said:
Wait.............scrapbook pages are supposed to bend??????...............................

you are right..we put so much on them too funny

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have never had anything come off my pages or things that are on the wall when I use glue dots

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to anda11

I love chipboard. I use 3L tape and have no problems getting CB to stick. I have found that grunge board is a bit like chipboard, but bendy. I love that stuff.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Luvmyfam

thanks for telling me the photo tape works on chipboard. I use that stuff all the time..mostly for my ribbon. I prefer to use that on ribbon instead of my atg because it sticks so fast.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to anda11

99 % of the chipboard that I use does is not self sticking. I always use an adhesive like glue dots, hot glue or Aleene's tacky glue. That usually works great.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Crafting Marfa

Is Aleene's acid-free? I only ask because the only Aleene's we get in the UK does not say acid-free on it. I've always wondered.

ashley.calder
Veteran
ashley.calder
In response to RedSquirrel UK

• RedSquirrel Said:
Is Aleene's acid-free? I only ask because the only Aleene's we get in the UK does not say acid-free on it. I've always wondered.

There is Acid Free Aleene's Tacky Glue, but it is about 4x the price!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to ashley.calder

Of course, while we're talking about it...

grunge board is NOT acid-free either.

Frau_Cooney
Idol
Frau_Cooney
In response to Bxr-Linda

Ack! I just used grungeboard for the first time! With pictures I love. On a layout I love! Ok, I'll calm down. The pictures are digital images taken this month, not family heirlooms!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Frau_Cooney

I usually add extra adhesive to chipboard too. For Thickers, I use my 3L adhesive and for larger pieces, I use that red-line tape. It seems to be really strong - you have to place it where you want it coz' it stays stuck! Hope you find something that will work for you. Maria

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics