Page 2 of 33 
Username Post: Mississippi        (Topic#998862)
pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom
In response to KristenB

I should be there Sat. I don't know exactly what time, but I plan to go. I have asked one of my students to babysit, and I am waiting for her to let me know if she can.

scrapaddict_479
Resident
scrapaddict_479
In response to pentwinmom

Hi All, I just found the Mississippi posting and thought I'd stop in and say Hello!! I'm from Columbia, but have been living in England for the past 2 1/2 years now. I just started posting on this site and I have to say I love it. I hold crops here about twice a month and everyone loves them. I also receive a few monthly kits from different sites. There's so many it's hard to choose at times.

Well, I hope everyone's doing good especially with the hurricane floating around out in the Gulf. Hopefully it'll die down before it hits land, it's a long shot but you never know.

Take care ya'll!!

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom
In response to scrapaddict_479

Welcome Crystal. Come and visit with us more often.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

I recently joined, and just located the regional postings. Everyone at this site have been great. I just sent off a donation package to the Crop4theCure, that is going to be held in Iowa. Are there any crops or conventions scheduled nearby in the upcoming months?

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom
In response to lcmemories

In what part of MS do you live? There is the Scrappin on the River which is coming up in a week or two. It is in Natchez, I think.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

I live in Jackson. Does the Scrappin on the River have a website?

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

Quote:

LHC2266 said:

I don't know of one, and I don't know what I did with the flyer I picked up about it.

Do you know where all of the stores are in our area? I will be glad to fill you in on them. I am from Hazlehurst, so I am about thirty minutes south of Jackson.

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

Quote:

LHC2266 said:

Okay, found it. I will pm you the information.

nanniebelle
Expert
nanniebelle

Hey girls..... As you can see I am living in Alabama, but my DH and I grew up in Mississippi and my heart is still there...... My father was a baptist minister and we lived all over MS - Ponatoc, Tinsley (Yazoo City), Morgan City, Straight Bayou (Near Belzoni), Greenville, Vardaman, Port Gibson, Columbus, and Brandon.... I LOVE MS and hope after I receive my nurse practioner's degree to go back to MS to a small rural town and practice.

I just wanted to drop by and say hello. I just feel a kinship with you Mississippi gals.

scrapaddict_479
Resident
scrapaddict_479
In response to nanniebelle

Hi Janie, Welcome, I grew up in Mississippi but haven't lived there for over 2 years now but my heart is still there as well as all my family.

Drop in anytime.

Take care,

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom
In response to scrapaddict_479

Hey Janie, definitely come by and visit.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Welcome Janie. Where are you living in Alabama?

nanniebelle
Expert
nanniebelle

Leeds which is about 15 minutes from Birmingham.

SSP 
New Kid On the Block
  • SSP on 08-01-05 02:18 PM

Hi all!

I am new to scrapbooking and it is great to see some others from MS who enjoy it! I went to my first cropping a few weeks ago and loved it. Now I have all these ideas and not enough time to do them...and I want to do them all at once!! What a dilemma...

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom
In response to SSP

Welcome, My name is Penny and I have been scrapping for just over a year now. I love to go to crops as well and often go to those at my LSS.

Where in MS do you live? I live in Hazlehurst (which is central MS -- about 30 min. south of Jackson).

SSP 
New Kid On the Block
  • SSP on 08-01-05 09:24 PM

Hi Penny! Thanks for the welcome!

I live in Ridgeland. There are crops going on at Michael's on County Line and Scrappin' Divas (near Dogwood). I haven't been to one at Scrappin' Divas yet, but I may go this Friday if they have one. I will have to check their cal. but as of today they have not updated it on their website. The "Scrappin' on the River" sounds fun, but I can't make it. I already had something planned. I do volunteer work with my Therapy Dog, Lady, and we have a visit at a nursing home Saturday. Plus, I have already spent a few $$$ lately!!

~~~~~~
Susan

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom
In response to SSP

Hi Susan.
I haven't been to a crop at Scrappin Divas. I usually go to ASF - A Scrappin Friendsy in Byram for crops. They have website and forum boards also. You can come by and check it out if you would like. Let me know if you would like the address.

Expert

Hey everybody! I haven't checked the Mississippi thread in awhile. So glad that Penny's been greeting everybody. I'm like Penny - I usually go to ASF as well and love their website. It's nice to know people from the same area that you can see in person.

Btw Penny - I promise I'll make it to a crop eventually. Preferably one that you're attending.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to SSP

Hi Susan,
I think I met you at the Michael's crop a few weeks ago. Good to see you here. I really love this website. Everyone is so friendly. Hope to see you again sometime soon.
Laura

IamSamScrapper
Governor
IamSamScrapper

Quote:

nanniebelle said:
Leeds which is about 15 minutes from Birmingham.

Janie...What are you doing over here? I guess you are doing the same thing I am. Checking out our neighbors.

Hi everyone, I am Sam aka Sandra from North Alabama.

Page 2 of 33 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics