Page 1 of 417 
Username Post: Virginia        (Topic#998919)
Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 03-31-05 02:10 PM

Welcome to Virginia!

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn
In response to Kels

thanks for mentioning my home state. i live near the nc/va border so i shop in carolina and scrap in VA. i love it here. there are neat things coming up in nc though and i think sbing is going huge.

KuteScrapper06
Veteran
KuteScrapper06
In response to riverroadrn

Woohoo.. GO VA! I live near Roanoke!

dkctsmith
Veteran
dkctsmith
In response to KuteScrapper06

hey i live in lynchburg!!!

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn
In response to dkctsmith

alright, lets get virginia back on the sb.com map, woohoo go virginians. we rock and scrap

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn

oh and by the way, dkctsmith, do you know of any LSS in l'burg or roanoke? we tend to go towards durham way, but love lynchburg too.

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn

OOPS I FORGOT, did you know hobbylobby is coming to danville this spring, YIPPEE

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn

ok, whats with all the virginia folks, lets get it back up to the top, and lets pick our fav scrapbooking places in VA

KuteScrapper06
Veteran
KuteScrapper06

LOL.. I want a hobby lobby in Roanoke! fav scrapbooking place? what do ya mean?

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn

I meant LSS, I want to be able to shop in VA rather than drive to NC to shop.

luvscrapin
Governor
luvscrapin

yeah!! hopefully we will have the hobby lobby open in Danville soon! I can't wait!

Corynn
Corynn 
Expert
Corynn
In response to luvscrapin

Hiya VA ladies! OMG, can it be??? Scrappers near me!

I am in Lexington, and I see a Roanoke scrapper (where I shop) *waves* and Lynchburg too! I am a little further from South Boston, but not too far...only about an hour and a half.

KuteScrapper06
Veteran
KuteScrapper06
In response to Corynn

Hey Hey just checked back again!! So glad to see scrappers near me:) Can wait to get to know u guys more!

Cysco12
Resident
Cysco12

Hello everyone!! I live in Rocky Mount! Great to see some people close by visit this website!

MaureenFrances
Idol
MaureenFrances
In response to Cysco12

Hi y'all! Haven't been on this thread yet! I'm outside of Richmond. I think riverroadrn has said she's been to the Memories Galore store. Anyone else? It's great!!
I'm new to the area, so not too sure about how far you are. I saw there was a convention in chantilly, Virginia. I finally found it on the map and saw it's about 2 1/2 hours from here. So don't think I'll make it this year!

Corynn
Corynn 
Expert
Corynn
In response to MaureenFrances

Hey Cysco! Welcome to the boards!!

Hi Maureen! You're just a little over 2 hours from me...I haven't been to the Memories Galore store over there, but I might have to make the trip!

Oh I forgot to tell ya riverroadrn, there is a LSS in Roanoke that I have been to...Scrapbooks Galore and More. It's on Orange Ave. Then there is a Michaels, Joann's, etc. I wish there were more here!

Is anyone else making the trip to Chantilly for the Expo? It's close to 3 hours away, and I would LOVE to go...but don't think we're going to make it.

DGLAML 
Tenant
In response to Corynn

I was SO thrilled to see other members from Virginia. Actually, I'm really excited now! I am also from Lynchburg, VA and am having a difficult time finding scrappers who aren't stuck into only one line of scrapping. Sadly, I have to agree that there isn't much around this area for Scrapbooking. There is a cute little scrapbook store that I go to for classes here in Lynchburg but she's currently out on Maternity leave. Other than that, I have been to the scrapbook store in Roanoke a few times. I do know there's one also in Charlottesville and a ton in VA Beach area but I haven't been in that direction for quite some time. I've heard of the one in Richmond but haven't been to it as well as to the stores in Northern VA. Hanging on to the edge of my chair after hearing that a Hobby Lobby is FINALLY coming nearby. Curious about the shops in NC. Sadly, we only have one car so I don't drive and DH isn't very tolerant about my desire to just go searching for scrapbook stores. Would love to plan some get togethers with those of you that are nearby or maybe a halfway point for those who aren't. I am looking for some scrapbook pals to just get together to become friends and work on scrapping projects. Please feel free to contact me anytime....

DGLAML

Corynn
Corynn 
Expert
Corynn
In response to DGLAML

Absolutely! We should do some shopping trips, crops, etc together!

Once we all get to know each other, I would love to go to Richmond to the Memories Galore store, and maybe take a trip over to VA Beach! I hear there are a ton of stores there.

LOL, I have a minivan with lots of room and seating for 7!

Debdab 
New Kid On the Block
In response to Corynn

Hi! I live near Richmond. Memories Galore is awesome. I've heard there are 2 shops in Fredericksburg - there's also a couple in Williamsburg I would love to check out - Anybody been to those?
Debbie

Corynn
Corynn 
Expert
Corynn
In response to Debdab

I haven't been to those Debbie...

Oh hey! for you Richmond area gals, have you heard anything about the My Girlfriend's Kitchen thing in Midlothian? It seems really neat (and great for me 'cause I am the worst cook in the world, LOL) I've been trying to find someone who has done it...to see if it's any good or not. Here's the link:

https://secure.mygirlfriendskitchen.com/index.php

Page 1 of 417 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics