Page 31 of 32 
Username Post: Illinois        (Topic#998837)
ltlemermaid
Idol
ltlemermaid
In response to Ruthiez

I'm near Kankakee, IL

U_Wacho Scrapper
New Kid On the Block
U_Wacho Scrapper
In response to ltlemermaid

THE EVENT

This 3-Day scrapbook event is designed for economic and fun scrapbooking. You can choose 1, 2, or all 3 days. Food is on your own time and your own budget, but plenty of good eating in the area. There will be local vendors and Make~n~Take Classes (none of which cost over $20).

Get your scrapbooking friends together and join us for some fun as we create a beautiful way to document OUR HISTORY IN PICTURES.

Email us with questions: ursula_m_w@yahoo.com

Friday, April 23, 2010 - 12:00 PM to 11:55 PM

Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 7:00 AM to 11:55 PM

Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM

The Venue

The Promenade Bolingbrook, former Circuit City space - 631 E. Boughton Rd., Bolingbrook, IL 60440

The crop space is located on the East side of the mall between Macy's and Gordon Biersch.

The property offers over 70 great stores and 16 eateries for meals and snacks.

The former Circuit City space will be a large venue with excellent lighting and ample power supply.

Lodging

ALOFT Hotel (A Starwood Property) is less than 1/2 mile from the crop space. They offer rooms to us at $80 per night. They have rooms with 1 King or 2 Queens. You will need to make your reservations directly with ALOFT (630-410-6367) and be sure to tell them you are with U WACHO SCRAPPERS at THE PROMENADE BOLINGBROOK. See their website for property details:

The Setup

Eight foot tables will be set-up in groups of 4 and 6. If you are a consultant for a product line and wish to book a group of 6 tables, you will be allowed to bring a folding table of your own to put in the center of the group for your prodcuts. We ask that you sell to your customers that you bring to sit in your group. NO Soliciting. If a new potential client approaches you, that is fine, but NO Soliciting out of courtesy for other consultants and vendors that are attending.

The Classes

Classes will be updated as they become available. If you are a consultant or vendor and wish to conduct a class, you need to contact the coordinators at ursula_m_w@yahoo.com - first come / first served. You will be required to provide all the basic materials for your project. You will be required to provide a detailed description and picture of your project to the coordinators, so we can post your class on the website. You will set the price for your class (no class costing over $20 will be accepted - this amount includes the fees for processing payments online). Your cost to the coordinators will be 10% of your sales after fees are deducted. All classes should take no more than 45-minutes. You will have 15 minutes to set-up and 15-minutes to clean-up. Most class locations accomodate 18 people.

Food

The mall has 16 eateries for meals and snacks. The surrounding area also has eateries. One microwave will be available if you bring your own meals or snacks. You may bring a small hard type cooler with ice, but no foam or insulated coolers with ice - this is to prevent water leakage. Coolers must be small enough to go under your half of the table.

For Fun

We are considering a silent auction, so collect that scrapbook stuff you just don't use anymore. More details to follow on this.

Other

Be sure to complete your name and address at checkout so we can mail your wristbands to you. You will need these to get in.

Join our group to receive updates and notices on future crops. Go to: www.meetup.com/u-wacho-scrappers

KayMCee
Expert
KayMCee
In response to U_Wacho Scrapper

Checking in here from the Aurora area!

Is there anybody out there???

scharnack
Veteran
scharnack
In response to KayMCee

Was there ever a map made for il? I'm in Central IL between Champaign and Bloomington. Anyone nearby?

Lemonade
Resident
Lemonade
In response to scharnack

Hi! I'm in Alton,IL, near St Louis, MO.

IllinoisCityScrapper
Veteran
IllinoisCityScrapper
In response to Lemonade

I am from Illinois City, IL. I live in Illinois and work in Iowa. I am near the "Quad Cities"

00elly00
Idol
00elly00
In response to IllinoisCityScrapper

Hi ladies,
I'm from Milwaukee WI, but we are currently entertaining a possible job offer in Chicago. We will move may 1st if all goes as planned.
just wondering what chicago has for me! I'm not even sure the exact area yet, just know minor details.

karmas mom
Tenant
karmas mom
In response to 00elly00

kankakee area

crazycricut
Guru
crazycricut
In response to scharnack

Scharnack--I am in Urbana so you can't be too far!

Edited by crazycricut on 03-18-10 06:50 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

girlscout333
Resident
girlscout333
In response to crazycricut

central IL, north of Spfld

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to girlscout333

I'm about 15 min north of springfield!

Wish the local scrapbook store would do things in the summer!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Cindyckj

Checking in from Oswego.....New to the site...

scrapvixen
Tenant
scrapvixen
In response to Jeanna75

I'm in the Shorewood/Plainfield/Joli et area.

Love to scrap...wish all the stores and places to go, weren't closing in IL.

scrapvixen
Tenant
scrapvixen
In response to scrapvixen

If anyone at all, loves to scrapbook, and live in the IL/WI/IA area, you have got to try my favorite place in the world to do that. Contact MaryKim at the Paper Dollhouse and spend a weekend of true pampering, gourmet food and just the coziest place in IL to scrapbook. You will be treated like royalty...you will NEVER want to leave and believe me you will keep coming back...over and over and over. I have been there 4 times now and plan on going every 5-6 months...It's a great place to escape for a weekend and hang out with our friends. Even if you don't scrapbook, it's a nice relaxing bed and breakfast that serves fantastic food.

I'm not an owner, just a loyal customer that wants to make sure that THE PAPER DOLL HOUSE stays open for years to come. We are losing too many of the great places to scrap. I want to continue to go there every 5-6 months for a very, very long time. IT'S MY HAPPY PLACE!

www.thepaperdollhouse.com

Just ask for MaryKim and tell her Tori sent you!

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

I may check thisout.Looks nice.I'm in Orland.

pinkalicious
Guru
pinkalicious
In response to scrappnmom2il

Is anyone willing to travel to Bloomington, IL to scrap. It is centrally located for the northerners and southeners. Let me know. PM me.

girlscout333
Resident
girlscout333
In response to pinkalicious

Paper Trails is a group of scrappers in Lincoln who invite you to join them. We get together every 6 weeks or so and work on pages for ourselves ($6) or for the foster care kids ($3). We desire to bring hope to the hopeless.

--> Next crops are March 2 and April 20.

contact kelly at Jeffstreet.org

scrapvixen
Tenant
scrapvixen

Did you look into it? I just came back from an awesome weekend. The 5th time I've been there.

It was my bday weekend and I was treated like royalty. MaryKim made a fantastic bday cake, with chocolate covered strawberries, roses, balloons and a banner.

There was even a massage therapist for anyone that wanted one after a long day of of scrapping. The music is awesome, the food couldn't be better and I have yet to meet anyone that wasn't just the nicest person.

I'm worried that if more people don't try out PDH another fantastic place will close. Archivers and Michael's are nice for day crops, but this beats a hotel crop all to HE "double hockey sticks". LOL

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

• scrapvixen Said:
Did you look into it? I just came back from an awesome weekend. The 5th time I've been there.

It was my bday weekend and I was treated like royalty. MaryKim made a fantastic bday cake, with chocolate covered strawberries, roses, balloons and a banner.

There was even a massage therapist for anyone that wanted one after a long day of of scrapping. The music is awesome, the food couldn't be better and I have yet to meet anyone that wasn't just the nicest person.

I'm worried that if more people don't try out PDH another fantastic place will close. Archivers and Michael's are nice for day crops, but this beats a hotel crop all to HE "double hockey sticks". LOL

No not yet. But I have heard many wonderful things about it from ladies that crop at Archiver's on Friday nights. I would love to go. Maybe during the summer, when I do't have to worry about getting the kids anywhere.

scrapvixen
Tenant
scrapvixen

I'm going back again to The Paper Dollhouse on 6/8. If you want to go in the summer, you should try for that weekend. It's the BEST.

I used to only go 2 times a year, but I love it soooooo much, I'm probably going to start going 4 times a year. MaryKim is the BEST!!!

Page 31 of 32 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics