Page 4 of 152 
Username Post: Texas        (Topic#998911)
sharonrose
Guru
sharonrose
In response to jbhood

hi everybody, from Lufkin (in E. Texas) here!!!

just now noticed this new thread!

scrappingmargo
Veteran
scrappingmargo
In response to Taterdawg

Good Monday Morning Texas gals how is everyone doing?

ChandraLa
Diva
ChandraLa
In response to scrappingmargo

Allergies suck!

scrappingmargo
Veteran
scrappingmargo
In response to ChandraLa

LOL I hear you I don't suffer form them but my hubby and two kids to. They have them really bad and of course everything is blooming here.

TX_Dot
TX_Dot 
Guru
TX_Dot
In response to ChandraLa

Quote:

ChandraA said:
Allergies suck!

I guess that answers that question!

ChandraLa
Diva
ChandraLa
In response to TX_Dot

I like to get to the heart of the matter.

ChandraLa
Diva
ChandraLa
In response to ChandraLa

Does anyone know of a local book club?

TX_Dot
TX_Dot 
Guru
TX_Dot
In response to ChandraLa

Sure don't. Sorry

ChandraLa
Diva
ChandraLa
In response to TX_Dot

It's alright. My husband told me I didn't have a life, so I'm trying to find one!

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to ChandraLa

Hi everyone-

Just thought I would post on this site. My daughter got accepted to UTSA and will soon be a longhorn I believe. My DH is in the AF and we live in England. We wasn't sure why she picked there but were happy for her.

Just a couple of weeks ago, my DH got orders to Abilene Texas, so now we will only be 5 hours away from our DD (according to mapquest).

OK that's my life right now. Hoping to learn a bit about TX by visiting your site over the next couple of months.

scrappingmargo
Veteran
scrappingmargo
In response to scrapwriter

Oh that is great that you are going to be able to be close to her. Hmm can't tell you much about where you are going because I live here in good old west texas where there is way to much dirt. LOL

Jeanne-Marie
Mayor
Jeanne-Marie
In response to scrapwriter

Quote:

scrapwriter said:
Hi everyone-

Just thought I would post on this site. My daughter got accepted to UTSA and will soon be a longhorn I believe. My DH is in the AF and we live in England. We wasn't sure why she picked there but were happy for her.

J

she won't be a longhorn... she'll be a Roadrunner!

rothko
rothko 
Veteran
rothko
In response to ChandraLa

Quote:

ChandraA said:
It's alright. My husband told me I didn't have a life, so I'm trying to find one!

you mean your uber-goober-gamer-geek husband told you to get a life?! what does a "life" consist of for him? joining you on the xbox?

(sorry, just found it a little ironic, don't mean to offend... my hubby just unpacked his game cube today, so i feel your pain...)

ChandraLa
Diva
ChandraLa
In response to rothko

Quote:

rothko said:

you mean your uber-goober-gamer-geek husband told you to get a life?! what does a "life" consist of for him? joining you on the xbox?

(sorry, just found it a little ironic, don't mean to offend... my hubby just unpacked his game cube today, so i feel your pain...)

You didn't offend. I thought the same thing. I told him all he does is sit in front of the XBox, and he said "yes, but I talk to people on there". Okay, Chief. I guess I'm supposed to sit around reading the Wheel of Time series, staring at the calendar for the day Star Wars comes out, and watching Stargate reruns at 11 at night. Every now and then I'll do something kind of mean with regards to the XBox. I'll hide the controllers so he can't play. Or I'll put in another game disc to see how long it takes him to notice (he mostly plays Halo 2), or I'll use it myself and play something like Top Spin so bad it drives him crazy and he tries to take the controller from me.

TX_Dot
TX_Dot 
Guru
TX_Dot
In response to ChandraLa

Quote:

ChandraA said:
[
You didn't offend. I thought the same thing. I told him all he does is sit in front of the XBox, and he said "yes, but I talk to people on there".

And what are you doing when you are here? The written word is just as powerful as the spoken!

ChandraLa
Diva
ChandraLa
In response to TX_Dot

Who knows? I guess reading isn't the same as yelling WHERE'S THAT SNIPER SHOOTING FROM??????? into a little green headset while sitting in the dark in front of a television.

TX_Dot
TX_Dot 
Guru
TX_Dot
In response to ChandraLa

ChandraLa
Diva
ChandraLa
In response to TX_Dot

The sage in bloom, is like perfume
Deep in the of Texas.

scrappingmargo
Veteran
scrappingmargo
In response to ChandraLa

What a pretty day we had here today no wind which is usually really bad this time of year. Daughter was swimming too.

Jeanne-Marie
Mayor
Jeanne-Marie
In response to ChandraLa

Quote:

ChandraA said:
Who knows? I guess reading isn't the same as yelling WHERE'S THAT SNIPER SHOOTING FROM??????? into a little green headset while sitting in the dark in front of a television.

I really think he's been playing my husband! that's what he does too!!

Page 4 of 152 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics