Whew... where to start? I did this one for Page Maps #25 challenge, sketch two. The sketch was originally for an 8 1/2 x 11 page, I think. It made if hard for me to envision it as a 12 x 12... and to be honest, I really didn't like the sketch. (Sorry Pat!!) I've literally struggled with this sketch since the first time I saw it, weeks ago. After many struggles, I finally think I've come up with something I'm satisfied with... no satisfied is not the word. I'm actually quite happy with the layout. The sketch took me far, far out of my comfort zone and I'm really pleased with the results. (Thanks Pat!!) lol
I combined this challenge with the March Progressive Warm Ups (It's hard to scrap without one of these anymore!) I chose January 3o, 2011, Sunday Round 8, Spa Progressive. Steps were...
2. Paper step - I crumbled, wad, unfolded, and straightened the dictionary paper in the pleats.
3. Photo - Decorative corners
4. Flower - Simple Flower (Ok, the flowers that I did are not under the list of simple flowers, BUT, I was hoping that Stacey might induct them into the hall of simple flower fame. I found out how to do them from one of Pat's layouts. (Thanks again, Pat! lol) They are so simple! I love them!!! Here's her layout where she explains how to make them. http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/298615/view/3147623/-1/1.html I didn't have any shimmer mist, so I rubbed them over my red ink pad a bit.
5. Die cut (flourishes & twigs) and non scrap item (Hat pin, beads, dictionary paper)
6. Title - Texture (foam)
7. Doodles -around title and faux stitching on half circle.
Thank you for looking and your encouraging comments!