Page 2 of 3 
Username Post: Arkansas        (Topic#998813)
darlamo
Tenant
darlamo
In response to mistismemories

Hey guys, it's me again. Well, we visited NW AR this past weekend. Still trying to find a hometown. Fell in love with Bentonville. It is growing so rapidly, there are lots of places to shop, along with Rogers. And Springdale and Fayetteville are both close enough. I went to a scrapbook store in Bentonville, and it was great! We rode around for 2 solid days, looking at houses and marking our map with good neighborhoods. Can't wait 'til June! If anyone knows of any good homes for sale, pm me!

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to darlamo

My daughter recently moved to Rogers. I do know it is the largest school district in the state. I love the area. We live about 2 hours south of the area. I am dying to go up there some weekend WITHOUT my husband so I can hit up the SB stores. I was in Hobby Lobby there a couple weeks ago and they had a huge clearance sale, but he was waiting in the car.
If I were you, I would contact the Chamber of Commerce and get them to send you some info.
I do know a few mins. to the outskirts of town will mean a lot price wise when you go to buy a house. I know on the news last week, NW Arkansas got some mention of being one of the top areas for growth, I believe it was.

If I can be of help, let me know.

Trina

mistismemories
Expert
mistismemories
In response to Trina_P

I know the store in Bentonville. It is great. They are actually helping me out with the PTA NSD event I am doing. They are super nice there. I like to go up there and just look around and hang out even if I can't buy anything. Of course there are a few things in the other part of the store that I love too.

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie

mistismemories: I am near, just a couple of minutes away from, Siloam Springs.

mistismemories
Expert
mistismemories
In response to lisymarie

Cool. I drive through there on my way to Texas and OK City. It is faster than going down I-40.

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie

did all of you in nwa make it thru tonights tornado okay? I was in gentry and it went a couple of miles north (between gentry and decatur). it was pretty scarey for a while.

mistismemories
Expert
mistismemories
In response to lisymarie

I am fine, a little sleep deprived but otherwise okay. I stayed up and waited out the warning for Washington county. I am glad to here you are okay. We got a little bit of hail some heavy wind.

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P

My daughter lives near Rogers. I called her the next morning and she said "Oh did it storm again last night?"

Just one more thing to remind me to worry about my kid who is "grown up".

3 nights in a row was enough of that! Now after 3 nights of rain, its sunny. Something tells me we will be mowing yards soon.

New Kid On the Block
In response to sandy k

Hey, Sandy! I live close to Jonesboro! What product do you use?

jstaff
jstaff 
Expert
jstaff
In response to scrapermom

I live close to Heber Springs!!

jstaff
jstaff 
Expert
jstaff
In response to CreativeChaos

I am near the Heber Springs area! U?

tabbilwilex
Mayor
tabbilwilex
In response to jstaff

I'm in hot springs! Anyone close?

JeepMama-Ar
Expert
JeepMama-Ar
In response to tabbilwilex

Tabby! Are you back from no interenet? Did they finally fix you up? I've missed you!

I'm just east of Fayetteville

Edited by JeepMama-Ar on 01-10-11 06:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to JeepMama-Ar

I am from Mt. View anyone close by?

SharminJ
Mayor
SharminJ
In response to betsyc58

I'm not too far from Mtn. View. I'm in Fulton County close to Salem.

Katydidd
Veteran
Katydidd

Hey y'all I live in Central AR in the Benton-Bryant area. I don't know many people that scrap.

Katydidd
Veteran
Katydidd
In response to tabbilwilex

I'm close! I'm in the Benton-Bryant area.

mmlsweet
Idol
mmlsweet
In response to Katydidd

Hi Gals.. I'm in the Hot Springs Area.

From The Beginning
Tenant
From The Beginning
In response to crystal24

I'm from Strawberry, Ar........Its soooo small we have the welcome and thank-you for visiting on the same sign...LOL!

**Becky**

Katydidd
Veteran
Katydidd
In response to From The Beginning

Alrighty my fellow arkie-scrappers. I keep noticing that it's getting harder and harder to find scrapbook stores that aren't the big chains. Nothing against them though. But I usually have better luck finding more unique things and full product lines at the smaller stores.
So I started wondering what is everybody's best kept secret hole in the wall store??? I love to support these smaller stores as much as I can and I'm sure like most of you I'm willing to travel a bit for a really good store.
I'll go first. There's a store in Sherwood called Just Scrap It. The owners name is Cori and I can always count on her to have the coolest stuff!

Page 2 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics