Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: New Mexico        (Topic#998884)
julybabyz
Guru
julybabyz
In response to Keys

There you go! I wished I had more time to scrapbook, but I work full time, so my days off are devoted to my kids. Thanks Micki for all the homeschooling info! I am going to look into it now!

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-30-05 02:46 AM
In response to julybabyz

Sure! Let me know if you need some help. The "legal" is fairly easy in this state. Finding the materials that works for you is probably the hardest.

mjneal
mjneal 
Expert
mjneal
In response to Keys

hey Leigh, I saw you mentioned you and your DH work in Rio Rancho....do either of you work for Intel? I do and worked out of the Rio Rancho site several years ago before moving to California....RR is not that big so I was curious if either you you were Intel-ites.

Robstwins
Tenant
Robstwins
In response to mjneal

I am in the NV, off of Alameda and Rio Grande.

julybabyz
Guru
julybabyz
In response to Robstwins

Hey Missy, Yes one of us does and it is not me! My dh has been there for about 16 years. Actaully I am from the bay area before moving to New Mexico! Gosh I sure miss California! How do you like it?

julybabyz
Guru
julybabyz
In response to Robstwins

Quote:

Robstwins said:
I am in the NV, off of Alameda and Rio Grande.

Welcome Robbie!

mjneal
mjneal 
Expert
mjneal
In response to julybabyz

Quote:

julybabyz said:
Hey Missy, Yes one of us does and it is not me! My dh has been there for about 16 years. Actaully I am from the bay area before moving to New Mexico! Gosh I sure miss California! How do you like it?

Well it sure can be a small world. We moved from Albuquerque to San Jose over 8 years ago and although we miss the beautiful mountain sunsets.....we LOVE california. There is so much to do and so much culture here it keeps us on the go all the time. I still have friends in NM and visit every once in a while....but most of them like to come here for a vacation so it's not that often we get back to NM.

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 07-18-05 07:34 AM
In response to mjneal

Has anyone here been to Scraps Galore?? I just saw it listed in my PK mag and was wondering if I should leave DH with the kids and check it out.

julybabyz
Guru
julybabyz
In response to Keys

I love Scraps! Did you ever make it down there? The have a really neat Midnight Madness crop on the 2nd and 3rd sat. of each month. It is $10.00 and you could go in a scrap untill midnight and you can purchase what ever you use at the end of the night. I love it because you know how you go to do a layout and you are missing a certain color or item. But they also have a lot of the newest scrapbooking items that are out. Let me know what you think.

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 08-05-05 05:40 AM
In response to julybabyz

I haven't been there yet!

DH is scared with one so close!!!

I told him I must go soon and if I like it, I will not renew my kit club as my way of compromising with him.

julybabyz
Guru
julybabyz
In response to Keys

Tell him to be very afraid!!!!!!! Ha-Ha!

Did anyone take advantage of the tax free day? I did. Although there was not as many good sales as I expected, it did get me out to get some school shopping done.

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 08-07-05 03:01 PM
In response to julybabyz

No tax free day for me. We tried to avoid any place that may have had a crowd!! The few cents we would have saved wouldn't have been worth the trouble.

rarehare
Idol
rarehare
In response to Keys

I'm in Alamogordo! I've been to Scraps Galore a couple times and they are GREAT! I've also been to the stamp store in Santa Fe!! What a bunch of steps to climb but it's a cool store!!
Las Cruces just lost their only sb store..sorry to say.. the girls there were the best! I still go to The Stamp Act in El Paso but it's mostly a stamp store..not alot in the way of scrapbook stuff!

New Kid On the Block
In response to rarehare

Hello! I am also from New Mexico and I discovered this site only a couple of days ago. I am from Roswell. I am interested to talk to you guys and get some ideas. I have a one track mind. I get stuck on one pattern and can't get off. Any suggestions?
Sydney

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 09-25-05 03:01 AM
In response to sydhobbs

Hi Sydney!

I kind of get stuck in a pattern too. I have enjoyed getting kit club kits in the mail. Sometimes they send me stuff I would have NEVER of picked up in a store if left on my own. Sometimes I just have to sit it there and look at it awhile before I use it but then it comes. These l/o tend to be my better ones.

OT: what are some good places to eat there?? Roswell is usually our stopping place when we drive down to TX. There is a diner we stop at but was wonder what else was there (we don't go too far off the hwy).

New Kid On the Block
In response to Keys

If you use Hwy. 285 then there are a few I would suggest. There is a mexican food place right past second street called El Toro Bravo. It is excellent. I would take the cook home with me if my husband wouldn't get mad. Like I said that one is on the corner of First and Main. We have more mexican food places than anything else. Octavio's is really good and cheap. It is a little further out of the way but well worth it. It is on Main right past Hobbs. There are only three others I would suggest but you have to like burritos. Burrito Express, Burritos and More, and Fat's Burritos. That is really all we have that is good that isn't you typical restaurants that you can find anywhere. I am doing digital scrapbooking so I'm not sure a kit would work. Any other suggestions.
Sydney

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 10-03-05 04:29 AM
In response to sydhobbs

I cannot wait to try some of those places the next time we drive thru.

As far as getting out of your pattern...
Look at others layouts and make notes of the new things that are appealing to you. Then pick one and find maybe 3-5 different ways to try it in your layout.

julybabyz
Guru
julybabyz
In response to Keys

Hi Sydney,
Welcome to our little New Mexico thread. I usually find when I get stuck in a rut, I'll go over to the gallery for some ideas. I also subscribe to Creating Keepsakes magazine. I love their ideas, very fresh and new.

scrappyjackson
Veteran
scrappyjackson
In response to Keys

This is an older thread, but I thought I would pop in and say I'm here! Hello any other scrappers in NM!

Tenant
In response to scrappyjackson

Ok I. see this is an older thread, but anyone in Albuquerque? It has been a while since these earlier posts. Looking to make some scrapping friends locally I moved here from Pennsylvania and am used to a lot of scrapbook things to do and am missing that terribly.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics