Page 9 of 11 
Username Post: Maine        (Topic#998855)
tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons
In response to liveandBIKN2

I never have either. I just dropped off a few things that I was thinking of selling on ebay. It's going all week so I'll go in tomorrow or thurs to see how it went. I put higher prices on a couple of things so they may not sell....we'll see!!

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2
In response to tracys3sons

Well good luck! I seriously need to get rid of a whole bunch of things in my room. What a mess!!

F Anthony
Veteran
F Anthony
In response to LNZ

There is an awesome scrapbook store in Auburn...not the one at the mall...this one is tucked away down the street the ground round is on the corner of. I love it cause they have the bazill bling card stock and a lot of the other really nice lines of stuff.It's a great place to browse, get ideas, and find just the perfect embelishment...

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons
In response to F Anthony

Yeah, that's Memory Lane on Coburn St!

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2

MAN! I wanna go!!

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons

I went yesterday and got these cool Autumn Leaves journaling stamps. The ones I REALLY wanted are on order and should be in next week. I checked on the stuff I dropped off for the garage sale~I got rid of everything except my Tonic trimmer and my scrapfolio. Man, I wanted someone to buy that trimmer!!! I love it and I'm not sure I'll have the guts to try to sell it again! It's the 12 inch base model. I'm only selling it because I bought it, and dh bought me the smaller based model. I really don't need 2 and if one has to go it has to be the big one....the big one is too big to be portable for a crop. Maybe I'll just keep it...I'm talking myself out of selling it! rofl

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2

LOL. That's funny.

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons
In response to lapeen2

I heard the memorybook workshop in Gray is closing. anyone else hear this?

New Kid On the Block
In response to Kels

Hi everyone. I've just relocated to Maine. I'm in the Union/Rockland area. Hoping to find other scrapbookers who would be interested in having a crop every now and again. If your interested please contact me!!

Thanks
Tracy

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2
In response to tracyclark

Another one bites the dust.

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons

• Quote:
Another one bites the dust

Yup, a friend forwarded the email that announced her closing. Big sale now thru mid-july. But, I couldn't find anything to buy there when she was fully stocked so I won't be trucking down there to check out her sales. It's still sad!

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2

Yes it is. There are none down here. I love going to little stores.

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 06-30-07 11:53 AM

why are they all closing???I went there once didnt like it much,the staff wasnt very good.just when i get into it they close.what a bummer/

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2
In response to LNZ

I don't know. It makes me very sad. It is probably because the chain stores are becoming prettier. Walmart even carries Autumn Leaves stamps now. Their se;ection has gotten way better!

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons

I would think it would be very hard to make $$$ with an LSS. Products keep changing so you have to clearance out stuff...the big stores offer Coupons so people feel they get more for their $$$. I think the cricut hurt a lot of little stores! The big stores got theirs first, making the little ones wait months longer for their pre-orders. Then the big stores start competing w/ the Walmart price, but the lss's can't do that. Why pay 299.00 at the lss when you can get it for under 100.00 at walmart?? It's still sad because there are things at the LSS that you just can't get at the bigger stores~you'll have to start ordering online!

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2

It is sad. Their prices are high but nothing beats touching the product. But ACMoore and Michael's are carrying better lines lately.

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons

I went into Memory Lane this week and she said all the LSS closings (or closing sales) have really hurt her business. I feel bad for her. I've started emailing her for items before I buy online. I'd hate to have her close as well. She's by far the best LSS in the entire area IMO~~way better than even Murdocks, which was my favorite for a long time....but Mem. Lane surpasses Murdocks w/ the quality of her product. I'm going back in today. Got to do what I can to help her business! rofl

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2

Where is Memory Lane again?? Are there sb stores in Raymond. My friend lives up there and if I visit her well I should parlay there. LOL

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons

I don't know of one in Raymond. I'll have to look, I'll be camping there next week...but I don't think there is.

Memory Lane is in Auburn. I was just there, again! rofl I'm there too much! Her DH even knows my kids name, so that's bad! and he's only there visiting, not like he works there. lol

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2

LOL, that's awesome.

Page 9 of 11 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics