Page 1 of 11 
Username Post: United Kingdom        (Topic#998943)
Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 03-31-05 02:15 PM

Welcome to the United Kingdom!

Rosani
Rosani 
Veteran
Rosani
In response to Kels

Any other Brits around?

Not that I'm one - I'm just a UK resident - but would be nice to meet others!

AlisonR
Tenant
AlisonR
In response to Rosani

Hiya there are a few Brits on here they maybe just haven't found this forum yet!

Rraine
Rraine 
Veteran
Rraine
In response to AlisonR

I'm a Canadian - I live in Ontario - but with Scottish descent - and would love to talk with other Scotts - where are you from Alison?

Baby Bear
Veteran
Baby Bear
In response to Rraine

Hi there, I'm Lorraine, new to scrapping by just a few months, new to scrapbook.com as of today

I live just outside Belfast, Northern Ireland. I am the only person I know that scraps!!!!!!! I have got the phone number of a lady that has got a little group together and meet once a month, so I'm going to try and join that.

Rraine
Rraine 
Veteran
Rraine
In response to Baby Bear

Hi Lorraine,
That's my name too - but I just shortened it to "Rraine" and it stuck - so I use it as a screen name. How did you hear about scrapping if you are the only person you know who does it? This is a great site and you'll get lots of ideas and helpful suggestions. Welcome!

Baby Bear
Veteran
Baby Bear
In response to Rraine

I've been a member (now admin) of an american based Mommas board since 2003 and was always interested when the other girls taked about the scrapping.

I started making cards towards the end of last year, always believing I'd never get into scrapping but after buying a couple of paper craft magazines, I had lots of ideas swirling round my head and decided to give it ago.

I found it easy to use my card emblishments, stickers, rub ons for scrapping as well and just had to get card stock and a scrapbook to start!

I order online (from here and another UK site) and a few of the craft shops in Belfast have limited scrapbooks etc. I've also just taken part in my first scrap-stock exchange on the other board and can't wait to see what I'll receive!

Whew, you wanted the long version, didn't you?

Rraine
Rraine 
Veteran
Rraine
In response to Baby Bear

LOL!! That wasn't very long at all!

I had watched tv shows where they talked about scrapbooking and all I really knew was that you were suppose to use acid free papers. So off I went to one of our big craft stores (Michael's) and bought up acid free paper, stamps, ink pads, stickers, etc. Then when I got home I thought "well, now what am I suppose to do?" I tried a page on my own - I still have it - and it was HORRIBLE! Then nearly a year later I went to a Creative Memories class. It's amazing what a little instruction will do. I walked out of that class $200.00 poorer, but well on my way to a wonderful hobby. That was nearly 4 years ago. Now I teach classes at a local Hardware store in the craft department. I'm lovin' it!!

Southwest Rose
New Kid On the Block
Southwest Rose
In response to Rraine

Hi ladies!!

Former resident of Edinburgh,Scotland, now living in the desert in Arizona!

I was a resident for 4 years, and left a bit of my heart behind in the green lush hills of the highlands!!

Just wanted to come round and give a Cheery Hi to you all!!!

Ta!

Rraine
Rraine 
Veteran
Rraine
In response to Southwest Rose

OMG - How does one go from Edinburgh to Arizona!!? What a change! Or were you originally from Arizona and just moved back home? No matter - welcome to sb.com - you'll love it here - lots of great people and amazing ideas!!

lfcinistanbul
Tenant
lfcinistanbul
In response to Rraine

hi every1

Baby Bear
Veteran
Baby Bear
In response to lfcinistanbul

• lfcinistanbul Said:
hi every1

Hi there, great result the other night, eh?

snufkin
Resident
snufkin
In response to Baby Bear

Hi I am new here and live in milton keynes

gnomes
gnomes 
Idol
gnomes
In response to snufkin

I'm from Cornwall but currently living in Kuwait - missing blighty but maybe not the weather!

Rosani
Rosani 
Veteran
Rosani
In response to snufkin

• snufkin Said:
Hi I am new here and live in milton keynes

OMG - I'm in MK too!!! Nice to meet you!!

pecky57
New Kid On the Block
pecky57
In response to Rosani

hi just found you i am from flitwick bedfordshire this looks like a good site to visit has anybody shopped here?

Irlanda
Diva
Irlanda
In response to pecky57

Hey!! hello! I know that I'm not brit, I'm from Spain but I just wanted to say Hello to all of you.

Rosani
Rosani 
Veteran
Rosani
In response to pecky57

Hi pecky - I've been to the garden center just off the M1 J13 and there is a craft shop in it called Craftability or something like it. IT was pretty good!

Otherwise, I'm afraid there isn't much shopping to be done around MK - our closest good shop is about an hour and a half away!

lesleymark
Veteran
lesleymark
In response to Rosani

Hi!
Just came across this part of the forum, and thought I should make my presence known! I live in central Scotland, and spend half my time on this site (the half that isn't making cards or scrapping!) It's great for inspiration, and I've uploaded a few of my own cards. Haven't put any layouts up yet, but will as soon as I get Photoshop back on my laptop!

Lesley

snufkin
Resident
snufkin
In response to lesleymark

Hi rosani and pecky57 i too have been to the garden center just off the M1 Craftability my favorite place at the moment is stampaddicts in kempston it has wall to wall stamps hello LESLEY MARK nice to meet you

Page 1 of 11 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics