Page 9 of 11 
Username Post: United Kingdom        (Topic#998943)
Guru
In response to jaykayuk

Hi Ladies;

Hope you don't mind my dropping in but I need a little help from you. I've bought a few issues of Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine, the last issue is dated May. I wanted the fairies that were included.

Can you tell me what is meant by sticky fixers, and also what the term fiddly means?

Always been a big fan of Great Britain and love reading Regency Romances!

I'm thinking of subscribing to the magazine next year if I can possibly afford it. Does anyone know enough about the exchange rate to tell me what the L60 would be in American dollars?

Thanks for your help with these questions.

moodymolly a Texan by birth and I've been here most of my life.

~Cat~
~Cat~ 
New Kid On the Block
~Cat~
  • ~Cat~ on 09-18-09 10:28 AM
In response to jaykayuk

Hey everyone, I am new to the forums, but not to digiscrapping I live in the North of Scotland

candy.queen
Expert
candy.queen
In response to ~Cat~

Im from South Yorkshire, England. If anyone knows of any cool scrapping stores about please please please let me know!

I get lot of my things from the net as the best things often come from the US, but postage is a killer!!

LeeLarLou
Resident
LeeLarLou
In response to candy.queen

Hi Candy Queen

a friend of mine shops at embsay crafts and also cutting edge crafts, sort of near-ish to you if you fancy a drive

hope that helps

Lisa:-)

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to Scottie1

• Scottie1 Said:
Hi I'm from Glasgow- I've been trying to pluck up enough courage to join and talk to people on the forms, I've put in a public post but don't know were it goes as I'm not very good with computers I've been scrapbooking for a while and enjoy it, just need some crafty friends x

Hiya - I'm in Ayrshire, about 30mins from you Welcome to sb.com!!

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to moodymolly

• moodymolly Said:
Hi Ladies;

Hope you don't mind my dropping in but I need a little help from you. I've bought a few issues of Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine, the last issue is dated May. I wanted the fairies that were included.

Can you tell me what is meant by sticky fixers, and also what the term fiddly means?

Always been a big fan of Great Britain and love reading Regency Romances!

I'm thinking of subscribing to the magazine next year if I can possibly afford it. Does anyone know enough about the exchange rate to tell me what the L60 would be in American dollars?

Thanks for your help with these questions.

moodymolly a Texan by birth and I've been here most of my life.

Sticky Fixers as far as I'm aware are either foam pads or sticky velcro pads. Fifddly means hard to manipulate, like they might fall out your hand or be tricky to pick up - it depends on the context of the sentence What did the mag say?

butterflycrafts
Tenant
butterflycrafts
In response to SuperAllyFan

Hi Ladies, I'm Karen from Essex xxx

New Kid On the Block
In response to butterflycrafts

Hello All, please can I jump in.

I've not yet started scrapping, not sure where to start or what to buy. I do have a mound of photos just sitting in boxes, need to do something with them.

I now live in North Hampshire but was born in London, have lived in Essex and Surrey inbetween, both inside the M25.

Nice to meet you all.

embossedheart
New Kid On the Block
embossedheart
In response to snufkin

Hi! I'm from the UK, I live in East London, anyone in and around there too?????? Would love to hear from you!

embossedheart
New Kid On the Block
embossedheart
In response to Aquilegia

I used to live in Surrey too! I live in London now with my Fiance. Nice to see you here. Check the scrapbook.com 'new to scrapbooking' link (resources>articles> ;beginning scrapbooking>new to scrapbooking) it will give you a ton of useful info to get u started. good luck! x

New Kid On the Block
In response to embossedheart

Hello Embossedheart.

When I lived in East London it was Bethnal Green, in Surrey it was Sutton.
Left E. London when I was 16 and Surrey when I was just shy of 31, that was 23½ years ago.

embossedheart
New Kid On the Block
embossedheart
In response to Aquilegia

Yes, I know both those places! Happy scrapping btw, how are you getting on?
X

New Kid On the Block
In response to embossedheart

Hello EmbossedHeart,

At the mo I'm only doing digi scrapping, also just starting to delve into paper crafts. Need to find space to stash it all.
Where in E. London are you?

tracy scrap
Tenant
tracy scrap
In response to Aquilegia

Hi ladies i`m Tracy from Scotland and new to the forum.
Enjoy scrapping and love altering when i get the chance.
Look forward to getting to know you all.

velvet moon
New Kid On the Block
velvet moon
In response to tracy scrap

Hi

I'm Vivienne from Halifax, West Yorkshire and I'm new-ish to sb.com

Craftbrulee
Expert
Craftbrulee
In response to velvet moon

Hi I am from South London. New to the website. Anyone know of any UK swaps going on?

Catherine13
New Kid On the Block
Catherine13
In response to jaykayuk

Hi - I've just joined this site...and am from essex too

scrappingmam
New Kid On the Block
scrappingmam
In response to Catherine13

Hi everyone!

I'm currently in Orpington (Kent) but may be moving up to Stevenage in the not too distant future.

It's great to see so many UK based folks on here.

Jen x

suescraftstuff
Expert
suescraftstuff
In response to snufkin

Hi! I'm from the UK, Live in the east midlands, Northamptonshire. I've been 'crafting' for about a zillion years, ut only got into scrapbooking last year, I love it and it's all consuming! I get a little niggled though not being able to get all the supplies that they have in the USA. (P.s) can anyone tell me how to add a signature to my posts??)

GH26
GH26 
Resident
GH26
  • GH26 on 07-30-10 11:01 AM
In response to suescraftstuff

I've been here forever and only today do I realise this forum is here! DOh! LOL Hi from sunny Sutton in Surrey

Page 9 of 11 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics