Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Hawaii        (Topic#998832)
Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 03-31-05 01:50 PM

Welcome to Hawaii!

dawnie
dawnie 
Mayor
dawnie
In response to Kels

ALLOOOOOHA!!!!

I will be waiting if anybody decides to move to Hawaii or wants to come visit me and scrap! lol!!

dawnie
dawnie 
Mayor
dawnie
In response to dawnie

so sad...still waiting. lol!

New Kid On the Block
In response to dawnie

Where are you at in Hawaii? Oahu, Big Island, Maui??? I'm very new to scrapbooking....

smileyfacegirl80
Idol
smileyfacegirl80
In response to HIGiggles

I"ll be going to Hawaii in a couple of months. I'd love to crop with you!

New Kid On the Block
In response to smileyfacegirl80

ROFL!! I'm going to be in Houston, Texas next week.

Are you coming to Oahu? I'm still fairly new to this but I would love to meet someone and get some pointers.

New Kid On the Block
In response to HIGiggles

I'm moving to Honolulu on August 1st and would love to meet up with someone to show me all of the(if any) LSS. My husband is in the airforce and we will be there at least 3 years.

Tenant
In response to southernbelle

southernbelle - Hickam has a decent craft store with a small scrapbook section. About a few miles off base is the Scrapbook Clubhouse in Aiea. If you're a stamper, the NEX has a good selection of Hero Arts stamps.

New Kid On the Block
In response to craftwithaloha

craftwithaloha-thanks! What about Ben Franklins? I saw there was one there, but is there a good scrapbook section in it. The one we have here (CA) now has a huge scrapbook section.

Tenant
In response to southernbelle

I wasn't too impressed with the Ben Franklin's scrapbook section, but it's been several months since I last stopped by.

New Kid On the Block
In response to craftwithaloha

It actually depends upon which Ben Franklin you go to, but their scrapbooking supply is not impressive. There is a craft store in Aiea, across from the Pearlridge Mall in the little shopping area, that has a nice selection of papers, stickers, pens, etc. I haven't been inside for over a year, but I have driven by to see that it is still open. :-) I hope that by changing jobs, I'll have more free time to get out of the house and get more scrapbooking supplies.

Erin

smileyfacegirl80
Idol
smileyfacegirl80
In response to HIGiggles

I'm going to Oahu. DH is in the Army and we have to be there in September. Maybe we can get a group going.

Marygail

New Kid On the Block
In response to smileyfacegirl80

Gee, my DH and I are looking at moving to the Houston area sometime between October and February. He was in the army and got out while he was here. He's been in Hawaii for 15yrs now and moving again is kinda scarey for him. I would still like to get together to scrapbook a little before I leave since I haven't done it much in a group setting.

Erin

Luv2scrapTN
Idol
Luv2scrapTN
In response to HIGiggles

Do any of you Hawaiian scrappers live on the Big Island or is there a Ben Franklin Craft Store near in your area?

I am asking because when we were on vacation in Hawaii/The Big Island last month, I bought some awesome, high quality grosgrain ribbon at the Ben Fraklin store in Hilo and I would love to have more of it! The brand name was Comex and it was on a white cardboard spool with a red bull and the Comex logo on the front. The ribbon was not with the other spooled ribbon, it was on wire racks near the front of the store and it was $2.99 per spool and there was like 20 yards on the spool!

I have looked for the company online, but I cannot find any retailers for Comex anywhere - the problem seems to be that they are stationed out of Mexico and maybe they don't have any retailers in the continential US??? Anyway, sorry to ramble on forever, but if anyone shops at Ben Franklin would you mind seeing if you can find this ribbon? The only colors I bought were a metallic/shiny blue and a metallic/shiny red. I would love to have the chocolate brown they had or plain (non shiny) red or white or any other color too! I will gladly send you a money order or PayPal to cover the cost of the ribbon and shipping, as well as some extra goodies for your time and gas. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks in advance!
Katie

dawnie
dawnie 
Mayor
dawnie
In response to Luv2scrapTN

OMG, I totally missed all of you guys!! LOL!!!.....

I'm on Oahu, living in Pearl City. I would LOVE to schedule a crop!! It sounds like so much FUN!!!!

If it's something you might be interested in, drop me a pm okay?? I was born and raised here, so...it's not like I"m planning on moving anytime soon. LOL

dawnie
dawnie 
Mayor
dawnie
In response to dawnie

Hey Katie...I have a Ben Franklin down the street from where I live and another one about 10 minutes away...I'll go take a look for you and will let you know if I find anything or not.

Luv2scrapTN
Idol
Luv2scrapTN
In response to dawnie

Thanks so much, Dawn!!!

dawnie
dawnie 
Mayor
dawnie

Katie:

here's what I found out....Ben Franklin only orders the Comex ribbon in April and May because everyone down here uses the ribbon to make ribbon leis from them. So it was a one time purchase only. They still have comex ribbon left, but not in the colors you're looking for. I found only black, blue and green in the thin grosgrain ribbon ($2.99/roll). I also found a yellow/orange comex grograin ribbon ($4.99/roll with 27 yards), this is I'm guessing here, about 1/2" wide.

I'm gonna check one more Ben Franklin, but I won't get a chance to get there until this weekend. In the meantime, did you want me to pick up the ones that I did find or no need? just let me know.

thanks!

Luv2scrapTN
Idol
Luv2scrapTN
In response to dawnie

Dawn, thank you SO MUCH for checking on the ribbon for me! Wow, great investigative reporting too!

I would definitely love to have the thin black ribbon. What color of blue and green ribbon did they have? Was it baby blue, country blue, primary blue, or navy blue? Was it mint green, sage green, primary green, or hunter green? I'm not trying to be a pain, just trying to figure out what color it is so I know if I will use it or not.

Thanks again for all your help! I will definitely send you some nice scrapping goodies for all your trouble!

smileyfacegirl80
Idol
smileyfacegirl80

Just checking in with you ladies. Did anybody set up a crop yet? Actually I know of a crop that's coming up this month if anybody is interested. PM me and I'll let you know what info I got.

Marygail

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics