Page 7 of 11 
Username Post: New Jersey        (Topic#998881)
Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to happy2Bscrapper

Hopefully, I will be able to stay awake for some of the crop and the one hour plus drive home. We will need to let each other know how to identify each other at the So many Pictures class.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to Unique scrapper

It still is a few days away- not sure what I will be wearing.... Let me know when you know what you will be wearing.....

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper

don't know but it is supposed to be warm that day. Do you know if there are places to eat in the convention center itself? I will most likely be carrying a black sweater since I assume it will be cool in the place.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

There is a food court net to the vendor faire. Other than that you have to go into town or down on Easton Rd. The classrooms at the hotel can be cold but I don't think that I have ever needed a sweater.

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper

Ok so I leave the sweater in the car. I will most likely have a cup of coffee in my hand, at least I hope so and I am planning on bringing my trusty blue and white striped bag to hold all of my scrapping stuff. I wear glasses that usually end up on top of my head since they are for distance. My name is Rosemarie

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

No, bring the sweater just in case you need it. I would hate to have you be cold, and not have your sweater.... I will wear a gray t shirt that says " Simply Cropping". My name is Elizabeth.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

Hi, I think that I figured out who you were, but by the time that I finished what I was working on, you had left. Was your bag a thin stripped fabric bag?

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper

that was me! I had not looked on this board since the last time I posted. Are you planning on going o VF? I am glad that I took the time to go to Expo and surprisingly, the ride was not as bad as I thought it was going to be.
I enjoyed the classes with Simplicraft (I took 3 of them). The class, On The Go with Close to My Heart was more of a commercial but the class was still OK.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

Yes I plan on going to VF all 3 days.... The Expo was fun, VF is much bigger.... The Expo was bigger and more crowded than last year. I think that the vendors did very well. They already announced that they will return next year. I am glad that hey had it before VF this year and that there is more time in between.
I enjoyed the classes. I took 2 of the SimpliCraft classes and thought that they were good....

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper

I am also going to VF all 3 days and taking lots of classes. I am not looking forward to the drive though especially since I need to be at VF by 8:30 Thurs. for a 9am class. I am staying at the Embassy Suites. I saw on the CKC club forum that some of the CKCs have classes on the Cricut. I am somewhat bummed that there won't be such a class at VF. I also understand that summer CHA is the same weekend as VF so I do hope that it does not have too much of an effect on the Vendor Faire.
Maybe we can make plans for dinner one night.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

I have always driven out on the first day of the Convention and get there by 9. It is not a bad drive. It takes about an hour and a half from my home. Two of us are going out Thursday and another woman is joining us Friday.We are going to the Sketches Workshop Thursday night and the Friday night crop. We are staying at the Clarion. I expect a full vendor faire since it is the largest CKC... You are welcome to join us either or both nights for dinner... Are you going by yourself?

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper

last summer, I did the all day class on Thursday, I don't remember the name of it but it started at 9. I did hit a little bit of traffic near Philly. It is about a 2 to 2 1/2 hour ride for me. I remember that last year I was so tired by Saturday night and I got such a headache because of the heat. I may think about getting the room for Wed. night so that I don't need to rush around as much on Thursday. Not sure yet though.
I will be at the crop on Thursday night also. You know what I look like so look for me! During the day, I will have the same blue and white stripped bag and the glasses will still be sitting on top of the head. Rosemarie

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

I will keep an eye out for you.... I can't wait!! It is getting closer!

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper

Yes, coming soon. I just need to get through my DS's birthday and graduation party next weekend then we need to drain the pool since we are having it re-plastered. UGH! then need to fill it
back up again which will take days. DS has college orientation and I need to have my car serviced and then I will be off. I still need to change my reservation to Wed. night. I am pretty sure that I will leave here around 3 or 3:30 so that I can get a decent night's sleep and be more refreshed for Thursday morning. Still not sure about Saturday night.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

Hop e that you have gotten through most of your"stuff". I am starting to get my things ready for the classes and the crops! Can't wait. Will be looking out for you!

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper

I got down here today, Wednesday so that hopefully, I can get a decent night's sleep before the world wind 3 days ahead. I had to check into a different hotel for tonight so I will need to check into my other hotel tomorrow. Remember to say "hi" if you spot me.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

Didn't see you this time.... Had a wonderful time at the Convention and was so glad that it was 3 days long. I am hoping that the vendors did well enough that they willl decide that the 3 days was a success.... and will do it for the 3 days next year, too.

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper

I enjoyed myself also. Did you stay in a hotel or drive home? I am finally starting to put my stuff away (I took 16 classes plus Thurs. and Friday crops and a little shopping) I had to get ready for another party the weekend after CKC and then I decided to paint the basement and while I was down there, hey, why not paint the scraproom? Yeah, but moving all of that stuff out of the room sure took a lot out of me! Almost done straightening out the place and then, poof! summer is over!

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

We stayed at the Clarion, which is just down the road. I started with a room to myself and ended up switching to a room with 4 in 2 double beds and one on the floor!!!! We had a great time but some of us did our own things.... 2 of us went to the Thursday night sketches crop and one more joined us for the Friday night crop!
Well you definitely have been busy!!!I have too, but in other ways! Am looking forward to some weekend crops that are coming up!

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper

lucky you.

Page 7 of 11 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics