Page 2 of 12 
Username Post: Missouri        (Topic#998866)
evansmom825
Diva
evansmom825
In response to TimeScrapper

timewrinkler, how far is warrenton from kansas city?

ScrapNorway
Idol
ScrapNorway
In response to TimeScrapper

Where is Sullivan?

I think I stayed about 1-2 hours away from Kansas City and St.Joe. I can't relly remember how long time we drove from there rihgt now. Anyone know Gilman City or Jameson?

danni483
Pro
danni483
In response to ScrapNorway

sullivan is about 65 or 70 miles west of st louis on interstate 44 little bitty town...

i love it i grew up in a place called Japan Missouri....even smaller....your nearest neighbor is a cow....literaly

evansmom825
Diva
evansmom825
In response to danni483

Quote:

danni483 said:
sullivan is about 65 or 70 miles west of st louis on interstate 44 little bitty town...

i love it i grew up in a place called Japan Missouri....even smaller....your nearest neighbor is a cow....literaly

ScrapNorway
Idol
ScrapNorway
In response to evansmom825

Quote:

evansmom825 said:
Quote:

danni483 said:

Yes that was funny!!!

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-19-05 03:35 AM
In response to ScrapNorway

I'm wondering if any of my relatives are on here?!?!?! Does Kenny in Odessa ring a bell to anyone???

ScrapNorway
Idol
ScrapNorway
In response to Keys

Sorry, not for me.....

cammersmom
Idol
cammersmom
In response to evansmom825

Hello All. Am newer to this website and just saw this thread. I live in Union, MO!! Just a hop, skip and jump away from you timewrinkler!!

doxiemama
New Kid On the Block
doxiemama
In response to Kels

Anyone out there from Springfield?

mwjlnb
mwjlnb 
Expert
mwjlnb
In response to doxiemama

Hi everyone! I'm from GA but would LOVE to move to MO. My dh and i visited a few years ago in the poplar area and a few other areas. for the life of me i can't think of the neme of the other town. We loved it but dh couldn't find work so we came on home. If anyone knows of Welding work i'd love to hear about it and then maybe i could join ya'll

doxiemama
New Kid On the Block
doxiemama
In response to mwjlnb

Margot,

There are three stainless steel companies here in Springfield, my son is a welder and grinder at one of them. I don't know if any are hiring though. The company names are Rose Metal Products, Paul Muellers, and Precision Stainless.

Good Luck

mwjlnb
mwjlnb 
Expert
mwjlnb
In response to doxiemama

Thanks. i'll look into those.

Lexiemmygracie
Veteran
Lexiemmygracie
In response to mwjlnb

Im just west of Springfield....im there just about everyday. Im a frequent shopper at all the LSS's there.

danni483
Pro
danni483
In response to Lexiemmygracie

hey cammersmom i am from Sullivan not to far from Union.....could you tell me where there are any good stores in Union i only know of one in washington and it was going out of business....thank you....i am always wanting to find new stores looking for baby boy angel stuff cant find anything ANYWHERE....

mwjlnb
mwjlnb 
Expert
mwjlnb
In response to danni483

Hi everyone. My DH and i are really looking into moving to MO. the Springfield area seems like the best possibility for us but i have a few questions if you don't mind. How much snow do you get in the winters I'd love to look forward to a white christmas. Also what are the best places to look for renting a place or buying a place. We have 2 boys and a dog. Any info would be great. i've looked at realtor.com but find mostly land. It doesn't have to be in the city (we're not really city folk) but he doesn't want to drive more than 30 minutes to work. thanks

cammersmom
Idol
cammersmom
In response to mwjlnb

HEY THERE danni483!! The scrpbook store in Washington is closed. There is a pretty good one in union called scrapbook central. I shop there all the time!! It is on highway 50 right next to Heartland's pharmacy. Don't know if you are familiar with Union at all. If you want better direction, just PM me. They have crops and some good classes as well. There is also a pretty big store in Villa Ridge, right at the Washington exit--hwy 44/47 junction there. I have been to the store in Sullivan only once, do you shop there often??

doxiemama
New Kid On the Block
doxiemama
In response to cammersmom

A white Christmas in Springfield is a kind of hit and miss thing. We get more of our winter snow in late January and February. We had a particularly mild winter this year and only had one snow of any significance.

I haven't rented in years but I know there is a lot of property out there right now. I live just outside the city limits in the northeast part of Springfield. Strafford is about 10 minutes to the east and Marshfield about 20 minutes straight out I44. To the south we have Ozark and Nixa. To the west there is Republic and Willard. All cute little towns and takes only a few minutes to drive into Springfield with a good highway system.

cammersmom
Idol
cammersmom
In response to doxiemama

DANNI--Sorry--I mean at hwy 44 and 100 (not 44/47)!!

mwjlnb
mwjlnb 
Expert
mwjlnb
In response to cammersmom

Thanks for helping everyone. DH found out his company has a plant out there so he is putting in for a transfer. I hope that goes through quickly b/c we really want to move out there. We found a cute house listed in Lockwood....does anyone know anything about the area. Is it nice and is it very far from Springfield?

luvmytwins
Idol
luvmytwins
In response to mwjlnb

I live in Springfield...have my whole life.

Margot....your dh might also check out a company called Loren Cook. I used to work there and they make industrial sized fans and air moving equipment. Lots of welding work there. I'm not sure about Lockwood. I can tell you that I love Springfield and I couldn't imagine raising my children anywhere else. We have pretty good public schools, lots of family oriented things to do and we are 3 hours from Kansas City, St. Louis and Tulsa. So that is nice too. We also have some really nice LSS's here.

Good luck!

Page 2 of 12 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics