Page 32 of 33 
Username Post: Mississippi        (Topic#998862)
lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Mrs. DKK

How is school going this semester?

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK
In response to lcmemories

well its going ok....im almost done with the quarter....tech is on a quarter system..so this is the second of three quarters for the "normal" school year. the quarter is officially over like the last week of february...im lookin forward to the end....this has been an extremely stressful quarter. i know if i can pull through this then i can pull through my last year. i am technically a senior by hours after i complete classes this quarter even though im in my third year...kind of makes me happy and feel accomplished!

thanks for asking!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Mrs. DKK

Oh, it must feel great to finally be a senior. What specialty/age group will you be teaching?

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK
In response to lcmemories

i am elementary ed 1-5! and yes it does feel great to finally be a senior...i can see the light at the end of the tunnel...just four more quarters and thats it folks!!! ill be a college graduate!!! wow i never thought id say that!!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Mrs. DKK

Congrats on being so close to graduating! Have fun during your Mardi Gras break too. If you scrap any pages, be sure to post a link here.

The rest of my week will be really busy, so I don't think I'll have a chance to check back until later in the week. Hope everyone's week is a good one! TTFN!

Rainy Morning
Veteran
Rainy Morning
In response to Moonflower

Hello all,
I had posted this on the general forum page, but thought I might get a better response on the individual state pages. I'm student teaching in a second grade class and we're learning about the United States. I am requesting postcards from all 50 states. You can jot down an interesting fact about your state for the kids to learn. We've received 23 so far, but Mississippi wasn't one of them. If anyone would be willing, I'd really appreciate some love from Mississippi!

The address is:
Easton Elementary School
2nd grade
2901 Point Marion Road
Morgantown, WV 26505

Thanks so much!!!

Misty

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK
In response to KristenB

just checking in to see hwo everyone is doing!

sarah doodah
Idol
sarah doodah
In response to Mrs. DKK

I haven't checked in in a looooong time. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm going to try and get another crop together. If anyone is interested let me know some dates that would work for you!!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK
In response to sarah doodah

hey ladies!! well i wanted to update....since we havent in over a month. anyway, i have a job this summer (thank the Lord!!) it is at the new open air mall in ridgeland called the renaissance at colony park. i work at the toy store!! it is so fun! you should come and see our great selection of toys!! we also personalize and gift wrap (for FREE!!) anywho...if you are in town...come check us out!

PurpleR452
Tenant
PurpleR452
In response to Mrs. DKK

Hi All!!! I live in NC now, but I'm from MS!!! Coming to MS this week to visit family and was wanting to check out some local scrapbook store s. Can anyone tell me of any scrapbook store s in the Jackson and surrounding areas such as Brandon, Flowood, Clinton, etc. Thanks!!!

euphrasyne
Tenant
euphrasyne
In response to PurpleR452

Hello! I'm just getting into scrapbooking, and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good local resources. I do most of my shopping online, but I'd love to see what other scrapbookers in my area are doing.

Cheryl

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom
In response to PurpleR452

• PurpleR452 Said:
Hi All!!! I live in NC now, but I'm from MS!!! Coming to MS this week to visit family and was wanting to check out some local scrapbook store s. Can anyone tell me of any scrapbook store s in the Jackson and surrounding areas such as Brandon, Flowood, Clinton, etc. Thanks!!!

There is one at Clinton (or at least I think they are still there) but they really didn't have a good selection.

There is one in Flowood, off Lakeland drive, that is pretty good.

There is one in Bryam, just south of Jackson, that I LOVE! Great choices and great staff.

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom
In response to euphrasyne

• euphrasyne Said:
Hello! I'm just getting into scrapbooking, and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good local resources. I do most of my shopping online, but I'd love to see what other scrapbookers in my area are doing.

Cheryl

Hi cheryl, I just posted above about some local store in the Jackson area. As I said, I love A Scrappin Friendsy the store in Byram. They are so friendly there and always ready to help. They have crops, a monthly card club that you could join that meets on Sat. morning, a monthly scrapbook club that meets on the third Friday of the month.

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to pentwinmom

Hi everyone! I didn't even know there were so many scrappers from Mississippi on this site! I just found this thread. I am from Picayune.

3MiniSchnauzers
Idol
3MiniSchnauzers
In response to CraftyCandace

Hi everyone. My parents live in MS. Columbus near the AL line. My brother and two nephews are going there for a visit. We are having a hard time finding someplace to take the kids. Can anyone suggest anything? Like a water or amusement park? The boys are 6 and 11. There's only so much fishing you can do.

TIA!
Debbie

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to 3MiniSchnauzers

Sending you a PM Debbie...

vani
vani 
Pro
vani
  • vani on 03-03-10 09:52 AM
In response to CraftyCandace

Hi everyone . I'm from San Diego moving to Picayune next month .

Mississippi Queen
Diva
Mississippi Queen
In response to vani

Hello - I'm not from Mississippi, but I do have a house in Ocean Springs and I LOVE it there - what a beautiful state you all have!

scrappyksue
Veteran
scrappyksue
In response to Mississippi Queen

Just found this too. I am in Brandon, Mississippi. Anyone close?

KDiaz
KDiaz 
New Kid On the Block
KDiaz
  • KDiaz on 10-10-11 01:53 PM
In response to scrappyksue

I have just moved to Brookhaven from CA(still in process of relocating). Would love to find out about local scraps/clubs etc.
Kathy

Page 32 of 33 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics