Page 3 of 32 
Username Post: Illinois        (Topic#998837)
New Kid On the Block
In response to dispatchscrapper

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is good. Jersey77, do you do any cropping in groups around your house? I'd love to meet other scrappers, I don't really know too many people in the area, that's why I love this site.

TripletMomS
Mayor
TripletMomS
In response to stine069

Quote:

stine069 said:
I'm from Central Illinois, also. I'm from Springfield.

Well, HOWDY! I'm just a skip away from ya in Edinburg! Between Rochester and Taylorville. And I'm only about 1 1/2 hrs away from the Champaign/Peoria area.

Veteran
In response to TripletMomS

Hi Gracie04 ~ I personally haven't done any. I haven't heard of any either. It would be fun if we could get one together though.

mishy 
Guru
  • mishy on 04-13-05 06:36 AM
In response to jersey77

Theres a really nice expo coming up April 22 and 23rd in Villa Park, IL

I had a blast last year but wont be able to make it this year

scrapbookexpo dot com

mishy 
Guru
  • mishy on 04-13-05 06:38 AM
In response to mishy

oops noticed someone posted about it on page one sorry. But its well worth the money especially the crop. They gave us an awesome gift bag.

New Kid On the Block
In response to mishy

jersey77, Hey. I think that would be cool if we could get a group together to scrap, even at a local scrapbook store, are there any you go to? Of course anyone else that is in our area is more than welcome to suggest something, too.

Expert
In response to gracie04

Well I will be driving past pretty much all of you in a few hours. I have to make the lovely drive from Zion (think Lake Michigan, Wisconsin and Illinois) all the way down to Carbondale for the weekend. I love being down there, but dread the 7 hour trip. And I don't have room to drag much scrap stuff. Bummer

Veteran
In response to JojoBallard

Gracie04 ~ There is an Archiver's in Orland Park and Naperville. And then the next closest is a LSS in Joliet.

PuddinTane
Veteran
PuddinTane

Hi people! I'm in Montgomery. That's by Aurora. My husband is trying to get a job in Channahon, so it's possible that we might be neighbors gracie! Liz

Kathyy
Kathyy 
Guru
Kathyy
In response to PuddinTane

**Warning not related to scrapping/hobbies**
On Friday 4/22 we (my job) are hosting a job fair. We have 79 companies registered. If anyone is interested PM me and I'll send you details. I hope no one is offended by me posting this but I thought it may be helpful for someone.
**Warning not related to scrapping/hobbies**

valarielovesjhon
Expert
valarielovesjhon

Hey all..not in Illinois but way close eheh. (like 10 mins from the border) I am going to the Expo on the 23.

myarrows
Idol
myarrows
In response to valarielovesjhon

Oh I wish I could go to the Expo but I'll be out at a horse show in Roscoe watching my daughter show her horse. 3 days of sitting, I can't wait!

New Kid On the Block
In response to myarrows

hey, everyone. Liz, Channahon is a nice place to live, growing quickly, but still nice. I have a friend who lives in Montgomery, so I know where you're at now. Jersey77, I know the scrapbooking store you're talking about in Joliet, they have a nice work area there, so do the Archiver's, I've been to the one in Orland, I wish that it was closer! I think with all the building going on in Channahon/Minooka, smeone should open up a scrapbook store!

Veteran
In response to gracie04

Gracie04~ I've totally thought about that...a scrapbook store. We really need one. I'd love to do something like that, but would never know where to begin. Or $$$

Kathyy
Kathyy 
Guru
Kathyy
In response to jersey77

jersey77
If you really want to do it you can look into getting a small business loan.

Also you can use the Small Business Administration and SCORE to help you.

Also take a look at https://web.cba.uic.edu/cub/sab.asp

Veteran
In response to Kathyy

Thanks Kathy. I'll have to take a look at it.

Veteran
In response to jersey77

Thought I'd throw us back up since we fell to the 2nd page.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

KatyKatsMama
Pro
KatyKatsMama
In response to jersey77

Hi everyone, North Aurora here (next to Aurora, about 30 miles west of Chicago). Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful *fall* day, think Mother Nature is a tad bit confused!

Pro

I'm going to post this again. Does anyone want to get together for a big crop? I think it would be really neat to meet everyone. I would be willing to plan it if we had enough interest. I love to plan things.

Veteran

I say yeah!

And I'm so excited cause I just signed on to become a Stampin Up demonstrator, so if anyone close needs something please let me know.

Page 3 of 32 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics