Page 11 of 11 
Username Post: Maine        (Topic#998855)
skarletbegonias
Guru
skarletbegonias
In response to scrappincgwife

Hello Maine Scrappers!
I live in WI, but we're going to be visiting your state over Christmas.
We're going to be in Augusta. I was wondering if there are any must see stores?! I was also wondering if any one could help direct me to a decent hotel. I've been looking online for one with an indoor pool, I've only found one, that can't be right can it? TIA!

navyaowife2005
Idol
navyaowife2005
In response to skarletbegonias

• skarletbegonias Said:
Hello Maine Scrappers!
I live in WI, but we're going to be visiting your state over Christmas.
We're going to be in Augusta. I was wondering if there are any must see stores?! I was also wondering if any one could help direct me to a decent hotel. I've been looking online for one with an indoor pool, I've only found one, that can't be right can it? TIA!

They have Holiday Inn, Comfort Inn, Fairfield Inn, and Senator Inn and Spa. All of those would be your best bet with having a pool.

We have a Michaels and A.C. Moore. Plus a locally owned one in the area. It's called That Scrapbookin thing and more. Hope this helps

skarletbegonias
Guru
skarletbegonias
In response to navyaowife2005

Thanks that does help.
I'm happy to hear there's an ACM! There aren't any over in my area. I do have an M's though.
I'm exited to check out the lss too!
I'm going to be visiting my nieces and nephew. My one niece is all excited to scrap with me so I wanted to make sure there was a place close to buy supplies. Now I won't have to bring as much with me. And it's an excuse to shop

navyaowife2005
Idol
navyaowife2005
In response to skarletbegonias

• skarletbegonias Said:
Thanks that does help.
I'm happy to hear there's an ACM! There aren't any over in my area. I do have an M's though.
I'm exited to check out the lss too!
I'm going to be visiting my nieces and nephew. My one niece is all excited to scrap with me so I wanted to make sure there was a place close to buy supplies. Now I won't have to bring as much with me. And it's an excuse to shop

Glad it helps! That is so sweet that your niece wants to scrap with you. I love ACM and I hope you do too. Enjoy your trip

skarletbegonias
Guru
skarletbegonias
In response to navyaowife2005

I'm getting so excited! We leave this Saturday! I know she's 6 and has a good time with stickers and gluing. My other niece her older sister is 9 likes to scrap too. Her stuff is more like real pages. She puts a lot of thought and planning into her pages. It's so cute!
I can't wait to go to ACM!! So many people here get such great deals!

Lisermae
New Kid On the Block
Lisermae
In response to LNZ

Discover the past, capture the present, preserve the future
All Day Crop Feb 14 15 e-mail me for more info
located in Brunswick Maine
lisermae@suscom-maine.net

scrappincgwife
Idol
scrappincgwife
In response to Kels

I got this email from my lss and thought I would pass it on to any other Mainer-scrappers!

Happy February to all of our Paper Crafters...

We are very happy to announce that we are hosting a crop on Saturday, March 7th at the Saco Hampton Inn. Below is all the information:

Mom & Me Crop

March 7th 2009

Mom & Me Scrapbooking will be sponsoring an all-day crop from 9:00am - 9:00pm on Saturday, March 7th at the Hampton Inn located in Saco Industrial Park. See directions below.

The cost will be $35.00 per person and will include:

Coffee, tea, hot cocoa, water, or soda all day

Muffins & Danish in the morning

Lunch - Sandwich Platters & Salads

Afternoon Dessert

Prizes will be drawn throughout the day. Dinner will be on your own. We were not sure if everybody would stay through the evening. You can arrange to go to dinner with a group.

Scrapbook and chipboard mini book classes will be offered for an additional charge if you are interested. Two - three classes will be offered throughout the day. Instructors are Bernet Bagley and Alyson Saucier.

Anyone interested in participating in this crop must register prepaid prior to February 20th. You can register by phone @ (207) 571-9087 with a credit card. We ask that you let us know if you wish to also attend the optional classes so they can bring enough kits.

Mom & Me Scrapbooking will have tables setup with items for sale. We plan to stock plenty of adhesives and cardstock for your convenience as well as many of our new product lines. Come and join us and bring your friends! It will give you a chance to meet us and we can have fun all day.

Hotel rooms will be available @ $79.00 (reduced rate) double occupancy for anyone wishing to stay overnight. Here’s a chance for you to get some family members or friends together even if some of them live far away. For hotel reservations please call(207) 282-7222 and mention that you will be with the Mom & Me Scrapbooking Group. This will give you the reduced rate. If you do reserve a hotel room, you will receive free breakfast. Here is a link directly to their website:
http://www.hamptoninn.com/hi/saco

Directions to the Hampton Inn: From I95/Maine Turnpike, North or South, Exit 36 (Saco, Old Orchard Beach). Proceed through toll booth and take Exit 1 Industrial Park Road. Turn right onto Industrial Park Road. The hotel entrance will be on the left.

manson
manson 
New Kid On the Block
manson
In response to Kels

Hi all I am just joining this site. My name is Kathy and I live in Brunswick but grew up in Bangor. Very sad that all these stores you guys are talking about are all closed the only two i know of still open are Judy's and Mom and Me in Saco. Love to meet and talk to other Mainers, and see your work.
Kathy

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F
In response to manson

Hi Kathy and welcome to sb.com ! You've found a great place for inspiration and friends. Everyone here is so nice. Not too many Mainers around here, nice to see a new face. I live in Old Orchard Bch. and the only LSS I know of is Mom and Me in Saco. Love that place! Where is Judy's?

Hope to see you around the boards and can't wait to see some of your work.
Tracy

New Kid On the Block
In response to Tracy F

New Mainer here! Have only lived in Maine a couple of years (from Boston area) and am always looking for local shops for scrapping and knitting, but unfortunately, most of the local shops have been gobbled up by the big boxes. Happy to make friends - I live in New Gloucester now.

kristen622
Pro
kristen622
In response to cagerrior

Seriously? You are in New Gloucester? I just moved to New Gloucester about two months ago, from Bangor, ME. I'm originally from MA (Falmouth.) I haven't really met anyone in NG yet, except for my totally bizarre neighbors. What are the chances there would be two of us here?

nancyllake
Resident
nancyllake
In response to Vicious Bleu

Hello, I'm Nancy and I live in Augusta, Maine. I am on a mission to meet some local ladies who share my love of scrapping. I am also a manager of an online scrapbook group X7 years called Scrapping Friends. I would love to hear from you. The group is www.scrappingfriends.yuku.com and my email is nancyllake@yahoo.com I am hosting a free local crop next month and I love meeting new ladies to crop with.I hope to hear from you! ~Nancy

nancyllake
Resident
nancyllake
In response to cagerrior

sorry for duplicate post

Edited by nancyllake on 07-15-09 12:08 PM. Reason for edit: repeat

Tenant
In response to LNZ

hi my name is deana, new to this site. I love scrapbooking. I got walmart to collect the popped heads of flowers so I could buy them for a dollar donation to cmn!!!. I get ribbons from the dollar store and also wooden letters that cost 3.5 at walmart. I am going to shop lawnsales for buttons this summer alot of times you can get bags of clothing for a dollar and I remove the buttons

bekalynn
Resident
bekalynn
In response to scrapmom41

We have been here for a year and I lost my local scrapbook place she closed down at the end of October. I am waiting for a friend to get all set up at her new place so we can do scrap dates but I would love to get together with other ladies who love scrapping too. It helps me get so much done.

Page 11 of 11 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics