Page 42 of 45 
Username Post: Michigan        (Topic#998858)
Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to spot5194

I'm going to a crop at Piece of Mine on Monday. I am SUPER excited! It'll be my first crop there.

spot5194
Pro
spot5194
In response to Amigosa

Sooo...how did the crop go??? Cant wait to hear about it!!!

Just finishing up another wedding layout..only have like 10 more to go...LOL. I wish I had more time..c'mon people I am supposed to be on summer vacation!!!! LET ME SCRAPBOOK!!!! LOL!!!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to spot5194

Actually, I didn't end up getting to go to the crop because my son got sick with a cold/croup. I couldn't risk leaving him with a sitter and her get sick or him have trouble breathing and her freak out. I'm hoping to go to a crop in the beginning of July if I don't have this baby by then.

I sure hope you get to get more scrapping time in!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Amigosa

I just found this thread. Hi, I'm a way Up North scrapper and the only other scrappers I know here are Creative Memories which isn't my style. Any Yoopers around?

Hi - Leesa.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to scrap4brains

Hey Marlene! We should also tell Shannon about this thread, too. I never thought about telling you guys.

spot5194
Pro
spot5194
In response to Amigosa

I have this layout...its been sitting on my desk for weeks..why? you ask...LOL...I keep cutting out the letters and just leaving them on my desk and then some of the letters disappear..so I have to do it again. I finally glued what letters I do have, but have to cut out more. TG for the cricut.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to spot5194

I can so relate to that! I've done that a few times, too. Hopefully you can get it done soon!

spot5194
Pro
spot5194
In response to Amigosa

LOL...whew I finally got it done last night. Should I attempt another one today with so much laundry to catch up on...thinking, thinking, thinking, prolly will tonight when its quiet...LOL.

I know there are scrapbook trolls out there, but I am yet to catch one.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to spot5194

Today I am going to go to my lss. I'm excited to get some fun summer papers to scrap our vacation we just got back from. The lss makes me so beyond happy!!!

spot5194
Pro
spot5194
In response to Amigosa

Have a great time at your "happy place". Awww cant wait to go to my "happy place". LOL!!!!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to spot5194

Well, I never did make it to the lss the other day. I did however go today. They have such a strange mix of things. I only bought 2 bottles of Stickles and some rub-ons.

spot5194
Pro
spot5194
In response to Amigosa

Those rub-ons are cute!!! Thats all you walked away with??? I always end up spending to much money. I havent bought any scrapbook stuff in a long time...since the expo.

kaybear93
Expert
kaybear93
In response to spot5194

Good morning girls! Glad that there is some activity on the Michigan board!

I haven't been on in awhile-had some family stuff that took precendence over everything. But that is all calmed down now so I am claiming MY time back!

I am in Northern Michigan-close to Petoskey-anyone else up this way?

anggee
anggee 
New Kid On the Block
anggee
In response to kaybear93

I'm in East Jordan! We are planning a scrap book/stamping day at our church on July 28th...if you are interested let me know!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to anggee

Hi, just checking in, always looking for UPpers.

kaybear93
Expert
kaybear93
In response to anggee

I would be interested!! Is there a fee? What times and what church?

Do you get over this way often? We have a weekly crop at a shop in Petoskey every Friday night-cost is $10 and includes dinner-use of all her supplies (2 cricuts, sewing machine, cuttlebug, oodles of stamps..etc..) The host is a great lady named Bonnie.

There is also a fundraiser crop that I can let you know about in Charlevoix if you are interested.

Hope to chat soon!

betsgratiot
Veteran
betsgratiot
In response to kaybear93

I'm in Traverse City - haven't done any crops for a few years. I do cards right now, am trying to get the momentum and ambition to start another scrapbook - but first I need to get the pics together. Where in Petoskey is this crop and is it every Friday? I was up there last weekend and found some cool stuff at Ben Franklins - is that right? Just down from the Mitchell St. Pub? My sister-in-law lives up there and we go up quite frequently for the weekend. Might have to drop in!

kaybear93
Expert
kaybear93
In response to betsgratiot

Hi bets!! Ben Franklin (Scrapper's Attic) has a Friday night crop-but they will only hold it if 6 people are signed up by Wed. So that doesn't happen very often.

THe store we frequent on Friday nights is called Create a Card..Do you know where 7-11 is on the corner of Mitchell and Emmet St? It is up that road across from The Gold Mine Resale Shop. The owner is just amazing and the night is so much fun. If you are a card maker-you will love her store! She has tons of cards everywhere and 100s of stamps! I keep telling her I am coming in to just spend a day making cards.
Hope you make it up soon! Would love to meet there!!

Kathy

mamamouse
New Kid On the Block
mamamouse
In response to kaybear93

Hello everyone- I'm from the U.P.- Marquette.. and I'm trying to find somewhere to go for a one day crop or weekend scrapping something or other..I need to get some dedicated time in, and learn! Although I've been scrapping and cardmaking on and off for years, I'd consider myself a beginner. Anyone know of anything coming up within driving distance of MQT?

kaybear93
Expert
kaybear93
In response to mamamouse

Sorry I don't know of anything up that way!! I know of lots around this area though. So if you ever want to make the drive-just let me know...
Do you have any LSS around that you could contact about anything up and coming? Have you tried finding a Yahoo group for your area? Or dmarie.com is a good place to find people in your area also.

Welcome to the site!!

Page 42 of 45 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics